General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

On Team Russia, @rubyblue posted an interview of Serafima Sakhanovich, and reflecting on their considering that someone learning a quad usually loses the corresponding triple, I am now afraid when Yuzuru Hanyu jumps his quad Axel in competitiion, he may somehow lose his wonderful triple axels? :sadPooh:

No, no, he's already sacrificed 2A for this purpose

32 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

On Team Russia, @rubyblue posted an interview of Serafima Sakhanovich, and reflecting on their considering that someone learning a quad usually loses the corresponding triple, I am now afraid when Yuzuru Hanyu jumps his quad Axel in competitiion, he may somehow lose his wonderful triple axels? :sadPooh:

Plus, he knows that he has to keep the 3A in good shape too. Senior men have to have either a 2A or 3A in their short program. Yuzu’s smart, he knows better than to put that gorgeous 3A of his at risk.

1 час назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

But don't you think the Chinese would rather see Boyang win? He's also very popular

I'm sure Chinese audience will support Boyang too but from little I saw from weibo (different polls, number of fan-groups), I think Yuzu is still much more popular.

And I find that in such sport like FS it's more natural to cheer for an athlete not from your country, cuz in some way it's still an art and not just higher, faster, stronger. And they also have S/H to go for that gold in pairs.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

No, no, he's already sacrificed 2A for this purpose

50 minutes ago, river said:

Plus, he knows that he has to keep the 3A in good shape too. Senior men have to have either a 2A or 3A in their short program. Yuzu’s smart, he knows better than to put that gorgeous 3A of his at risk.

Thank you! :grin_clapping:

And still about 4A and the short program rule, can it make the required "triple or quadruple" solo jump? (As it cannot be the Axel element.)

It would make a "special Axel short program". :animated-smileys-character-075:

Sorry if my question is stupid.

2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

And still about 4A and the short program rule, can it make the required "triple or quadruple" solo jump? (As it cannot be the Axel element.)

Sure - it could be the solo quad. (Or in the combo, but the thought of that... :smiley-scared003:)

The risk of doing that is that it needs to be very stable to avoid having invalid jumps. If he pops to a single Axel, he gets no points for it, much like at 2019 Worlds when he popped his solo quad to a double. Popping it to a 3A would then make his solo 3A invalid (I think?) due to it being a repeated jump, or force him to do a 2A instead for his planned Axel (and use the 3A as a solo triple) which he apparently can no longer do. (Edit: or I suppose he could YOLO a different solo quad where he has the 3A planned.) He could pop it to a 2A and it wouldn’t cause any layout issues, but it would be a huge decrease in BV. (But oh, the irony if he did that.) Overall, unless the 4A gets incredibly stable, it probably won’t be worth the risk to have it in the short, IMO.

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But don't you think the Chinese would rather see Boyang win? He's also very popular

Yuzu is special.  

I am sure his many Chinese fans would LOVE to see him win his 3rd OLY gold in Beijing!!:softYuzu::loveshower::cheer::grouphug:

5 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Alysa Liu (or her coach) did something similar - a 3A as a solo triple and a 2A as the axel jump in the short. It was unusual but legit. 

I’m waiting to see what will be the price of the ‘yuzu’s watch’. Citizen has said back in April that it is in designing stage now. I’m not sure if it will incorporate Yuzu’s idea but I guessed so if the watch is to be associated with him. 

if you observed him a lot, he always held others’ hands from the bottom. Apparently a person who always has a habit of putting his hands from below strongly wants to lead and take initiative. 
Oh yuzu... 🥺🥵

1 hour ago, IULIANA said:

Alysa Liu (or her coach) did something similar - a 3A as a solo triple and a 2A as the axel jump in the short. It was unusual but legit. 

No, she didn't do solo 3A in the SP because it's not allowed. Solo jumps are prescribed for juniors, this season it was 3Lo. So Alysa had to put the 3A in combination.

As for Yuzu it'd be way too risky to put 4A in the SP, it would only make sense in the FS.