General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, IULIANA said:

You are absolutely right! It was in combination, my memory played tricks to me. Thanks for the correction. Anyway, quite gutsy and clever for Alysa to go for that strategy. This shows the way some people try to explore all the options available. I almost was dissapointed that my fave 3A ladies (read Rika) did not think of it first.

Mao Asada did this in at least 2009/2010 season. Her performing 3A2T during the Vancouver Olympics SP is a record. Liu and her team are not that original.

On 6/6/2020 at 7:18 PM, SitTwizzle said:

But she was not in Junior.

I confess his hands fascinate me. They have quite a special shape, too, if you look at the print they have at the monument to figure skating in Sendai.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g298249-d15132536-Reviews-Figure_Skating_Monument-Sendai_Miyagi_Prefecture_Tohoku.html#photos;aggregationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=385898327

And, of course, the way they move, for instance in @sallycinnamon's signature .GIF.

If you consider that, visiting an unknown household in temporary accommodation after the Great Earthquake, he could, without any introduction, start stroking a cat the wrong way between the eyes, and the cat's reaction was to ask for more and even lay on his back to get strokes on the belly... I love cats but I always do proper introduction, and I can imagine if I had tried something like that with an unknown cat, I would have been scratched as soon as on reach of the cat's paw.

What hands! Alena Kostornaya wants to be a neurosurgeon, I tend to think he would be a great one if he wasn't giving the World the beauty of his skating.

He says that he works on their movements in his programs, but he has abilities to start with.

his fingers are very long

also that video of yuzu and the cat just made me squish inside, it was so cute :embSwan:

also his hand movements are everything. i feel like they control the mood of his programs 

1 hour ago, Fay said:

A weird request to everyone - does anyone happen to have a GPF 2014 Chopin SP 4T gif along with exit and the pivot it finishes with? 

Searched on twitter and found these:

*Excuse Minoru for shouting a little too loud since he is praising the 4T saying, "Well done!"