General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, rockstaryuzu said:

I am so looking forward to this as I've never seen it. Hoping for some decent camera angles. I find ice show cameras always focus on the face when you want them to focus on the feet and vice versa. 

[cries in Nyangata tapes]

43 минуты назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Honestly, airplanes are quiet spaces where all you have to do for several hours is sit and accept whatever the flight attendants bring you. No one can phone you, no one can interrupt you...it's golden time for any task requiring concentration, IMO. At least, it is if you're flying alone. 

Wow, you've been on a quite planes, usually there's smb noisy around, so I prefer smth with earplugs.

41 минуту назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

I am so looking forward to this as I've never seen it. Hoping for some decent camera angles. I find ice show cameras always focus on the face when you want them to focus on the feet and vice versa. 

Good time to catch up! I always wonder why Japanese TV always find a way to screw up camerawork, as they have a lot of ice shows and there're not shown live.

51 minutes ago, Fay said:

Looks like Yuzu's message of gratitude and support toward healthcare professionals shared on JOC's twitter is on the latest edition of Kango. (means "nursing," probably a trade magazine for nurses)

44 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Omg I've been off this forum daily for such a long time. I miss skate-talking with you all but on the other hand, we're still three months away the first skate competitions, so... I miss skating! I miss following Yuzuru's competitions and everyone else's!! 

Welcome back, Murieleirum!:8122685: Glad to hear from you after these months!

This drought is nothing like the droughts we've had. I wonder how it would feel to watch a skating competition next time...

5 hours ago, river said:

It wasn't as exciting as you'd think, to be honest. The novelty wore off after a few minutes. When he's off the ice and not trying to be the center of attention, he's human like anyone else.

This is the loveliest thing ever...sometimes looking at him skating it seems we tend to forget he's a human being!

I read a lot on planes or sleep I worked too a couple of times ,as long as I have my earphones i'm fine!

16 hours ago, Songster01 said:

Confirmation that the border between US and Canada will remain shut for another month: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/border-covid-extension-july-1.5613854  Note: obviously the US Is of most concern to Canadians because of the long border we share; however, as of last week when I checked, we aren't open to any country for non-essential travel.  I suspected it might take an exemption for a skater like Yuzu to be able to return, probably using a special study-type visa for athletes training (but not working) here.  International students, for example, will apparently be allowed in with certain restrictions, but I'm not sure how many would come, given that a fair number of classes will be online and the potential difficulties if Canada or their home had to go back on lockdown while they were here.  Certainly there's been talk over post-secondary institutions losing lots of money in the coming school year over the steep reduction of such students.  Regardless, since no foreign skaters who left for their homes afaik have returned yet to TCC, it makes me wonder if there has been no permission given to allow them to enter Canada.  Apparently a few NHL players got in to train under their work visas, but it's unclear whether one of the proposed NHL hub cities will be in Canada or not (obviously they''ve been pushing for one up here). 

Although it was mentioned in a similar news article that some border communities and tourism-related businesses are pushing for re-opening, I've seen almost no disagreement with this decision over the months.  It would be rank foolishness for us to open ourselves to foreign tourists (which would be mostly American) any time soon and to let our own people travel abroad and bring back COVID-19 as they did before.  It could easily undo all our hard work.  While I've no personal objection to a few elite athletes like Yuzu entering Canada as long as they quarantine like everyone else and follow other public health rules and guidelines, I don't know how many people are trying to enter using visas and whether that has strained the system (obviously I'm talking about more than just figure skaters here -- I mean basically any who use study-type visas) to the point where they just aren't processing many.

In short, if they are handing out exemptions, I will be happy to see Yuzu and others skate here again if they choose to come, but only if they feel it's safe and as I said before follow public health rules to the T (not that I worry about Yuzu and his Mom!).  COVID-19 although gradually declining in Ontario, is not gone and we have a long summer and fall ahead when many people are becoming more active.  We've already seen growth in younger Ontarians testing positive recently.  In fact Toronto and a couple other regions won't be moving into Stage 2 this Friday as planned.  With all that I can't blame any athlete who prefers to stay home, despite the challenges in long-distance coaching. 

I guess we'll be keeping an eye and out for signs of anyone returning to the roost or for new interviews with TCC coaches...

I, for one, am really sad but totally understand that the US border is still closed.  It means I can't visit friends in Canada and get out of the super hot desert.  (And it also reflects on how completely out of hand and insane things are in the states with virtually zero federal response or actual guidelines.)

I'm not sure how anyone who requires a visa will be able to go to Canada anytime soon.  All Canadian visa offices are closed, at least in No America.  I have a young friend who is dual US/Canadian citizen and she has been trying since late February to get a visa through the Canadian gov't so she can go live and work in Scotland.  The visa offices are closed "indefinitely".  Maybe it's a different visa office that athletes apply through.  I don't know.

I don't know if this belongs to this thread, but the album was discussed here, I think?

This is a presentation of the new photo album by Toru Yaguchi, and it shows a few photos from the album. I really don't think there is any copyright infringement because it looks like an advertising, but in case there would be, of course please delete.