General Yuzuru Chat

Some more rain to water our cacti. Looking forward to our next streaming party :animated-smileys-hello-22:

Google translated:

"[Ch2] 9:30 on 28 (Sun) #Figureskating #FantasyonIce ⛸ From 2014 to 2019, 6 years worth of "Legendary Ice Show" broadcasted on TV Asahi ch2 will be broadcast every Saturday and Sunday ❄️ #FOI # DaisukeTakahashi #YuzuruHanyu #HiromiSato and others"

4 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

It's partly the skates, but my impression is that his legs are a bit longer. I guess we'd have to ask him to pose in his stocking feet to know for sure. Or, I would volunteer to measure ...

:ohmygod:

So would we all! Poor Yuzu, such thirsty fans...:embSwan:

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

haven't heard anything about it :/

Well, there is an official calendar, with GP trophies later than usual by around two weeks, but nobody know if they will take place.

ISU recommended cancellations to be announced 10 weeks at least before the event.

19 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Also, it's annoyingly difficult to find photos of him in that static position where he's just standing with his arms by his side.

You mean the Chopin starting pose? I think the costume would distract from your endeavours though lol. Maybe a practice in the UA gear. 

On that note: I've recently noticed that UA is massively popular at my new school. I've never seen so many teenagers with at least one thing of it. I wonder if Yuzu's influence has made it especially popular in Asia and if that has somehow filtered down to kids in Australia. I know it's been around for years but I've never noticed anyone but athletes (of any description, whether competitive or social) to be wearing it.

1 hour ago, memae said:

On that note: I've recently noticed that UA is massively popular at my new school. I've never seen so many teenagers with at least one thing of it. I wonder if Yuzu's influence has made it especially popular in Asia and if that has somehow filtered down to kids in Australia. I know it's been around for years but I've never noticed anyone but athletes (of any description, whether competitive or social) to be wearing it.

I've noticed this around Perth as well. My niece's kids are wearing UA gears and saw more kids wearing them lately. Not sure it's gaining more popularity because they're becoming more affordable or some other reason.

24 минуты назад, BWOZWaltz сказал:

I've noticed this around Perth as well. My niece's kids are wearing UA gears and saw more kids wearing them lately. Not sure it's gaining more popularity because they're becoming more affordable or some other reason.

Hm, last time I checked (year or two ago) UA was somewhat expensive, so I sicked to more cheap once that I'm satisfied with.

4 hours ago, memae said:

You mean the Chopin starting pose? I think the costume would distract from your endeavours though lol. Maybe a practice in the UA gear. 

I didn't even think of it! :headdesk:However, the image didn't show up in my Googling either...weirdly. 

The short-sleeve UA is definitely the best choice for this purpose - it shows all the body lines properly, so you can measure the actual dimensions instead of waffling around with  bunches of fabric. From that perspective, Chopin is not so useful. 

About UA - when I was growing up, UA was what the hockey players wore under their pads and jerseys. I'm used to thinking of it as a purveyor of turtlenecks and longjohns, not a fashion brand. And I can't escape that old mental association - every time I see Yuzu in it,  hockey pops into my brain even now. 

3 минуты назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

About UA - when I was growing up, UA was what the hockey players wore under their pads and jerseys. I'm used to thinking of it as a purveyor of turtlenecks and longjohns, not a fashion brand. And I can't escape that old mental association - every time I see Yuzu in it,  hockey pops into my brain even now. 

I use such clothes mostly for sports like alpine skiing, but it's actually can be very useful if you go for a long walk in winter, especially when it can be hot in transport and cold outside.

11 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I use such clothes mostly for sports like alpine skiing, but it's actually can be very useful if you go for a long walk in winter, especially when it can be hot in transport and cold outside.

I prefer LIFA and Helly Hansen for that. LIFA is especially good for Nordic skiers like myself, because you can get it in various weights for different temperatures/activity levels.  Neither brand is cheap, though. A set of LIFA (long-sleeve top and longjohn bottoms) is $100 or more.