General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Ririka said:

holy shit 18,504,808 USD

Such an amazing young boy. It seems to me as he is using only as much as he really needs for himself and his family and the rest use as a donation. A lot of people should take him as an example. I really like his skating and I admire him for being such an good example for others (his interwiews, social behaviour, perseverance, determination,...).

10 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

I felt a bit sinful for staring that closely haha.

Guilty as charged, your honour. I also measured the ratio of the width of the mannequin's hips to the width of the shoulders, because the shoulders looked so wide - perfect 2:3 ratio. But as far as I can tell from photos of the real thing, Yuzu's hips are more like 4:5 of his shoulder width. (smallest ratio I can find, is 3:4, from the ACI 18 podium photos). 

Likewise, they have his waist to shoulder ratio as 1:2 on the mannequin but The Waist is actually more like 3:5 of his shoulders, from photos. 

I can't believe I've descended to this level of obsessive attention to detail ... my misspent life! :LOL:

Also, it's annoyingly difficult to find photos of him in that static position where he's just standing with his arms by his side.

11 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

The mannequin was made according to Yuzu's proportions... THE WAIST :DancingAlien:... but I feel like the :peach: wasn't done justice. Are my eyes deceiving me? 

Google translated:

"The costume display ❣️ was impressive at the Yuzuru Hanyu exhibition
 A torso made to order according to Hanyu's special figure
 The secret story about making a torso is... very interesting, and the memories that I was excited about in the photo 💓 😍

#Yomiuri-san Yuzuru Hanyu Exhibition 2020 Thank you"

Where does he come from?

We have long wondered if he was an alien.

But didn't he come from the past?

main-image

53.222_SL1.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ancient-Greek-Bronze-Museum-Statue-Replica-of-Asclepius-God-Of-Medicine-1105-/142277673941

The Final Time Traveler...

On 6/24/2020 at 11:44 AM, FlyingCamel said:

How about this one?

It never showed up in my Googling :fire:

When I look at that one, I get;

Shoulders to hip: 4.2(hip): 5(shoulders)

Shoulders to waist: 3(waist): 5(shoulders)

Waist to hip: 3(waist):4.2(hip)

Edited to add:

Got really curious, and I had some time. Consequently, I present to you:

Yuzu vs Vitruvian Man (w. apologies to Da Vinci):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uEKm7iN9g7vw71Zkk8SR6pUriHmdHGEq/view?usp=sharing

Sorry it's Google Docs instead of Drive. For reasons best known to itself, my Drive won't upload anything today. So, please don't edit the document! Just look. Will replace with a proper Drive version later. Updated with Drive version

3 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Where does he come from?

We have long wondered if he was an alien.

But didn't he come from the past?

main-image

53.222_SL1.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ancient-Greek-Bronze-Museum-Statue-Replica-of-Asclepius-God-Of-Medicine-1105-/142277673941

The Final Time Traveler...

There are those who believe that the “Gods” of ancient civilizations were actually aliens. (The book, “Chariots of the Gods”, the TV Series, “Ancient Aliens”, etc.)

4 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

There are those who believe that the “Gods” of ancient civilizations were actually aliens. (The book, “Chariots of the Gods”, the TV Series, “Ancient Aliens”, etc.)

Asclepios was a Greek deity, of supposed pre-Greek origin.

But the two Egyptian statues are from contemporary officials, one from the 5th Dynasty if I remember correctly, and the other from the 18th dynasty or before. They were no deities.

Well, as to the face, this man from the State of Yue (fifth and fourth centuries BC), in spite of his moustache, looks a bit like him, don't you think? Some scholars believe the Yue people were ancestors of the Yayoi, one of the two founding people of most Japan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baiyue#/media/File:Yue_statue.jpg