General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

ETA: By the way, when I find something to add to the what-happened-this-day list, how should I let you know? Should I just post in this thread or DM you or edit the list?

Yeah, you can either just post it here or add it to the list! Maybe make it a different color so I can find it easily? I have so much stuff for months like october and february because that's when most of the competitions happen, but so little stuff for dry months like May and July :sleep: Thanks for helping out :thankssign:

ETA: 

Here's our first automated tweet :) 

1 час назад, Sombreuil сказал:

Nooooooo - I’ve bought several lovely things from them :sad-smiley-046:

I used sou japan via ebay or their site, where the item was cheaper at the moment. Hope they're ok, though Japan Post has very limited shipping now,  that's why I used FedEx for cdjapan for the first time.

1 hour ago, Fay said:

I wonder how does one go about making a translation and publishing it? These books would have their market... 

The least you would need is Yuzu’s permission and a top-notch professional translator completely familiar with both Japanese and English.

You would also need a publisher.

Someone who would know the process is Courtney Milan a.k.a. Heidi Bond who is also a HUGE FANYU. I believe that she was at the 2019 ACI.

As you may recall, I posted about her some time back. She is a best-selling historical and contemporary romance novelist and former SCOTUS law clerk and law professor. She blew the whistle on sexual harassment in the US federal court system which resulted in the early retirement of a federal court judge.

6 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Ichiroya.com for instance, from Osaka, who used to retail old kimonos and bolts etc, and to send them abroad, ceased their trade last week. :disappointed:

They are still managing the current orders, but don't take new ones.

4 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Nooooooo - I’ve bought several lovely things from them :sad-smiley-046:

2 hours ago, Lunna said:

I used sou japan via ebay or their site, where the item was cheaper at the moment. Hope they're ok, though Japan Post has very limited shipping now,  that's why I used FedEx for cdjapan for the first time.

Omgosh I was totally thinking about them! COVID really sucked for them because Japan stopped sending packages overseas, especially to the US, for a long long time...and that was the nail in the coffin. I really loved Ichiroya -- they were super knowledgeable experts in vintage/antique Japanese textiles, clothing, and art... and very honest, hardworking, respectful people. I think other places have cheaper items but Ichiroya's is always the most well-described. It's definitely a huge loss :sad-smiley-046:

Hey, satellites! Look at this awesome thing that just showed up in my recommends on YouTube:

Don't know how I feel about Yuzu as a boxer, but I'm sure if he was one, he'd be the guy who kept on punching no matter what, until the other guy loses...:hachimaki:

29 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Hey, satellites! Look at this awesome thing that just showed up in my recommends on YouTube:

Don't know how I feel about Yuzu as a boxer, but I'm sure if he was one, he'd be the guy who kept on punching no matter what, until the other guy loses...:hachimaki:

I think it was Tsuzuki-sensei who related the story about two or three bigger boys trying to bully Yuzu, but Yuzu never backed down.

5 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

how to buy?

4 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

No idea, I was assuming they'll post the link at a later date, or does anyone here have a link?

They haven't yet announced when they start taking orders and where. Since the online exhibition begins from July 1, they'll probably reveal further details around that time?

6 часов назад, yuzuangel сказал:

how to buy?

Japanese friends or proxy? Shipping is the main problem now, Japan post doesn't work for me, but some shops can still use FedEx or DHL, so better check ahead. I doubt they will have international shipping, especially now.