General Yuzuru Chat

37 минут назад, Fay сказал:

Hey, the stuff we get otherwise is from 2015 or 2018. Consider your luck to get a set of pictures which are under a year old! 

Sometimes we also get a couple of seconds of new videos from Japanese TV archive! I just wish they'll dig deeper and more often...

24 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Sometimes we also get a couple of seconds of new videos from Japanese TV archive! I just wish they'll dig deeper and more often...

They won’t because they are afraid of running out of stuff to tease us with before the millennium is out. :P 

I just stumbled across this article on the Chinese website globaltimes.cn:

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1172638.shtml

Here is a very interesting quote:

Chinese netizens show their sympathy to Japanese figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu after he won the silver medal at the Grand Prix Final in Italy on Saturday, his 25-year-old birthday.

[...]
The hashtag #FeelSorryforYuzuruHanyu has earned 290 million views on China's Twitter-like Sina Weibo as of Sunday.

290 million views   :LOL:

This equals the total population of the USA minus California lol.

China knows how to support Yuzu. I have the feeling, if the judges dare to rob Yuzu in Beijing, they won't survive that day in one piece.

21 hours ago, barbara said:

If I must.  Is there an emoji that would represent me pulling my hair out?  (Really, the frustration is more for myself wanting to go to Nova Scotia than it is for the skaters.) And strict?  I think the husband of the pregnant Canadian would consider himself essential. He must have been quite stunned being turned away at the border.   And is there a way for a US citizen to become a Canadian citizen when they marry?  I'd have thought so.  My friend in NS had to jump through multiple hoops over multiple years to get her Canadian citizenship and didn't give up her US citizenship.  

Both Canada and the United States permit dual or multiple citizenship, so it is possible for you to be an American and Canadian citizen at the same time.

9 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

New pictures from Citizen.

EZvURfqU8AEziHc?format=jpg&name=medium

EZvURfnUwAEBn8F?format=jpg&name=medium

EZvURgxUYAEkXDd?format=jpg&name=large

EZvURg4U0AI6wYw?format=jpg&name=large

great pic,Ctizen's people know how to dress him....and I'm still ogling that beautiful watch!

11 hours ago, memae said:

Our bugs aren't very nice here either. We have a mean old spider that likes to chase people and kill them. And the horrifying giant cockroaches.  I don't even like butterflies. Ladybugs are the only bug I can handle. As sweet as Yuzu can make a cute little bug seem while he rescues it from the ice, I don't want a bar of them. He can have them.

6 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

If you mean the Australian funnel-web spider, I worried for a relative who went to live in Australia with her family, but I read later that thanks to availability of serums since 1981 and a generally slow proceeding, there had been only one death (in 2016) since 1981 due to its venom.

I googled it ,I regret it LOL

4 hours ago, monchan said:

Oh yeah

hanyu economy is incredible !!

52 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

China knows how to support Yuzu. I have the feeling, if the judges dare to rob Yuzu in Beijing, they won't survive that day in one piece.

awww having 290 milion people conforting you is pretty nice!yep they better be careful with chinese-fanyu:graucho:

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

290 million............. :omg:No wonder Citizen is paying him what is probably millions. What is really amazing when you think about it, is that it was a Chinese-American who won against him, a Japanese skater, with all the weight of historical hostility there, and still the vast majority of Chinese fans choose to support Yuzuru.

When you think about it, and his popularity in Japan-unfriendly Korea (there were people on the skating forums about 2013 swearing no way would a Japanese skater be allowed to win in their country in 2018) and Vietnam etc into account... never mind the ISU, the UN should be wondering how to manufacture Yuzumagic.

11 minutes ago, TallyT said:

290 million............. :omg:No wonder Citizen is paying him what is probably millions. What is really amazing when you think about it, is that it was a Chinese-American who won against him, a Japanese skater, with all the weight of historical hostility there, and still the vast majority of Chinese fans choose to support Yuzuru.

When you think about it, and his popularity in Japan-unfriendly Korea (there were people on the skating forums about 2013 swearing no way would a Japanese skater be allowed to win in their country in 2018) and Vietnam etc into account... never mind the ISU, the UN should be wondering how to manufacture Yuzumagic.

I hope they won't get hold on him for I don't know what politicking.

3 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Pandas sold out within few hours of releasing the Citizen photos...

First koalas and now pandas...but we'll never run out of poohs...:POOH:

https://www.visualistan.com/2019/08/the-25-highest-grossing-media-franchises-of-all-time-infographic.html

I'm curious what percentage is fanyu's contribution toward the sale of winnie the pooh merchandising worldwide...

Interesting that the top two franchises originated in Japan (and I'm cheering Hello Kitty on, she's my favorite!) and also that Pooh is bigger than Mickey. 

4 hours ago, Fay said:

Hey, the stuff we get otherwise is from 2015 or 2018. Consider your luck to get a set of pictures which are under a year old! 

I know! I'm dying for Kose to get off their behinds and re-launch our global muse already! 

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

But don't you think the Chinese would rather see Boyang win? He's also very popular

46 minutes ago, Fay said:

And someone already translated it - in two parts 

I love this sentence: "The judges "radiograph" each element in a scoring system that rewards the most complete athlete."

So this is what Spanish newspapers naively believe, what skating fans pray for every day and what just doesn't happen in reality. This is so sad.

I wonder, if Yuzu will get the chance to be rewarded properly one more time in his career. The last season, where his scores pretty much reflected his quality was 15/16 and maybe the first half of 16/17. I wonder why. Might have something to with a certain skater, who turned senior and beat Yuzu that season...

@rockstaryuzu I wonder how popular Boyang in China is, compared with Yuzu. I really don't know. But 290 mio views is quite something. It's 20% of the Chinese population. Not easy to beat, even for Boyangman.

#Footnote: Of course, I will root for Yuzu, if he decides to compete in Beijing. But if there's any other skater, I would be very happy for, it's Boyang. His raw technique is one of the best in the world and he gave so much to the sport. In PyeongChang he was really close to the podium and finished in that unfortunate fourth place. I wish him with all my heart to be successful at home and win a medal at least.