General Yuzuru Chat

1 час назад, Dreamer сказал:

I am a big Prince and Gary Moore fan, so I can say that I really loved Yuzu's performances!

Prince is an iconic musician, one of a kind, who marched to the beat of his own drum!

Gary Moore is one of the most underrated guitarists ever(rock and blues)...he could make that guitar sing.

I'm not a fan of both, or rather never listened much, though loved rock music. But Jeff's choreo is a masterpiece, I find him and Yuzu a perfect match in creative department, even if first performances were not convincing (but first year of PW was for sure cute, I remember so many debates over it then lol), Yuzu made both programs work great in the end, now I'm sure he can make work any program from the start.

Prince has an enormous body of work....he has songs for every mood and state of mind.

He was a multi-instrumentalist, a composer, lyricist, music producer and was a musical genius and chameleon.  He also had a sense of humor, very tongue in cheek and was the first artist to fight to own his own masters(his creations).  He was abandoned as a  young boy(his mother chose her second husband over him, and his father threw him out) and grew up fast.  He, too, like Yuzu had a vision for what he wanted to create and did not compromise on his dreams.

Yet, I admire that when he became wealthy, he was very generous with his wealth.  He was also a philanthropist, most of it anonymous( only came to light when he died). 

My location, Paisley Park, is in tribute to Prince: where he dreamed of a world where we are all one, and are happy and carefree

6 hours ago, Dreamer said:

I am a big Prince and Gary Moore fan, so I can say that I really loved Yuzu's performances!

Prince is an iconic musician, one of a kind, who marched to the beat of his own drum!

Gary Moore is one of the most underrated guitarists ever(rock and blues)...he could make that guitar sing.

Unfortunately, my impression of ISU and most of the ISU judges:  they are staid and straightlaced fuddy duddies...who are most lightly neither fans of the talented Prince or rock guitar hero, Gary Moore.  In other words, I can't imagine any of them rocking out at a Prince concert or at a Gary Moore concert!!

Well, I suppose one can appreciate a program and give it the scores it deserves, without liking the music. I think I could even do it to Étude, while my ears cringe when I hear Scriabin poorly orchestrated (well, less than for Chopin, as in Chopiniana ballet). (And I do like Gary Moore. And appreciate Prince's music quality — as a Beotian of course.)

5 hours ago, Lunna said:

I remember watching on the bad stream, I liked purple and pants seems shiny during spins, but after that first high-res pics followed and everybody went :jaw::drool1:

NHK was already much better performance then ACI and SC, but GPF is my still fave one - it was first time he encouraged crowed to scream along - cheeky boy :rofl3:

Spoiler

But, wait wait wait... Are not you all speaking of his thighs and her... gluteal muscles? Is it about his dance belt? I know nothing of the matter but I suppose it conceals anything improper?

Except for a British judge of the eighties, of course. (From 3:43 in the video.)

39 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

Prince has an enormous body of work....he has songs for every mood and state of mind.

He was a multi-instrumentalist, a composer, lyricist, music producer and was a musical genius and chameleon.  He also had a sense of humor, very tongue in cheek and was the first artist to fight to own his own masters(his creations).  He was abandoned as a  young boy(his mother chose her second husband over him, and his father threw him out) and grew up fast.  He, too, like Yuzu had a vision for what he wanted to create and did not compromise on his dreams.

Yet, I admire that when he became wealthy, he was very generous with his wealth.  He was also a philanthropist, most of it anonymous( only came to light when he died). 

My location, Paisley Park, is in tribute to Prince: where he dreamed of a world where we are all one, and are happy and carefree

Prince, during his lifetime, tried to build a world that is more beautiful and loving towards all.

He gave a free concert in Baltimore, after the protests, wrote the song 'Baltimore' and donated all the proceeds.  He also wrote a song after Katrina and also donated all the proceeds.

He is associated with Minneapolis where the epicenter of protests began over the death of George Floyd.  I wonder what he would think of Trump America and today's sad world.

Administrators, please move this as you wish

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

Well, I suppose one can appreciate a program and give it the scores it deserves, without liking the music. I think I could even do it to Étude, while my ears cringe when I hear Scriabin poorly orchestrated (well, less than for Chopin, as in Chopiniana ballet). (And I do like Gary Moore. And appreciate Prince's music quality — as a Beotian of course.)

Hide contents

But, wait wait wait... Are not you all speaking of his thighs and her... gluteal muscles? Is it about his dance belt? I know nothing of the matter but I suppose it conceals anything improper?

