General Yuzuru Chat

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I'm thinking this means that whatever visa the skaters use for Canada must be the same/equivalent to an international student visa, which means they'll be able to come in. 

this is probably the best guess we can do at the moment.

Though of course the skaters who have always lived in Canada with a parent "taking care" of them need to also figure out how to bring their parents with them.

If the choice is between being in Canada on their own and staying where they are now (in a place where they can train on the ice anyway, even if without coaches), the choice would probably be to wait a bit more to see if some travel restrictions are lifted...

Finally we get confirmation. Its not like there would be a GP series this year so I think he's gonna be fine. At least in Japan he still has ice time to keep his shape. This would be the longest time his family be together after years in canada

12 minutes ago, Katt said:

Its not like there would be a GP series this year so I think he's gonna be fine.

I think all of us should start thinking that the upcoming season will probably consist of national championships, European championships, 4CC championships and world championships.  The logistics of both the GPS/JGPS and the various challenger competitions will be too prohibitive.  The main issue will be border controls, with some nations having fairly open borders and others still in various levels of isolation.  Right now the EU is open to travelers from a fair number of nations but prohibits travelers from the US.  Add to that the border situations and self-quarantining regulations I just don't see things getting untangled enough by late summer for the 2020 parts of the season to take place.

As for Yuzu's situation I think it will not be prohibitive for him to travel to Toronto.  His mother?  If we look at the history of many years' duration an argument can be made that she's necessary.  One thing we should remember is that since she's a family member she can't simply be replaced by a Canadian.  Another thing we should remember is that Japan is not the US and regulations involving travel between Canada and Japan might be considerably less strict than those between the US and Canada.  We'll have to see.  To use a comparison, Stephen Gogolev right now is stuck in Canada.  He can't get to his training locale in the US, even though it is up and running and the situation of travel between the US and Canada right now seems likely to continue well into autumn.  I would think, though, if Jason was able to make it from one direction Stephen might be able to make it going in the other direction.  I think everyone should be able to see, however, international figure skating competition right now is not going to happen in the remainder of 2020.  It's that simple.

So according to the article, Jason had several letters vouching for him (from USFA, Skate Canada, Skate Ontario etc) and still had to try twice to get across the border. So anyone arriving by air (Zhenya, Yuzu) would be well-advised to wait until restrictions are lifted, in case they get turned back. Imagine the cost if you have to fly back and forth. 

Must've sucked for Jason to drive all the way to the Soo (Sault Ste-Marie) only to get turned back. 

I'm really happy for the Hanyu family, that they're getting to spend all this time together. Think of all the sacrifices they've made to support Yuzu all these years. Now they can relax for a bit. 

8 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

LOL

eta: technically it has happened right? Gillis Grafström from 1920-1928 (wow)

Yeah as far as I know Grafstrom is the only triple Olympic champion! Although during his time, I think figure skating would have looked very, very different from present-day figure skating.

And yes, it must be amazing for the Hanyu family to get to spend so much time together, I think since 2012 when Yuzu started training in Canada? 

9 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Don't know why but somehow blue HYK looks very beautiful as well in a different way...

Found from some chats - in Satomi’s draft design page, blue was marked as an alternative if Yuzu did not like it pink.  This means he chose Pink!  :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

11 minutes ago, PoohandYuzu said:

Found from some chats - in Satomi’s draft design page, blue was marked as an alternative if Yuzu did not like it pink.  This means he chose Pink!  :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

It does make sense he chose pink, I think it would have matched the vibe of the programme better :cheer: Pink would suit springtime much more than blue :nod2:

Side note: every time I use these Yuzu emoticons I wonder what he would think if he is actually reading this forum and comes across these... For all we know he could be reading this right now and we will never know...

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So according to the article, Jason had several letters vouching for him (from USFA, Skate Canada, Skate Ontario etc) and still had to try twice to get across the border. So anyone arriving by air (Zhenya, Yuzu) would be well-advised to wait until restrictions are lifted, in case they get turned back. Imagine the cost if you have to fly back and forth. 

Must've sucked for Jason to drive all the way to the Soo (Sault Ste-Marie) only to get turned back. 

I'm really happy for the Hanyu family, that they're getting to spend all this time together. Think of all the sacrifices they've made to support Yuzu all these years. Now they can relax for a bit. 

I think that if you are arriving by air, your "papers" are checked at departure. That's at least true for some countries, depending on the gov't and size of airport.  For instance, the US has their point of entry IN some airports (YVR and YYC, for instance.)  I think, with the kind of restrictions in place right now, that departing Japan (and So Korea) would require something that assures the ability to be in the country that one is arriving in.  If SC and SO were persuaded to allow Jason in, it would now be up to the JSF to request that Yuzu be able to return to Toronto.  I expect his "people" are doing what they can ( and what he wants - which may be to stay in Sendai another month).