General Yuzuru Chat

37 minutes ago, memae said:

If everyone does their best, the sport moves forward. That's how records get broken in swimming. That's how Yuzu imagined and developed the quality of his transitions. That's how he endeavours for the 4A. 

Exactly! To me, this is idea forms part of the basis of good sportsmanship.

20 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Missed the 2019 FaOI party due to a headache, but the TV looks awesome! Must be nice to be able to chat using familiar emojis and without logging in another site :11135030:

Oh, I was watching on mobile due to tech problems and couldn't see the chat... but it looks cool!

So I know there isn't a cancellation from Skate Canada about ACI 2020, but did they sell any tickets? Usually they sold them in June but no email notice from them. I might just go to Skate Canada International 2020 in Ottawa since I am not risking the trip to ACI 2020. When do tickets for Skate Canada International go on sale if they choose to do so (pricing?)?

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

About the folks who say they're only watching figure skating for Yuzu (aka, they're only watching Yuzu)

1. Don't you think that this would make him sad? He loves figure skating so much and wants us all to enjoy it in all it's many forms and has said so in interviews. 

Even Zuzu can't force me to enjoy the entirety of FS, not after I've learned how it's supposed to happen and see how much the reality deviates from that. 

I used to be in the camp of people who question those who only watch for Yuzu. I am one of them now*. And I no longer care what anyone thinks about that. Not even Yuzu, sorry Zuzu.

*I still have, maybe 5 other skaters I care about, and I watch for them too. The rest, eh. 

15 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Thank you!! We learn something new every day <3

I think this just came out:

I find it a bit strange this newspaper interviewed her, it's a tabloid magazine that stalked Yuzu in the past.

@Aydmen  a season calendar for 2020/2021 that will contain photographs from Sunao Noto is scheduled to be released on 18 September. But it seems it'll only be limited and you have to apply for it until 24 July. :( 

https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/contents/information/2020/06/30/20202021/amp.php?__twitter_impression=true

In English:

Yuzuru Hanyu

2020-2021 Figure Skating Season Calendar
Scheduled to be released on September 18 (Friday) Photo: Naoto Noto

Limited production!
Application deadline: July 24

A calendar describing the schedule for the 2020-2021 season will be released along with the start of the figure skating Grand Prix series in October.

In addition to the Grand Prix series, the schedule of major international competitions such as the Four Continents Championships, World Juniors and World Championships, as well as domestic competitions such as All Japan Championships and All Japan Juniors is posted, making it a highly practical calendar.

(*The calendar is from October 2020 to December 2021)