Except for a British judge of the eighties, of course. (From 3:43 in the video.)

Wow that clip  seems so quaint now...all those judges would faint if they saw some of the costumes today.

And

Spoiler

Yes, 'PPOS" does indeed refer to Yuzu's *ahem* Prince-ly form in those wonderfully tailored trousers.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Dreamer said:

I wonder what he would think of Trump America and today's sad world.

I was thinking of exactly that today. I'm glad he's not here to see it, I feel like he would be very upset. On the other hand, we lost him much too soon.

/end non- yuzu topic

7 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Hide contents

OMG, I should realise more often that the ISU and its judges are indeed people like this one ! Every medal ceremony, every official moment of any competition, when I see the people who evaluate and decide over the athletes` performances (and appearance, more so!), offering the medals and proudly taking pictures with the exhausted beautiful in every way winners, it gives me sort of strange vibes... How on earth some one like the one in this video has the power to dictate and  put an official stamp on somebody like, say Yuzuru, when it is clear as the day light they belong to waaaay different league, if not even species, if you know what I mean!... And don`t give me the expertise speech, we see every single time that`s mostly major BS covering politiking and God knows what petty obscure undetectable interests, I mean undetectable from the normal logical POV! You may color me shallow or whatever, but I just cannot shake this off at all. 

On 5/29/2020 at 6:53 PM, TallyT said:

I wonder if Yuzu knows the effect PPOS made and still makes on his audience's and fans' less than angelic minds? (Part of me wonders if he knows about the PPOS label...) :ohmygod:

he might- he certainly knows his ability to make his fans mentally or actually scream, that's sure... as for the label, probably not yet. 

but i say, yet. :nod2:

51 минуту назад, yuzuru_hanyu_is_an_angel сказал:

he might- he certainly knows his ability to make his fans mentally or actually scream, that's sure... as for the label, probably not yet. 

He for sure knows with all the "occasional" abs flashing in last years in FAOI and other fanservice lol Label might know too cuz it's pretty popular and he for sure lurks somewhere sometime, though if it's only Japanese twitter I don't know if it had some label there :rofl3:

19 hours ago, Lunna said:

Yes, JapanPost doesn't send here anything, who knows when will start again (though I saved shittones of money for magazines, cuz didn't make orders before WC and then...). I wonder why though, maybe little demand and small amount of planes. Form China I get my parcels with no problem.

At least I don't remember that photobooks ran out of stock, so hope will be able to order them later.

I ordered a Yuzuru magazine just a few days before my country went into lockdown...my order is in limbo. :sadPooh: Here’s to hoping for a refund...

4 hours ago, Lunna said:

He for sure knows with all the "occasional" abs flashing in last years in FAOI and other fanservice lol Label might know too cuz it's pretty popular and he for sure lurks somewhere sometime, though if it's only Japanese twitter I don't know if it had some label there :rofl3:

He knows, and he occasionally has fun with it, like for example when he was teasing the crowd by pretending to toss his face towel to them after FaOI that one year, then giving them the waggy finger :rofl3:. As long as it's done in moderation (both by the fans and by him), it's a little bit of good, clean fun. 

14 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Reveal hidden contents

I LOVE Etude so much that I'm having it as my ringtone :knc_brian3:. There's no other ringtone I've kept for so long except the default one :war:

Yuzuru Hanyu gets mentioned in Skate Canada Finance Webinar. 😂
https://skatecanada.ca/2020-finance-webinar/

What they said about him at around 31.40 is this: “It should be noted that there was an overall improvement of revenue earned. About 700 thousand from each of the annual recurring events. 70 percent or 500 thousand is attributable to Skate Canada International which benefited from Yuzuru Hanyu competing at the event, resulting in an increase in rink board revenue as well as ticket sales”. 

5 minutes ago, Fay said:

Yuzuru Hanyu gets mentioned in Skate Canada Finance Webinar. 😂
https://skatecanada.ca/2020-finance-webinar/

What they said about him at around 31.40 is this: “It should be noted that there was an overall improvement of revenue earned. About 700 thousand from each of the annual recurring events. 70 percent or 500 thousand is attributable to Skate Canada International which benefited from Yuzuru Hanyu competing at the event, resulting in an increase in rink board revenue as well as ticket sales”. 

He is also mentioned in the French version :D (well, it's almost word for word the same thing in fact so I guess they had a script or bullet points for everything, with his name mentioned)