General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, Seorose said:

Google translation  of an article

source

I have a question, maybe Japanese satellites would know?

I have read many times, that it was nearly impossible for a Japanese pupil in Junior and Senior high school, to have good marks or pass university entry tests, without attending a cram school; yet Yuzuru Hanyu always had good marks in his public school, without attending cramming school, without even having time to study as much as others after class hours, as he had so many skating hours. Is it not a big achievement in itself, or even, something extraordinary?

32 分, SitTwizzleさんが言いました:

Is it not a big achievement in itself, or even, something extraordinary?

That's right. He got straight A+ ( level 5 in Japan) in every subject through whole school years. It's almost impossible. Instead of using sports referral, He took normal exam to enter the university.  He's bright and hardworking.

source

2 hours ago, Seorose said:

That's right. He got straight A+ ( level 5 in Japan) in every subject through whole school years. It's almost impossible. Instead of using sports referral, He took normal exam to enter the university.  He's bright and hardworking.

source

That’s absolutely insane 😱 He’s definitely not human haha

On 6/15/2020 at 11:04 AM, Kazu said:

Those are the press conferences held in Japan for the foreign media after the Olympic. May not be what you were looking for though....

Thank you. Yes, not what I was looking for but great to watch again, thanks:smiley-love017:

37 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

That’s absolutely insane 😱 He’s definitely not human haha

Might he be a mutant?

Gotlib proposed half a century ago, two elements and three tests to detect a mutant.

Well, first, he's beautiful and superhumanly clever. This is OK.

1) A mutant can understand a movie of Alain Robbe-Grillet. (No risk Yuzuru Hanyu have ever seen one, fortunately.)

2) He can decipher easily a railway timetable. But there are no more of those timetables.

3) Or fold a road map at the first try. Same. (But I am old enough to know I am not a mutant.)

Rubriqueabrac_1622_plan.jpg

How could we ascertain? :jester:

(Image found on bedetheque.com)

7 hours ago, sweetwater said:

As you can see from the video shared by Icewings, this visit didn't happen because his father was there. The footage was filmed for 24h TV and that year, they chose to visit Ishinomaki since it was in one of the areas close to the ocean and severely damaged. The school was one of the spots they visited, and it was connected to him with the support messages for him from its students.

In the video which documents Yuzu's visit to the school it is shown that he was tempted to cancel the visit because he didn't want to awaken bad memories in the students.  And there were plenty of bad memories to be awakened.  Ishinomaki was one of the worst hit towns from the tsunamis, with almost all of its residential area destroyed and well over three thousand (of a population somewhat over 100,000) deaths resulting.  Yuzu finally decided it was his duty to respond to the students who had sent the flag with its messages of support to him.  He was as surprised as the students (for different reasons) when he entered the gymnasium there and saw the screaming adulation his entrance elicited.  I think that was possibly the point where he realized that just his presence could help those less fortunate than himself to have a positive attitude as they attempted to put their lives back together again.  I have a suspicion that that event, which took place in the months after the 2013/14  season had ended, helped Yuzu realize that he could use the achievements that had made him at that time Japan's most prominent athlete to good effect in outreaching to those who had suffered far more than he had and attempting to raise their spirits.  Quintessential Yuzu!

4 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

This I wouldn't have imagined. So, he took the entrance exam just after his Silver at 4CC 2013?

Thank you very much for your answer.

He had an oral examination in Sochi via Skype. Seriously how does he pretend to convince us he's human??

2 hours ago, Veveco said:

Isn't 2017... the year of catpocalypse? :kitty: I wasn't a fan yet so I'm genuinely curious about it :laughing:

It is indeed >8) The year of Mewzuru

If one of the conditions to be a mutant is to understand a novel or a movie of Alain Robbe-Grillet, then maybe Alain Robbe-Grillet is a mutant himself! Surviving through the reading of Les Gommes should be the ultimate test! So sorry, this was a mean joke, nothing against le nouveau roman!

12 часов назад, yuzuangel сказал:

indeed, i once took the shinkansen to Sendai from tokyo and went to skate at IRS because of Yuzu :dancingpooh:

Not only you :rolleyes: but I only took a visitor ticket to see the rink (VERY cold) and looked the gallery corner (which is free). Needed time for other places too for the day.

6 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

I have a question, maybe Japanese satellites would know?

I have read many times, that it was nearly impossible for a Japanese pupil in Junior and Senior high school, to have good marks or pass university entry tests, without attending a cram school; yet Yuzuru Hanyu always had good marks in his public school, without attending cramming school, without even having time to study as much as others after class hours, as he had so many skating hours. Is it not a big achievement in itself, or even, something extraordinary?

I am not a Japanese satellite - but I do know that Yuzu is a very diligent student.  And acquiring a good education is very important to him and to his family.  Maybe lots of students have to cram (I didn't  know there were schools for that) but think of Yuzu's full life.  He practices.  A lot.  He spends an enormous amount of time on his programs and his physical conditioning.  And he goes home.  He doesn't have a social life as what most other students do.  He doesn't go out.  He doesn't party.  He studies.  He does his work.  And he is bright.   Yuzu knows how to focus and genuinely applies himself to his studies.  I think his grades are exemplary but not inhuman - just reflective of a very bright young man, taking his education seriously, who pushes himself to achieve.

What is a "cram school"?

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

1) A mutant can understand a movie of Alain Robbe-Grillet. (No risk Yuzuru Hanyu have ever seen one, fortunately.)

2) He can decipher easily a railway timetable. But there are no more of those timetables.

3) Or fold a road map at the first try. Same. (But I am old enough to know I am not a mutant.)

I've never heard of Alain Robbe-Grillet but the other two are things just about anyone can do, aren't they? They're simple.