General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

What a deal!! You only have to buy a clear file, and they give you a choice of bedding product, up to and including mattresses...:surprised_pikachu:

Just how many mattresses can you put up with for the sake of clear files with Yuzu? 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

What a deal!! You only have to buy a clear file, and they give you a choice of bedding product, up to and including mattresses...:surprised_pikachu:

Umm... let me get this right, you buy a clear file and you get the bedding free? I mean, I adore the man but that sounds....

5 minutes ago, TallyT said:

Umm... let me get this right, you buy a clear file and you get the bedding free? I mean, I adore the man but that sounds....

Don’t worry, those clear files will cost you the price of a full bedding. And some more. :D 

15 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Yes, it's another one from Hochi Shimbun, and it'll be released on 17 June.  So there'll be three photobooks released in June, the Ice Jewels season photobook which came out yesterday, the Hochi photobook and Dancin'on The Edge3 on June 19.

Quoting myself here because Yaguchi's photobook (from Hochi) is now available on Amazon as well. 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4831901660/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_awdo_c_x_Sd11EbGMM2D2A

6 часов назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

To make a long story short, we're both wrong, both skaters alter the layout from competition to competition.

I'm not arguing about last season, but it's the first season were Yuzu started intentionally change his planned layout during FS from comp to comp, I'm not talking about YOLO here. We can remember how he sticked to 4S_planned_fall in early days or how he insisted to get 4Lo from the start of 2016-2017 season. He changed his layouts in 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 but it's cuz of injuries. Before that he only added second quad to SP during 2015-2016 (I still remember the nervous feeling before NHK 2015 SP and now it's like normal to have 2 quads SP :rofl3:) and changed to 2 4S by Worlds in FS but it's also cuz of injure.

I think this season layout changes were a wise thing, cuz it's really hard to be at the top form during GP season and Nats with a lot of comps one after other and more and more quads added. I wonder what a strategy he'll choose with 4A - to try it in the lesser comp or save for a big one? Might depend on how it goes or his feeling during the day.

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

From the protocols (that I could find) and the Planet competition threads*, the GP and national championship jump layouts: 

Yuzu:

SCI SP       4S 3A 4T3T       FS 4Lo 4S 3Lz 4T 4Teu3F 3A3T 3A2T

NHK  SP   4S 3A 4T3T        FS 4Lo 4S 3Lz 4T 2T 4T3T 3Aeu3S

GPF  SP   4S 3A 4Tcombo FS 4Lo 4Lz 3Lz 4S 4Teu3F 3F 4T2T 1A

JNats  SP 4S 4T3T 3A        FS 4Lo 4S 2Lz 4T 4Teu3F 3A 3T (was this a combo? not sure) 3A

So Origin 2.0 was different every time, Otonal was different at JNats

Nathan:

SkAm SP 4Lz 3A 4T3T     FS 3Lz3T 4F 4Teu2F 3A 4S 2T 3A2T

IdeF    SP 4T3T 3A 4F       FS 4Lz 3Lz2T 4Teu3F 3A 4S 4T 3A2T

GPF    SP 4Lz 3A 4T3T     FS 4F3T 4Lz 4Teu3S 3A 4S 4T 3Lz3T

USNats SP 4F 3A 4T3T    FS 4F3T 4S 4Teu3S 3A 3Lo 4T 3F3T 

Again, SP repeated the layout at SkAm and GPF, FS was different every time

To make a long story short, we're both wrong, both skaters alter the layout from competition to competition.

And hats off to them, it made me tired just typing these out. 

* I didn't check these against video of the performances, just trusting the satellites who post these layouts that they're correct. 

Yuzu had the tendency to stick to a certain layout. For example, he insisted on including 4S in the 2013-2014 season even though Brian suggested that he should alter it to another 4T because Yuzu rarely landed it in competitions. In the 2016-2017 season, he kept the 4Lo and 4S-3T a.k.a COD despite making mistakes. I think other people were referring to this. In the past three seasons, we saw variations in his layouts but that was when he was injured or trying to recover from it.

Nathan, on the other hand, has been switching layouts more strategically since the 2017-2018 season. In the beginning, he competes with a relatively easy layout and adds difficulty when his opponents are stronger. He may be trying to manage his risk of injury as well, though, since he has suffered a major injury in the past.

Also, in this discussion, I think we should look at planned contents instead of protocols because protocols reflect layout changes caused by mistakes, or made to recover from mistakes, although it is hard to find reliable planned contents since the ones ISU releases are always full of mistakes...

ETA: Sorry, Lunna has already wrote most of what I was trying to say.

1 минуту назад, amylance1215 сказал:

I just clicked the Amazon link and it was already sold out?!! How is that possible?? 

I think it's not released yet. I don't know if Amazon has pre-order as I usually use cdjapan

Just now, Lunna said:

I think it's not released yet. I don't know if Amazon has pre-order as I usually use cdjapan

Amazon does have pre-order. They have it for the Ice Jewel and Dancin on the Edge 3. For this one it says "Currently unavailable". Hopefully it's because I'm too early and not too late 😂😭

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

From the protocols (that I could find) and the Planet competition threads*, the GP and national championship jump layouts: 

Yuzu:

JNats  SP 4S 4T3T 3A        FS 4Lo 4S 2Lz 4T 4Teu3F 3A 3T (was this a combo? not sure) 3A

Nathan:

* I didn't check these against video of the performances, just trusting the satellites who post these layouts that they're correct. 

I really thought you meant, Nathan Chen always sticks with his announced layout, while Yuzuru Hanyu can "YOLO". But then, I don't know if any other skater than YH can "YOLO", maybe apart from downgrading a 3T into a 2T because of Zayak rule in case they did a 3T instead of a 4T at the beginning and have two 3T in combination, but then, it must be a "plan B" they had runs-through with. (Needing nerves and some spare brain though.)

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yuzu:

Nathan:

How the heck did Nathan get a higher technical score for that program at SkAm with 3 quads and so many doubles than Yuzu with 5 quads at GPF?

I still cannot grasp this.