General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

Yuzu'll Be Back II spoiler pictures from Tumblr. they are beautiful :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I kind of love that one photo of Yuzu in his Under Armour in front of the Canadian Tire sign at SCI. The slogan he's standing in front of reads "We all play for Canada". :LOL:

3 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

Yuzu'll Be Back II spoiler pictures from Tumblr. they are beautiful :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Ugh I have been restraining myself from buying these photo books but I don’t know If I can stop myself any more!!

Is Amazon.jp still shipping to Canada it is it gonna take a long time to arrive?  Or should I wait till I have a chance to go to Japan again (obviously not sure when that can happen given the COVID situation).  The books are heavy tho so maybe better to have them shipped?

21 minutes ago, holina said:

Ugh I have been restraining myself from buying these photo books but I don’t know If I can stop myself any more!!

Is Amazon.jp still shipping to Canada it is it gonna take a long time to arrive?  Or should I wait till I have a chance to go to Japan again (obviously not sure when that can happen given the COVID situation).  The books are heavy tho so maybe better to have them shipped?

Amazon Japan delivers to Canada and, if the book is already available, shipping is fast.

And remember that the price that you will be charged for the book will be slightly less than the amount shown for the product because the price that is shown is for Japanese customers and already includes tax. For non-Japanese customers, the tax amount will be deducted from the advertised price.

Of course, you will be charged for shipping and import fees, but you will see what the total amount will be before you make your final decision.

I personally think that ordering online makes more sense than waiting to go to Japan or even asking a friend in Japan to purchase it for you. I’ve done all three and ordering online is the simplest, most expedient and least expensive.

Agree with @Geo1 that having them shipped directly to you might be the cheapest and most efficient option. Tax is 10% in Japan, so that would be deducted from your price and shipping by a friend in Japan is expensive if you use FedEx or even DHL, since Japan post may not be accepting packages to be sent to the US. I tried to ship my daughter in the US a package and the post office said they weren't accepting packages until further notice; there are very few planes flying to the US from Japan now and some packages had been stuck at the origin post office in Japan for a long time. Maybe, you can all have them shipped by Amazon as one package. I did manage to get all 3 photobooks and I liked the Yuzu'll be Back 2 and the third photobook (such nice photos that I wished it had a hard cover like an art book) by Yaguchi-san the best. I splurged because I knew it would be unlikely to attend any comps this year and thought I'd make the best of being "stuck" in Japan for a while. Just joking though, really enjoy living in Japan and fortunately my prefecture has had no new cases of the virus for a long time.

2 hours ago, holina said:

Yuzu'll be back II and the Hochi's photobook are a bit different from normal books. I think it will be difficult to find them in book stores when you visit Japan later. Yuzu'll be back (the one released last year) is now sold at a premium price at Amazon JP. It's probably the cheapest and easiest to order them online while you can buy them at the original price. 

29 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Yuzu'll be back II and the Hochi's photobook are a bit different from normal books. I think it will be difficult to find them in book stores when you visit Japan later. Yuzu'll be back (the one released last year) is now sold at a premium price at Amazon JP. It's probably the cheapest and easiest to order them online while you can buy them at the original price. 

1 hour ago, Ladysci said:

Agree with @Geo1 that having them shipped directly to you might be the cheapest and most efficient option. Tax is 10% in Japan, so that would be deducted from your price and shipping by a friend in Japan is expensive if you use FedEx or even DHL, since Japan post may not be accepting packages to be sent to the US. I tried to ship my daughter in the US a package and the post office said they weren't accepting packages until further notice; there are very few planes flying to the US from Japan now and some packages had been stuck at the origin post office in Japan for a long time. Maybe, you can all have them shipped by Amazon as one package. I did manage to get all 3 photobooks and I liked the Yuzu'll be Back 2 and the third photobook (such nice photos that I wished it had a hard cover like an art book) by Yaguchi-san the best. I splurged because I knew it would be unlikely to attend any comps this year and thought I'd make the best of being "stuck" in Japan for a while. Just joking though, really enjoy living in Japan and fortunately my prefecture has had no new cases of the virus for a long time.

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

:heartsign::love::loveshower::smiley-love017::animated-smileys-love-erotic-045::heartpound:

I ordered this at the end of May and it just arrived, pretty much when expected.  It is heavy and the shipping was nearly as much as the photo book, but total cost less that $40 USD.  Beautiful photographs and plenty of text I can't read....

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I kind of love that one photo of Yuzu in his Under Armour in front of the Canadian Tire sign at SCI. The slogan he's standing in front of reads "We all play for Canada". :LOL:

that one and the one after it with a laughing (and rolling on the ice)Yuzu are my fave!

On 6/21/2020 at 11:20 PM, yuzuangel said:

I'm trying to collect one Yuzu-related event for every day of the year. I have a little over 100 (although some are repeat dates). I used a lot of sources including Wikipedia and compilations made by @kaeryth @sweetwater @dasani so thank you <3 Does anyone have any other Yuzu-related events (doesn't have to be a record or anything, small things like "He skated to X for the first time" or even "He showed up to X competition" would be perfect)? I wonder if we could get one for all 365 days!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZTrqkyI-4LxhfGbchOh_3Mz8WX87wBktJLzf62iTABo/edit#gid=0

Wow, it's amazing how much work you put into it, unbelievable.:eek::loveeyes:

:thanks:Thanks for this wonderful spreadsheet, hope we can get it to 365 days:cheer:

I visited Japan last summer and finding Ice Jewels photo book was relatively easy when I was in Sendai, there was only one store I could find Yuzu’ll Be Back photo book (also in Sendai). 

In general the ability to find magazines or photo books in stores in Japan probably depend on when they are released and how long ago they were released. 

For anyone that is hoping to get the books while in Japan, I also ordered through Amazon Japan to my hotel room ahead of time and just took magazine and books home in my luggage, but I’d recommend talking to your hotel first to give them a heads up and to confirm it’s okay. 

The mannequin was made according to Yuzu's proportions... THE WAIST :DancingAlien:... but I feel like the :peach: wasn't done justice. Are my eyes deceiving me? 

Google translated:

"The costume display ❣️ was impressive at the Yuzuru Hanyu exhibition
 A torso made to order according to Hanyu's special figure
 The secret story about making a torso is... very interesting, and the memories that I was excited about in the photo 💓 😍

#Yomiuri-san Yuzuru Hanyu Exhibition 2020 Thank you"

4 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

The mannequin was made according to Yuzu's proportions... THE WAIST :DancingAlien:... but I feel like the :peach: wasn't done justice. Are my eyes deceiving me? 

Google translated:

"The costume display ❣️ was impressive at the Yuzuru Hanyu exhibition
 A torso made to order according to Hanyu's special figure
 The secret story about making a torso is... very interesting, and the memories that I was excited about in the photo 💓 😍

#Yomiuri-san Yuzuru Hanyu Exhibition 2020 Thank you"

Yep, it's too flat :P