General Yuzuru Chat

38 minutes ago, Fay said:

Yuzuru Hanyu gets mentioned in Skate Canada Finance Webinar. 😂
https://skatecanada.ca/2020-finance-webinar/

What they said about him at around 31.40 is this: “It should be noted that there was an overall improvement of revenue earned. About 700 thousand from each of the annual recurring events. 70 percent or 500 thousand is attributable to Skate Canada International which benefited from Yuzuru Hanyu competing at the event, resulting in an increase in rink board revenue as well as ticket sales”. 

Woah... I knew Yuzu increases ticket sales but I never knew it was by THIS much!!! Is there even any other skater with similar influence? (Yuna? Mao? Plushenko?)

Also I can't read this... does anyone know what this is about?

9 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Woah... I knew Yuzu increases ticket sales but I never knew it was by THIS much!!! Is there even any other skater with similar influence? (Yuna? Mao? Plushenko?)

That seems to be old news of 2015, but basically the JSF weren’t happy with the Japanese flag on Yuzu’s mask. 

46 minutes ago, Fay said:

That seems to be old news of 2015, but basically the JSF weren’t happy with the Japanese flag on Yuzu’s mask. 

WTF! That little tiny Japanese flag that I didn’t even notice until you mentioned it? And what’s wrong with having your national flag on anything? Americans and Canadians proudly display the stars and stripes and maple leaf all the time. There’s nothing wrong in being proud of your country and waving the flag.

This smacks of the JSF President, Seiko Hashimoto (now Olympic minister), getting in her digs. She had an unhealthy affection for Daisuke Takahashi and hates Yuzu.

When I saw the picture, I thought the caption might say: “Yuzuru Hanyu wonders why the creepy big guy is following him so closely.”

2 hours ago, monchan said:

I LOVE Etude so much that I'm having it as my ringtone :knc_brian3:. There's no other ringtone I've kept for so long except the default one :war:

My ring tone is Haru yo koi!  It’s also my alarm tone (so, I wake up every day to the calming and hopeful tune of this song :softYuzu:)

19 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

WTF! That little tiny Japanese flag that I didn’t even notice until you mentioned it? And what’s wrong with having your national flag on anything? Americans and Canadians proudly display the stars and stripes and maple leaf all the time. There’s nothing wrong in being proud of your country and waving the flag.

This came up in the 'We Love Yuzu' banner thread, and it surprised me, but apparently in a lot of countries, displaying the national flag too prominently can be a very loaded gesture, and Japan is one of those places. It does surprise me a lot that it's an issue in Japan of all places, especially since they no longer use the older version of the flag that was the real hot-button symbol,  but there you go. 

And don't forget that even in Canada, there are places where flying the Maple Leaf is not welcome. It's a sucky side-effect of past history unfortunately.

Anyway, here's what Google Translate said for the article:

"According to the Japan Skating Federation, "I did not know that it was made by Aichi's manufacturer, but I have already received inquiries," he said, "It seems that Hanyu was doing it personally, but the athletes of the Federation are public. "(Informal) items with Hinomaru or JAPAN on display are misleading and should not be worn. We instructed Hanyu to refrain from doing so in the future."

Immediately before the important tournament, everyone wants to avoid making noise outside the competition and affecting Hanyu's performance. However, it is true that the ripples have spread.

The exterior of the factory 

"I think that Hanyu gave me the bad thing, but I am sorry if there was a problem. We do not intend to sell using Hanyu at all," Nakagawara (factory owner where the masks are made) explained. It seems that fans who have already identified it as a product of the company have made a reservation, but since about 50 employees make one by one by hand, it is said that it is best to produce 100 pieces per month.

Hanyu will have a short program on the night of the 27th and will be free to play on the night of the 28th of March. It will shut out both dirty air and noise, and will show you the best performance.

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

This came up in the 'We Love Yuzu' banner thread, and it surprised me, but apparently in a lot of countries, displaying the national flag too prominently can be a very loaded gesture, and Japan is one of those places. It does surprise me a lot that it's an issue on Japan of all places, but there you go. 

Yeah, that flag on Yuzu’s mask is pretty prominent. No one would notice it unless a photographer took a picture with a 500x zoom.

I’ve discussed this before, but the Japanese are overly sensitive about this issue. So it’s OK to waive the Japanese flag, often really huge ones, but not display a tiny one on a mask?

I never thought about this before, but don’t the Japanese team uniforms all display a Japanese flag?

10 minutes ago, holina said:

My ring tone is Haru yo koi!  It’s also my alarm tone (so, I wake up every day to the calming and hopeful tune of this song :softYuzu:)

Whenever I hear my alarm songs they immediately fill me with irrational rage and hatred haha, I couldn't ruin a Yuzu song like that! 

Just now, Geo1 said:

Yeah, that flag on Yuzu’s mask is pretty prominent. No one would notice it unless a photographer took a picture with a 500x zoom.

I’ve discussed this before, but the Japanese are overly sensitive about this issue. So it’s OK to waive the Japanese flag, often really huge ones, but not display a tiny one on a mask?

I never thought about this before, but don’t the Japanese team uniforms all display a Japanese flag?

I know, it makes no sense. Whatcha gonna do?:shrug:

32 minutes ago, holina said:

Mine has been H&L since autumn 2016 and I don't see any reason to change it. Hearing it makes me so happy. 

2 часа назад, FlyingCamel сказал:

As I understood from other translations JSF is against using flags and Japan sign by athletes apart from official team uniform. And there's some fight over twitter now about some company if it's OK to use flag on the mask or not, and Yuzu's old photo from 2015 was just dragged along into it.

4 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Sorry for taking too much time.

So...It is essentially irrelevant to Yuzu and not a fun topic so I put the explanation in a spoiler.

Spoiler

Sometime in February, our government requested some Japanese companies to produce masks in addition to their usual products to solve the shortage of masks. Mainichi Shimbun reported the news, and for some reason, they used a photo of the masks with the Japanese flag that was irrelevant to the news. The masks were the product of Clever and they hadn't received the request from the government. But people saw the photo thought the government ordered the masks and spent money and time on decorating them with the flag when people were seriously in need of masks to protect themselves. They criticized the government as well as the manufacturer of the masks. Some famous liberalists in the media also used it as a tool to criticize Abe and spread the wrong image of Clever. As a result, Clever was attacked and stopped selling the model with the flag. The mask with the flag was born when they received an order to produce masks for athletes with pollen allergies in 2014. The flag was added as a message of support for athletes who compete internationally representing Japan. (Source) Although many Yuzu fans knew that having read articles about the mask before and after Shanghai 2015 and tried to counter with the misunderstanding at that time, apparently, that wasn't enough.

Lately, the president of Clever tweeted on that to set things straight, and this time, those famous liberalists are criticized for not having done fact check, especially by right-wing people. Naoki Hyakuta is a well-known supporter of Abe and I guess he saw recent tweets regarding the Clever's mask. He is angry about JFS for their comment on the Japanese flag they made before Shanghai 2015, but they did not ask their athlete to avoid wearing the flag because of the negative sentiments toward the flag but because Japan was one of the ISIS's targets at that time. It was shortly after a Japanese journalist got killed by them, so JFS made their athletes avoid Japan logos and Hinomaru as a safety measure. (Source) I think there is no reason to call them a fool (which Hyakuta did) in this regard.

So... this tweet is a response made by a misunderstanding to a drama caused by misunderstanding. Can we just ignore?

1 час назад, lajoitko сказал:

Mine has been H&L since autumn 2016 and I don't see any reason to change it. Hearing it makes me so happy. 

Mine is Seimei choreo stsq from 2015, never thought about changing and too used to it by now.