General Yuzuru Chat

3 часа назад, micaelis сказал:

There's truth here.  For Brian and Javi skating is a sport, a profession, something like that.  For Yuzu skating is a religion.  It's the one great reality for him and he builds his life around that.  It's that simple.

I meant more that Javi was in Canada alone, so we know stories that Brian asked if he ate breakfast, they might be more similar in skating styles, Javi trained 4Lo, but at competitions sticked to familiar jumps, also cultural aspects might be closer. Yuzu in Canada is to do a job, not to make friends, he has more like coach-athlet relationship, thanks for having a devoted mother with him, he insisted on increasing BV along the way even if Brian had other opinion. I think either way is OK as long as both sides are happy with it (to have more friendly relationship with coach or more like with a college, like you can have a friendly relationship with a college too, but doesn't mean you're that close).

9 hours ago, Lunna said:

I meant more that Javi was in Canada alone, so we know stories that Brian asked if he ate breakfast, they might be more similar in skating styles, Javi trained 4Lo, but at competitions sticked to familiar jumps, also cultural aspects might be closer. Yuzu in Canada is to do a job, not to make friends, he has more like coach-athlet relationship, thanks for having a devoted mother with him, he insisted on increasing BV along the way even if Brian had other opinion. I think either way is OK as long as both sides are happy with it (to have more friendly relationship with coach or more like with a college, like you can have a friendly relationship with a college too, but doesn't mean you're that close).

Also, from what Brian has said in interviews, Javi's skating is more like the embodiment of his (Brian's) and Tracy's philosophy of skating and they shaped Javi a lot, whereas with Yuzu, they take more a role of being facilitators, helping Yuzu get where he wants to go in skating, but Yuzu's the one in the driver's seat. TBH, I wonder if it could be any other way with Yuzu - can't exactly see him quietly accepting the directions of a controlling coach LOL. 

1 час назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

TBH, I wonder if it could be any other way with Yuzu - can't exactly see him quietly accepting the directions of a controlling coach LOL. 

I think even his first coaches said he was quite strong-headed, so nope, no way LOL

I'm trying to collect one Yuzu-related event for every day of the year. I have a little over 100 (although some are repeat dates). I used a lot of sources including Wikipedia and compilations made by @kaeryth @sweetwater @dasani so thank you <3 Does anyone have any other Yuzu-related events (doesn't have to be a record or anything, small things like "He skated to X for the first time" or even "He showed up to X competition" would be perfect)? I wonder if we could get one for all 365 days!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZTrqkyI-4LxhfGbchOh_3Mz8WX87wBktJLzf62iTABo/edit#gid=0

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Also, from what Brian has said in interviews, Javi's skating is more like the embodiment of his (Brian's0 and Tracy's philosophy of skating and they shaped Javi a lot, whereas with Yuzu, they take more a role of being facilitators, helping Yuzu get where he wants to go in skating, but Yuzu's the one in the driver's seat. TBH, I wonder if it could be any other way with Yuzu - can't exactly see him quietly accepting the directions of a controlling coach LOL. 

I think initially Yuzu accepted Brian's guidance, most particularly when he first came to TCC his major objective was to learn to do quads consistently.  Instead Brian, and even moreso Tracy, made Yuzu go back to basic skating skills, essentially helping him to have the foundation to then go and start dealing with jumps.  The 2013/14 season, the season of Yuzu's first GPF gold, first Olympic gold and first World Championship, I am pretty sure that Yuzu began to indicate where he wanted to go, although he probably was not getting his way always.  All that changed after those two weeks in late 2015 when Yuzu simply rewrote the record books.  After that I'm pretty sure that the TCC staff existed in basically an advisory relationship with Yuzu.  It's very difficult for a coach to tell an athlete who is widely being regarded as the GOAT exactly what he must do.  Since then I'm pretty sure that Brian and the others can offer Yuzu advice but no commands.  The one thing that made the TCC staff willing to settle for that sort of relationship is the fact that all this took place behind the scenes.  Yuzu is not a prima donna.  There is no arrogance to be found in him except once in a while after a nearly perfect skate, when I sometimes detect an 'I told you so' moment.  I really think that Yuzu gets his way not so much by ordering others but simply by doing what he intends regardless of what others are saying and advising.

48 минут назад, micaelis сказал:

I think initially Yuzu accepted Brian's guidance, most particularly when he first came to TCC his major objective was to learn to do quads consistently.  Instead Brian, and even moreso Tracy, made Yuzu go back to basic skating skills, essentially helping him to have the foundation to then go and start dealing with jumps.

Of course there was this, but at the same time there was 4S_planned_fall from first year in TCC which I'm not sure if was Brian's idea :rolleyes: And sure with more experience Yuzu became more independent to the point Brian said smth like "I am not sure I'm his coach" (meaning Yuzu knows himself well already), not like it all came in one day and I am sure now Yuzu also listen to coach advises, but still making his own choices and taking responsibilities with it. 

11 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Brian didn't comment anything on that instagram post, it is a misunderstanding from that person who tweeted it.

When the time comes and Yuzu wants to he will let everyone know he's back at training at TCC. Until then I think it is better to be patient (even if it is not that easy sometimes). 

We don't really have much choice but to compose our souls in patience... being a Yuzu fan is good exercise in this. :hihi: