General Yuzuru Chat

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of all the companies Yuzu has  endorsements and sponsorships with? There's Kose, Citizen, ANA, Ajinomoto, Ghana, that bedding company (I forget the name), Xylitol, Bathclin, P&G (but I think that's over), John Wilson Blades, EDEA Skates....am I missing any? 

And of course the continued failure of Under Armour to capitalize on his fondness for their gear. I hop they at least send him a free shirt or something, in appreciation for all he's done for them without even meaning to. 

8 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of all the companies Yuzu has  endorsements and sponsorships with? There's Kose, Citizen, ANA, Ajinomoto, Ghana, that bedding company (I forget the name), Xylitol, Bathclin, P&G (but I think that's over), John Wilson Blades, EDEA Skates....am I missing any? 

And of course the continued failure of Under Armour to capitalize on his fondness for their gear. I hop they at least send him a free shirt or something, in appreciation for all he's done for them without even meaning to. 

There's Phiten too? He got his precious toe socks

2 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

It seems the change of base values has been put on hold :confused:

Yep, they went back on their decisions since they deemed them ill-advised and ill-timed. No changes before the next Olympics. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Can you imagine a Yuzuru X Under Armour ad though? I saw a few UA ads featuring ballet dancer Misty Copeland and they look amazing! Imagine how epic would Yuzu’s ad look if he got something like this?

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

The bedding company is Nishikawa.

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

The list would probably be like this.

Company or institution Products or campains Style of endorsement Duration Note
ANA Hello, Blue, Hello, Future Appearing in commercials and promotional items 2013- ANA has been supporting Yuzuru as their affiliated athlete since 2013
Ajinomoto Amino Vital, Kachimeshi Appearing in promotional items 2013- Ajinomoto has been supporting Yuzuru through their "Victory project" providing meals at competitions and offering nutritional guidance since 2013
P&G Thank you, Mom, etc. Appearing in commercials, promotional items and special events 2013-2019 P&G has been JOC's official sponsor and started supporting Yuzuru in 2013 as he was likely to compete at Sochi2014. They started sponsoring Fantasy on Ice as well and still are one of their sponsors.
Lotte Ghana, Xilitol Appearing in commercials and promotional items 2014- Lotte has been supporting JSF for a long time
Phiten Rakuwa, socks Appearing in ads, involving in product development 2014- Phiten has been supporting Yuzuru through providing their products
Bandai Namco Monster Hunter 4G Appearing in commercials and involving in creating a promotional item 2014  
Docomo Cell phones Appearing in commercials 2014  
Japanese Red Cross Society Hatachi no Kenketsu (blood donation campaign) Appearing in commercials and ads 2014-2017  
Bathclin Kikiyu and other bath additive Appearing in commercials and promotional items, involving in product development 2015-  
Tokyo Nishikawa Bedding, towels Appearing in commercials and promotional items 2015- Nishikawa has been supporting Yuzuru through providing personalized items and advice on sleep since 2015
Tour de Tohoku Promotion of Tour de Tohoku (road bicycle racing competition) Appearing in ads and commemorative items, putting an item up for charity auction for raising fund for the event 2015-  
Kose Sekkisei Appearing in commercials, promotional items and special events 2019-  
Citizen China Watches Appearing in ads, involving in product development 2019-  
John Wilson Blades Blades Appearing in ads ?  
Edea Skating shoes Appearing in ads ?  

As a purist I would love it if judges could see the technicalities of jumps properly - correct edges, fully rotated landings etc, and also the bullet points for which to award extra marks- which I can’t at the moment remember, but they’re out there somewhere, and then, award the correct points for the jump, irrespective of flag, reputation, what they saw in practice,etc etc.  And of course the opposite for wrong edges etc....

But they don’t. 

So you might as well lump those three jumps together base points wise because the judges can’t tell the difference between a stiff scratchy low 4ltz, and that beast of Boyang Jin’s that tries to propel him out of the rink on a regular basis.

Someone - @rockstaryuzu? - said if they spent the time and money on tech to assist the judges to see all that stuff in my first paragraph they wouldn’t need to fiddle with the rule book at all a sentiment with which I wholeheartedly agree but can’t see happening in the near future.

47 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

What was wrong about those changes? I do believe the base values for 4Lz, 4F, and 4Lo are not accurate.

Yes, making the base values of these three jumps the same would have made Yuzu more competitive with his quad loop.