General Yuzuru Chat

On 6/27/2020 at 5:45 PM, SitTwizzle said:

Here's his struggle to get these 3A :

@sweetwater , could this 4T + 3A + 3A + 3A sequence be this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynbiujIygL4

Is suppose not, as there is no single Axel at the end?

On 6/27/2020 at 6:10 PM, sweetwater said:

That's the one he did in the same venue, but 5months later, at GPF2013, during the finale of the gala. Unfortunately, the 4T+3A+3A+3A+1A in FaOI wasn't filmed. But you can find fans' reports on twitter if you search by ”4T-3A-3A-3A-1A. ”
It was exciting and scary at the same time to know his 4T+3A+ series evolved in a week because he was severely injured in March and didn't look fully recovered at the beginning of June...

Sorry, what is 2014 OSA?  Is that an ice show?

35 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

I believe Yuzu's JSF profile has been updated?

I still can't access the site though, I think too many people are trying to access it so it kind of crashed ><

yep. still loading. 

27 minutes ago, Aydmen said:

Do we know what the deal is with amazon Japan not shipping some items to the US?
Some PhotoBooks will ship just fine and othters won't... O.o?

I noticed that some of the photobooks are restricted to ship to the US during pre-order period, but eventually they became available to ship. Maybe it's to allow Japanese people some priority in ordering, I'm not sure, but I had noticed this with Satomi Ito's costume photo book and also Yaguchi's photo book - both of which can be shipped to the US now if it's being sold directly from Amazon Japan. Some Amazon Japan third party sellers will ship overseas as well, but not all of them, usually if you add an item from a third party seller and try to check out the site will tell you it can't be shipped overseas (although if Amazon was the seller it likely could be shipped overseas).

His name is Hanyu. Yuzuru Hanyu.

I didn't find any thread and didn' t want to open a new one.

This report is about the origin of the name Hanyu, and probably his family.

To sum up, there are two origins of this name Hanyu, one better known in the Kanto region, deriving from the red clay, Hani, that can be found there; and one lesser known not very far North from Sendai, in Osato (Yuzuru Hanyu's paternal grandfather being from Tome, further North from Sendai, and his father having grown there) — plus people, such as a well known chess player, whose name writes the same but reads Habu.

In Miyagi, Hanyu is the name of a district of Osato, meaning "having wings", and it seems to originate from a shrine where birds were sacrificed. 

6 hours ago, daisyjune said:

I don't know how it works, but CDJapan tweets this:

It's very sad that this time they don't sell Kewpie dolls...This morning they sold a limited numbers of the Kewpie dolls from the previous exhibit.

I tried to order a SEIMEI Kewpie. I have a set of four Kewpie I bought two years ago. They are now displayed on my bookshelf. I thought I would need another one to attach to my bag, but all of them were quickly sold out and I couldn't buy it :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

In addition to Kewpie dolls, some of the merchandise from the previous exhibit are sold on the site and unlike Kewpie, they are still available. I ordered a ticket holder which I bought last time and found quite useful, and an acrylic stand which I also bought last time (H&L) and display in front of my PC at my workplace. I love it, so I ordered a new kind to display side by side :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

can someone give a brief overview of how shipping from Japan works? if I'm in canada and want to order some of this stuff, would I order from the official site or through something like this proxy service mentioned in this tweet?

4 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Sorry, what is 2014 OSA?  Is that an ice show?

That's "World Figure Skating Championship 2014 Osaka Exhibition." (OSA is an abbreviation of Osaka, maybe? I'm not sure) It is an ice show held in Osaka shortly after Saitama2014 starring many skaters competed at Worlds and Olympics that year.

Spoiler

And sorry about my post you quoted. I overlooked the youtube video @SitTwizzle shared and wasn't correct about the jump Yuzu did at the end of GPF2013 gala. (He did 4T-3A-3A there, not 4T-3A-3A-3A) :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

2 часа назад, Waterbuffalo сказал:

can someone give a brief overview of how shipping from Japan works? if I'm in canada and want to order some of this stuff, would I order from the official site or through something like this proxy service mentioned in this tweet?

If you want goods from photo exhibition you need proxy cuz they don't ship overseas. I used cdjapan for photobooks and magazines, but as proxy they might be not the cheapest option. If you google Japanese proxy it's easy to find the most famous ones. But now you need to check what shipping is available for your country cuz Japan post has very limited shipping now, so it might be more expensive FedEx or DHL (FedEx was very fast for me).

27 minutes ago, Veveco said:

According to P. Hersh Jason is now back in Canada, though he teased that there is a story behind. Curious to see how that happened (but not enough to give him clicks on his upcoming article).

I guess Yuzuru's location is even more anyone's guess from now on...

I heard that T*L also reported that Jason is back in Canada self-quarantining. I think foreign students are allowed to return to Canada under a study permit, so perhaps the athletes have a similar exemption. 

50 minutes ago, IceWings said:

I heard that T*L also reported that Jason is back in Canada self-quarantining. I think foreign students are allowed to return to Canada under a study permit, so perhaps the athletes have a similar exemption. 

Things may have changed, but I checked the rules a few weeks ago, and basically you must be registered (before March 24th?) at an university, there is a list and TCC isn't on it.
But who knows, maybe Jason Brown could register early at a Canadian university, or he's at an US university which have an exchange program with a Canadian one, or (unlikely, I know) he married a Canadian resident or citizen... or he got permanent residency himself, though this seems so much harder than in Europe. Or another situation I don't imagine.

Or TSL is giving inaccurate information.