General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Thank you for sharing!:thanks: At first, I was amused by the idea of doing this because she feels good when hearing someone saying good things about Yuzu (so relatable,) but it was truly educational and energizing (and touching at moments :8122879:) Hope her dancers will be able to get together and dance again soon...

This video was truly educational as well as heartwarming.  A million thanks to @cvdnce for continuing to share her unique perspectives and experience as a ballet instructor!   I look forward to more videos in the future - keep it coming! 

43 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

And, I cannot precisely remember, but didn't Yuzuru visit the junior high school where his father was working some time ago?  I think it was aired.  Sorry, not sure.

Oh yes. He did, in 2014. Students there wrote messages of support for Yuzu before Sochi, and Yuzu paid a surprise visit to say thanks.

3 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Oh yes. He did, in 2014. Students there wrote messages of support for Yuzu before Sochi, and Yuzu paid a surprise visit to say thanks.

I didn't realize that was his dad's school. he must have been so nervous!

16 минут назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Oh no! I'm firmly in the mustard and pickles camp and I can't stand cheese on a burger!

I like pickles, mustard, cheese and red pepper :biggrin: Not a fan of garlic though. Kyoto pickles are quite famous, I think, and tasty!

Just now, Lunna said:

I like pickles, mustard, cheese and red pepper :biggrin: Not a fan of garlic though. Kyoto pickles are quite famous, I think, and tasty!

I've never had one :party0021:. Something to put on my 'when i visit Japan' list. 

7 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Oh no! I'm firmly in the mustard and pickles camp and I can't stand cheese on a burger! Does this mean we can't be friends anymore :snbleh::lol:

I love mustard and pickles but only unsweetened. I really hate sweetened pickles, while I love French cornichons (gherkins), Italian capers, garlic, Derby eggs, and the likes, just vegetables, vinegar, salt and herbs. And Dijon mustard.

Though during a visit in Norwich (England) a few years ago, I had at the market a slow-cooked brisket sandwich with, of course, Norwich (not too) sweet mustard, and I still have sweet memories of this sandwich. But it was not exactly a burger, the "bun" was more traditional and the meat too (one of those delicacies English cuisine "haters" don't even know). More like pan-bagnat.

2 минуты назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

I've never had one :party0021:. Something to put on my 'when i visit Japan' list. 

There's that famous shopping street up to Kiyomizu dera, apart from different souvenirs they also sell pickles and yatsuhashi, which you can try for free in different shops, so you can be full before you reach the temple :biggrin:

29 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

I love mustard and pickles but only unsweetened. I really hate sweetened pickles, while I love French cornichons (gherkins), Italian capers, garlic, Derby eggs, and the likes, just vegetables, vinegar, salt and herbs. And Dijon mustard.

Though during a visit in Norwich (England) a few years ago, I had at the market a slow-cooked brisket sandwich with, of course, Norwich (not too) sweet mustard, and I still have sweet memories of this sandwich. But it was not exactly a burger, the "bun" was more traditional and the meat too (one of those delicacies English cuisine "haters" don't even know). More like pan-bagnat.

You'd probably enjoy Montreal smoked meat sandwiches. It's usually just smoked meat and sharp mustard on rye, with a sour pickle spear. one of my favorite lunches. 

So where do you reckon Yuzu sits on mustard? My guess is  he likes honey mustard, but only in small amounts. 

13 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You'd probably enjoy Montreal smoked meat sandwiches. It's usually just smoked meat and sharp mustard on rye, with a sour pickle spear. one of my favorite lunches. 

So where do you reckon Yuzu sits on mustard? My guess is  he likes honey mustard, but only in small amounts. 

Did he ever speak of mustard? But you spoke of honey?

:POOH:

3 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Did he ever speak of mustard? But you spoke of honey?

:POOH:

I refer to this kind of thing:

https://www.worldwideholland.com/food/sauces-herbs/cold-sauces/marne/marne-honey-mustard-sauce-350-ml

And no, Yuzu has never mentioned mustard, nor even wasabi, that I know of. I am simply making conversation at this point. 

47 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I didn't realize that was his dad's school. he must have been so nervous!

Not that they mentioned his father directly in this program though. His father has never appeared in any TV program.

It is true that his family is close-mouthed and seems to be trying to keep a low profile. Yuzu also seems to be carefully avoiding mentioning his family more than necessary in these days. But it's not that people in Sendai have no idea where he lives. His neighbors wouldn't tell even if they know.  Even when he visits a shop or a hotel in/around Sendai and leaves proof such as an autograph, they wouldn't share it until later. It's Sendai rule.

14 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I refer to this kind of thing:

https://www.worldwideholland.com/food/sauces-herbs/cold-sauces/marne/marne-honey-mustard-sauce-350-ml

And no, Yuzu has never mentioned mustard, nor even wasabi, that I know of. I am simply making conversation at this point. 

I found the energy chart, 12% sugar, it must just be awful... to my palate at least. Be it honey or anything else.

8 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Not that they mentioned his father directly in this program though. His father has never appeared in any TV program.

It is true that his family is close-mouthed and seems to be trying to keep a low profile. Yuzu also seems to be carefully avoiding mentioning his family more than necessary in these days. But it's not that people in Sendai have no idea where he lives. His neighbors wouldn't tell even if they know.  Even when he visits a shop or a hotel in/around Sendai and leaves proof such as an autograph, they wouldn't share it until later. It's Sendai rule.

I read his sister had to leave her part-time job at Ice Rink Sendai because she was bothered by people.

But I don't think a visit to the rink, to see where he learned skating, where he was when the earthquake hit Sendai... should be wrong. A rink is a public place. The same with passing in front of his former junior high school, wandering in the park he used to walk in... It could become a problem, should crowds do the same, but as long as it is just the occasional fanyu...

And like @rockstaryuzu I am really glad his neighbours, and the shops and restaurants he visits, respect his privacy. So that he can still feel at home in his town.

7 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It's a very good rule and I admire them for it. It really shows how much his hometown cares for him. 

So true, it’s amazing how pretty much everyone in Sendai puts in effort for him and his family to keep their privacy. It would be a living nightmare for him if people started stalking him 😭 

He is Sendai’s treasure after all! 

4 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

But I don't think a visit to the rink, to see where he learned skating, where he was when the earthquake hit Sendai... should be wrong. A rink is a public place. The same with passing in front of his former junior high school, wandering in the park he used to walk in... It could become a problem, should crowds do the same, but as long as it is just the occasional fanyu...

IIRC they published a guide of his favourite places, so visiting them is actually encouraged by the city :dancingpooh: