General Yuzuru Chat

I, for one, truly hope that where Yuzuru's father teaches/works is not every publicly revealed.  It's no one's business, and would just infringe on his privacy and the privacy of everyone at his school.  I've heard about the Sendai "rule" regarding silence on matters relating to the Hanyus, and agree with it completely.

10 минут назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Basically, it's after-school tutoring on a large scale, but rather than only being for students who are having trouble with a subject, everyone does it. 

I think I did smth similar in my last school years to enter a good university cuz school education was not enough even if I had good marks, but it was more to deeper study certain subjects.

24 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

https://www.tofugu.com/japan/japanese-cram-school/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cram_school

Basically, it's after-school tutoring on a large scale, but rather than only being for students who are having trouble with a subject, everyone does it. 

I can see doing this for something like the GRE or big entrance exams, but I learned (the second try at University) that if I showed up for class, did my assignments and read what I was supposed to, all I really needed to do before an exam was to review my notes - because I'd already actually learned the material.  A high protein breakfast beforehand helped, though.

3 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

I guess if Yuzuru is human, he is a very very disciplined one, with amazing time management skills and never procrastinates, giving him the ability to do so well in school and on the ice! Sometimes I don’t know if I should admire him, or be jealous of him... 0:)

i wonder...

9v0N6Uw.png

I just stumbled across this clip on YouTube.

I've seen Yuzu hanging his Olympic medals around other people's neck, who are special and precious to him. But I think, it's the first time that I've seen it with Shuzo-san. He looked so touched and emotionally hit. It just made me tear up, too.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I've never heard of Alain Robbe-Grillet but the other two are things just about anyone can do, aren't they? They're simple. 

If (unlike Robbe-Grillet) you are also beautiful and super-clever, you may be a mutant yourself? :animated-smileys-character-075:

About train timetable though, it was the SNCF ones, as shown on the picture. They had a "high reputation".

An example of these times :

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/46982935725_71b6d02062_b.jpg

(a simplified version, I couldn't find "the real thing")

As to cram schools in Japan, it is the juku system, most pupils start it at primary school, and virtually all of them do it all along junior high and high schools, and sometimes one more year if they failed the entrance exams and sit in again.

It is considered so indispensable, that lately the government decided to fund juku for the poorer children, because they had no hope of any regular jobs if they didn't attend one, let alone entering a national (= elite) or public (they look like colleges) university.

Of course he couldn't attend any, and had much less time to study than his fellows, and was probably exhausted. Yet got the best marks and even passed the entrance exam of one of the two most selective private universities.

That's why I feign to pretend he's a mutant.

There was also that theory of clones. Maybe there was one Yuzu on ice and one Ru working only for school. But it couldn't have worked. He was both too active and too much in need of learning.

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

i wonder...

9v0N6Uw.png

He’s such a confusing guy:

*gets all As but believes in submitting incomplete homework*

Yuzu: ’I want to skate for myself’

also Yuzu: ‘losing is like death’; its-gold-or-nothing mentality 

like come on, do you know how much you’re misleading all of us 🥺

3 minutes ago, Ririka said:

also Yuzu: ‘losing isn’t like death’; its-gold-or-nothing mentality 

He really is, even the commentator at GPF2019 (can’t remember his name) described Yuzuru as “enigmatic”. Which I 100% agree with! He’s confusing and it’s hard to predict his next move or what he is thinking, and he’s also so mysterious :love:

20 minutes ago, Ririka said:

also Yuzu: ‘losing is like death’; its-gold-or-nothing mentality 

In that interview he said that often his sister+mom were pestering him to do his homework because he didn't want to lol

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I just stumbled across this clip on YouTube.

I've seen Yuzu hanging his Olympic medals around other people's neck, who are special and precious to him. But I think, it's the first time that I've seen it with Shuzo-san. He looked so touched and emotionally hit. It just made me tear up, too.

don't know where I read it(or if I watched this with subtitles)but is it here that Yuzu points out that sock was a clean one?LOL

Shuzo-san is a lovely human being really!

21 minutes ago, Veveco said:

:peekapooh:king of social media without an official presence

do you ever just wonder what might happen to the internet if yuzu one day just decides to have a tw/ig account

Just now, Ririka said:

do you ever just wonder what might happen to the internet if yuzu one day just decides to have a tw/ig account

i was thinking he might actually have one for promoting his ice shows or anything else if he retires

Just now, Ririka said:

I'd love it if he had an insta with comments turned off, just to see where he keeps his medals. It's an impressive collection, looking at them all together would be:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg: