General Yuzuru Chat

16 hours ago, TallyT said:

Never mind, I found it, he actually two-footed a 2A, didn't fall.

Im not sure which interview it was, but I remember reading transcripts where he said he fell during program when he won his second Olympic title. I think its that program where they had segments on Plushenko, Javi and Button...

19 hours ago, barbara said:

"Shenanigans" is almost too light-weight a term for what the ISU is doing.  And - are they seriously planning on doing another awards show at next year World's?  It's not like the #1 for almost every category wouldn't be the same nine months from now. Maybe the costume category would relate specifically to the competition year (and why would that go to the skater and not the costume designer?) , but not "most valuable" - that would be the same for the last five years.  Newcomer, I guess.  And when, if ever, will they release the number of fan votes each person received?  The criteria is so vague. 

I find it possible if the Awards won't be a success, especially at Worlds where there will be lots of empty seats, they will realise it will be better idea to go back to gala. After all ISU needs money and they can get more of it if there is a gala and not some awards show. Galas attract more people, even some locals who aren't really into the sport.

The reactions I read about the Awards are either negative or neutral at best. I don't think many will watch it online and it will definitely not reach a wider audience imo. So if their aim is to make the sport more popular in the west, then I think they won't reach that goal.

4 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Canada just extended the closure of the borders to the end of July. So if Yuzu is (as most of us believe) in Japan, it will be a while before he can go back to TCC.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5632625?cmp=rss&__twitter_impression=true

I tend to think his programs are already chosen, and he is practising them in Sendai, under Zoom supervision by TCC coaches. After all, he has started reflecting on them short after Japan Nationals, even if at last he resorted to Ballade and Seimei.

But anyway, we will know nothing of them before his first competition, I think he has always done so? :ninja:

2 часа назад, sallycinnamon сказал:

I find it possible if the Awards won't be a success, especially at Worlds where there will be lots of empty seats, they will realise it will be better idea to go back to gala. After all ISU needs money and they can get more of it if there is a gala and not some awards show. Galas attract more people, even some locals who aren't really into the sport.

The reactions I read about the Awards are either negative or neutral at best. I don't think many will watch it online and it will definitely not reach a wider audience imo. So if their aim is to make the sport more popular in the west, then I think they won't reach that goal.

I dunno what ISU aims with Awards. Galas sometimes attract more general audience, but one of the problems is expensive tickets for a 2-3 hours show, usually almost the same price as for the whole competitive day. General audience might even like more show part, like more show numbers or some retired skaters, but I think Awards part will be simply boring. Also I don't know how much ISU is interested in ticket sales or they're good with TV-rights and ticket sales is organizers headache.

8 минут назад, mercedes сказал:

yeah no chance for media today this year so we'll have to wait for the 1st competion....it's going to be a long dry summer !

thanks we have this forum and tons of Yuzuru's performances to watch!

We need Zoom media day :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I dunno what ISU aims with Awards. Galas sometimes attract more general audience, but one of the problems is expensive tickets for a 2-3 hours show, usually almost the same price as for the whole competitive day. General audience might even like more show part, like more show numbers or some retired skaters, but I think Awards part will be simply boring. Also I don't know how much ISU is interested in ticket sales or they're good with TV-rights and ticket sales is organizers headache.

Just how many candidates will be allowed into that room and where do you buy the tickets? 

27 minutes ago, Lunna said:

link?:rofl3:

it would be a dream,wouldn't it?