General Yuzuru Chat

10 hours ago, yuzupon said:

Even Zuzu can't force me to enjoy the entirety of FS, not after I've learned how it's supposed to happen and see how much the reality deviates from that. 

I used to be in the camp of people who question those who only watch for Yuzu. I am one of them now*. And I no longer care what anyone thinks about that. Not even Yuzu, sorry Zuzu.

*I still have, maybe 5 other skaters I care about, and I watch for them too. The rest, eh. 

ISU shenanigans are a valid reason to not want to watch figure skating, for sure. 

13 hours ago, Cynthia said:

So I know there isn't a cancellation from Skate Canada about ACI 2020, but did they sell any tickets? Usually they sold them in June but no email notice from them. I might just go to Skate Canada International 2020 in Ottawa since I am not risking the trip to ACI 2020. When do tickets for Skate Canada International go on sale if they choose to do so (pricing?)?

No tickets are on sale for either event yet. No details available either. The only thing there is, is ACI has the call for volunteers open. The deadline for cancelling is 10 weeks before. Which for SCI means sometime around mid-August. 

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

ISU shenanigans are a valid reason to not want to watch figure skating, for sure. 

"Shenanigans" is almost too light-weight a term for what the ISU is doing.  And - are they seriously planning on doing another awards show at next year World's?  It's not like the #1 for almost every category wouldn't be the same nine months from now. Maybe the costume category would relate specifically to the competition year (and why would that go to the skater and not the costume designer?) , but not "most valuable" - that would be the same for the last five years.  Newcomer, I guess.  And when, if ever, will they release the number of fan votes each person received?  The criteria is so vague. 

Just now, barbara said:

"Shenanigans" is almost too light-weight a term for what the ISU is doing.  And - are they seriously planning on doing another awards show at next year World's?  It's not like the #1 for almost every category wouldn't be the same nine months from now. Maybe the costume category would relate specifically to the competition year (and why would that go to the skater and not the costume designer?) , but not "most valuable" - that would be the same for the last five years.  Newcomer, I guess.  And when, if ever, will they release the number of fan votes each person received?  The criteria is so vague. 

The whole award ceremony will surely look particularly ridiculous if the competitive season is aborted. And the likelihood thereof is pretty high. 

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

How sweet is it that Yuzu chased after him for a selfie? So cute. 

Aw Kevin. I don't think he's quite cottoned on that he himself is among the elite in men's figure skating at the moment. 

14 hours ago, TallyT said:

Sorry, does anyone remember reading that Dick Button, when discussing Yuzu's 2014 OGM, said he had fallen during one of his Olympic wins? I can't recall where I saw it, but would like to find it for a discussion elsewhere :10814716: Yes, I'm evil.

Never mind, I found it, he actually two-footed a 2A, didn't fall.

2 hours ago, memae said:

Aw Kevin. I don't think he's quite cottoned on that he himself is among the elite in men's figure skating at the moment. 

the rest of us too - it's easy to forget that he's been next to Yuzu on the podium now at 3 competitions in the past year. That's a lot. basically every competition they were at together in 2019-20. 

33 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

For real, he would look so handsome in a tux. 

I suddenly got this mental image of Yuzu doing a gala program (maybe that slow, sensuous Gershwin I dream about) in a deliberately dishevelled tux costume with tie askew and hanging loose, top buttons undone, jacket open..,

Don't mind me.

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

I suddenly got this mental image of Yuzu doing a gala program (maybe that slow, sensuous Gershwin I dream about) in a deliberately dishevelled tux costume with tie askew and hanging loose, top buttons undone, jacket open..,

Don't mind me.

I have more of a James Bond image. It's about time Bond was Japanese, no? 

But for your vision: Rhapsody in Blue, most definitely