General Yuzuru Chat

15 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

What was wrong about those changes? I do believe the base values for 4Lz, 4F, and 4Lo are not accurate.

I agree - I thought the proposed changes were fair (at last recognizing the difficulty of Loop and bringing Lutz and Flip into line with Loop - even though it seems to be generally acknowledged now that it's probably the most difficult quad besides 4A ) and would maybe make the scoring more equal/fair between the top men.....(PCS though... :yznotimpressed:)

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

What was wrong about those changes? I do believe the base values for 4Lz, 4F, and 4Lo are not accurate.

:facepalm::tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

....I misunderstood — I thought this includes the quarter mark marking in the protocol as well....

Edit: on a second (...third?) thought...

Spoiler

I am jumping waaaaay late into the BV change proposal discussion ha HA hA hhAHa Ha hhaAaAAA but while raising the 4Lo BV is a step in the right direction, not adjusting 4Lz and 4F properly doesn't make the 4Lo BV raise a significant change at all :knc_brian3: (...if it were up to me, 4Lo>4Lz>4F, or a compromise 4Lz>4Lo>4F), because (a proper) 4Lo is not just as difficult as (a proper) 4Lz, it is more difficult than it (only 4A is harder!!)).

Also those q marks in the protocol? Wack, just utter wack. ..and to me the most suspicious part of the proposal.   We know the track record of most ISU judges, no? Why would we trust them to implement the new rules correctly the next time around, especially when they are reluctant to include IceScope as a part of the standard judging procedure??

8 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Can you imagine a Yuzuru X Under Armour ad though? I saw a few UA ads featuring ballet dancer Misty Copeland and they look amazing! Imagine how epic would Yuzu’s ad look if he got something like this?

That would be so perfect! Even the slogan - "I will what I want".  Is that not the very essence of Yuzu?

I don't know what is the biggest clownery in this whole story:

1. The fact that Nathan beat Yuzu with +40 points in Torino.

2. The fact that JSF watched this travesty in silence without doing anything.

3. The fact that of all people it must be G***haguet who speaks up for Yuzu and questions JSF's sanity.

19 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

3. The fact that of all people it must be G***haguet who speaks up for Yuzu and questions JSF's sanity.

Looks like the source is this book, though I haven't bought or read it.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4575315311

2 часа назад, Ririka сказал:

Super curious: Of all the yuzu photo books and magazines that you have, which Is your top 3 favs?

(not sure if it belongs here)

I have too many to choose :rolleyes:

If you don't want to buy a lot I think Ice Jewels season photobooks are the best way to go. From magazines Kiss and Cry usually has very nice photos and sometimes have posters, DX are good, especially if you want photos from a certain event, In Rock are good cuz of big pages but photo quality sometimes varies (a couple of times some photos were a little blurred for such big pages), Memorial has a lot of photos, but page size is a little smaller than other  magazines.

1 hour ago, Fay said:

"According to Ito, the weights of the costumes she creates for men (usually around 850 grams) are more than double that of the women (normally around 350 grams)."

Of course there's the weight of pants, plus the difference in size, but this does not make all the difference. This must be why I find her Men costumes "fall better" than her Ladies ones (which are still gorgeous). And with this number (850g) how can poorly inspired male skaters costumes (the like, chino pants and off-the-shelf shirt or T-shirt) have any justification?

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

All of the above.