General Yuzuru Chat

Hace 9 horas, Henni147 said:

I love this sentence: "The judges "radiograph" each element in a scoring system that rewards the most complete athlete."

So this is what Spanish newspapers naively believe, what skating fans pray for every day and what just doesn't happen in reality. This is so sad.

Exactly my thoughts when I read the article. But my heart was happy and pleased while reading. They really had no trouble in stating “No one like him has explored the limits of figure skating and that is why he is the best in history”. Plus they called him a genius...nothing new to us but nice to read it! :67638860: :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw:

It's probably none of my business, but was it ever announced how much Yuzu received for the Citizen endorsement?  Given that the ESPN 100 estimated (probably conservatively) his endorsements this time last year as over 13 million US, it occurs to me that it would be pretty amazing by now...

22 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

New pictures from Citizen.

EZvURfqU8AEziHc?format=jpg&name=medium

EZvURfnUwAEBn8F?format=jpg&name=medium

EZvURgxUYAEkXDd?format=jpg&name=large

EZvURg4U0AI6wYw?format=jpg&name=large

i wonder how he can be hot even just writing something

maybe because the way he's presented here makes him seem so much more mature (not necessarily older, but the mature vibe is there lol)

i'm sorry please excuse my thirsty comments

2 hours ago, Ririka said:

if you observed him a lot, he always held others’ hands from the bottom. Apparently a person who always has a habit of putting his hands from below strongly wants to lead and take initiative. 
Oh yuzu... 🥺🥵

all of a sudden his hands seem much more interesting if they weren't already taking up half of my attention

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

No, she didn't do solo 3A in the SP because it's not allowed. Solo jumps are prescribed for juniors, this season it was 3Lo. So Alysa had to put the 3A in combination.

As for Yuzu it'd be way too risky to put 4A in the SP, it would only make sense in the FS.

You are absolutely right! It was in combination, my memory played tricks to me. Thanks for the correction. Anyway, quite gutsy and clever for Alysa to go for that strategy. This shows the way some people try to explore all the options available. I almost was dissapointed that my fave 3A ladies (read Rika) did not think of it first.

1 hour ago, IULIANA said:

You are absolutely right! It was in combination, my memory played tricks to me. Thanks for the correction. Anyway, quite gutsy and clever for Alysa to go for that strategy. This shows the way some people try to explore all the options available. I almost was dissapointed that my fave 3A ladies (read Rika) did not think of it first.

You don't remember how unstable she was in juniors? Going for a 3a combo in SP would be like asking for a disaster. Especially considering what a mess she was in novice.😅

1 hour ago, IULIANA said:

But she was not in Junior.

1 hour ago, yuzuru_hanyu_is_an_angel said:

all of a sudden his hands seem much more interesting if they weren't already taking up half of my attention

I confess his hands fascinate me. They have quite a special shape, too, if you look at the print they have at the monument to figure skating in Sendai.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g298249-d15132536-Reviews-Figure_Skating_Monument-Sendai_Miyagi_Prefecture_Tohoku.html#photos;aggregationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=385898327

And, of course, the way they move, for instance in @sallycinnamon's signature .GIF.

If you consider that, visiting an unknown household in temporary accommodation after the Great Earthquake, he could, without any introduction, start stroking a cat the wrong way between the eyes, and the cat's reaction was to ask for more and even lay on his back to get strokes on the belly... I love cats but I always do proper introduction, and I can imagine if I had tried something like that with an unknown cat, I would have been scratched as soon as on reach of the cat's paw.

What hands! Alena Kostornaya wants to be a neurosurgeon, I tend to think he would be a great one if he wasn't giving the World the beauty of his skating.

He says that he works on their movements in his programs, but he has abilities to start with.

2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

But she was not in Junior.

I confess his hands fascinate me. They have quite a special shape, too, if you look at the print they have at the monument to figure skating in Sendai.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g298249-d15132536-Reviews-Figure_Skating_Monument-Sendai_Miyagi_Prefecture_Tohoku.html#photos;aggregationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=385898327

And, of course, the way they move, for instance in @sallycinnamon's signature .GIF.

If you consider that, visiting an unknown household in temporary accommodation after the Great Earthquake, he could, without any introduction, start stroking a cat the wrong way between the eyes, and the cat's reaction was to ask for more and even lay on his back to get strokes on the belly... I love cats but I always do proper introduction, and I can imagine if I had tried something like that with an unknown cat, I would have been scratched as soon as on reach of the cat's paw.

What hands! Alena Kostornaya wants to be a neurosurgeon, I tend to think he would be a great one if he wasn't giving the World the beauty of his skating.

He says that he works on their movements in his programs, but he has abilities to start with.

I never knew... his hands are about the same size as Shizuka Arawaka’s? According to those imprints

I’ll take you down my memory lane now - this was June 27th, 2016, first time we saw Yuzu ever since he disappeared with the lisfrank injury after the Worlds 2016. Before then we were anxious, biting our nails whether he’ll make it back to the ice before the season starts. 

2 hours ago, Fay said:

I’ll take you down my memory lane now - this was June 27th, 2016, first time we saw Yuzu ever since he disappeared with the lisfrank injury after the Worlds 2016. Before then we were anxious, biting our nails whether he’ll make it back to the ice before the season starts. 

(Baby) Jun Hwan-Cha was already there.