General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

He showed a lot of improvement here compared to SC, it was a great performance. And the famous PPOS reveal...:D I almost fainted when I was watching the stream and saw that he changed the costume. It was such a good choice in every way :sin:  It also looked much better on ice than the white one (I liked the white one off ice but his legs just weren't that visible when he was on the ice.)

Someday, maybe, I'll understand why these pants (quite fitting the program, and these blue iridescence was so nice) are called "of sin" by virtually all fanyus.

Note : I noticed Colin Firth's shirt slight transparency in the lake scene in Pride and Prejudice 1995, only the third time, and only because I had read it everywhere. So I may have a handicap.

Thank you very much for the link, Fay, I find he improved sooo much between NHK 2016 and Worlds 2017, which I see as "better than perfection" (with that superb recovery in the combo, less bankable score-wise but so beautiful), to the point I see the former as a sort of draft  compared to the latter where every movement had found its perfect execution and significance, fit for history.

Just for the record

The number of LIVE viewers during WC2017 men FP replay on May 17 2020

End of grp 1: 5200
End of grp 2: 7800
End of grp 3: 14000
Warm-up grp 4: 16000
Yuzu's H&L: 16800 :winner:
Rest of grp 4: 13800 plus or minus
Victory ceremony: 11000

These numbers are rather small compare to actual live streaming (eg: official practice at SCI or NHK), he can usually garner like 30000 or more despite the time differences. 

32 minutes ago, cronkite said:

Just for the record

The number of LIVE viewers during WC2017 men FP replay on May 17 2020

End of grp 1: 5200
End of grp 2: 7800
End of grp 3: 14000
Warm-up grp 4: 16000
Yuzu's H&L: 16800 :winner:
Rest of grp 4: 13800 plus or minus
Victory ceremony: 11000

These numbers are rather small compare to actual live streaming (eg: official practice at SCI or NHK), he can usually garner like 30000 or more despite the time differences. 

Hey, Yuzu's number exceeded many of the streams over the last year or so of competitions that were live but Yuzu-less :happy0065: Partly, I know, because people are desperately missing both him and skating in general, but still...

4 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Someday, maybe, I'll understand why these pants (quite fitting the program, and these blue iridescence was so nice) are called "of sin" by virtually all fanyus.

My dear satellite, they are called that because both the fit, and the physique displayed, is such perfection that it might tempt the very angels to fall from heaven...

Please forgive my poetic hyperbole. 

except it's not really hyperbole. That boy looked :animated-smileys-bath-wc-033: so fine in those...

7 minutes ago, monchan said:

Can we expect he'll be back to Canada soon? I wonder which "high level" skaters are alr there.

Hmm... really not sure... in non-pandemic days, would he be in Japan to rest during this time of the year? Or would be be training?

also if he is in Japan, would he have to quarantine upon returning to Canada? 

1 hour ago, FlyingCamel said:

Hmm... really not sure... in non-pandemic days, would he be in Japan to rest during this time of the year? Or would be be training?

also if he is in Japan, would he have to quarantine upon returning to Canada? 

It's Fantasy on Ice time this time of the year so yes, in the end of May/June he is usually in Japan.

And it seems quarantine for travellers entering Canada is mandatory for 14 days as of now.

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

It's Fantasy on Ice time this time of the year so yes, in the end of May/June he is usually in Japan.

And it seems quarantine for travellers entering Canada is mandatory for 14 days as of now.

Yes, Canada has had that in place for some time, and as @rockstaryuzu said it should remain that way for some time.  Especially American visitors are a danger to us, because of how many cases here originated in the States, because of how poorly things are being handled in much of that country, and because it would be very difficult to screen the many visitors who normally drive here to Canada.  I suspect we will be trying our darndest to keep the border closed for as long as possible.  I know Ontario and Québec have not been shy about having 0 interest in the border opening anytime soon. 

I mentioned on the General Skating thread that foreign Maple Leafs players (Toronto's NHL hockey team) have very recently been able to (or are about to) cross the border/go through Customs as a special exception to the no non-essential visitors rule, but only if they self-isolate for the full period.  It would be a bad look if any non-essential worker were to skip that requirement (in fact I think a few Canadians have gotten into hot water with the law for not doing so after travel).  Note, I don't fear that Yuzu or his Mom would ignore these rules.  I do hope, however, they have been watching the conditions here in the Toronto area carefully, have noted the potential for things to go south if people here get too lax in the future (sadly I've already seen signs of this even in my own neighborhood and the province's numbers have not been trending well most of this past week), and make a sensible decision based on that and Yuzu's health.  Normally, I'd be thrilled to have him and the other foreign skaters back at TCC ASAP, but I also respect their right to keep themselves safe.  Each of them should figure out how easy/hard it is to keep safe here and decide accordingly.

Normally at this time of year, he's in Japan anyway with the ice shows (at least Yuzu won't be too badly hurt financially by losing those fees, even though I would bet he is highest paid. Some of the others I do think will really feel the loss of the fees as well as the joy of performing)

10 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

My dear satellite, they are called that because both the fit, and the physique displayed, is such perfection that it might tempt the very angels to fall from heaven...

Please forgive my poetic hyperbole. 

except it's not really hyperbole. That boy looked :animated-smileys-bath-wc-033: so fine in those...

I wonder if Yuzu knows the effect PPOS made and still makes on his audience's and fans' less than angelic minds? (Part of me wonders if he knows about the PPOS label...) :ohmygod:

37 minutes ago, TallyT said:

Normally at this time of year, he's in Japan anyway with the ice shows (at least Yuzu won't be too badly hurt financially by losing those fees, even though I would bet he is highest paid. Some of the others I do think will really feel the loss of the fees as well as the joy of performing)

He always said that he goes to Japan for work, aka ice shows and media and endorsement obligations. Not hollidays. And usually he used his off season to get injuries-related treatment and rehab in Toronto. Who knows...  

8 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

He always said that he goes to Japan for work, aka ice shows and media and endorsement obligations. Not hollidays. And usually he used his off season to get injuries-related treatment and rehab in Toronto. Who knows...  

Speaking of the endorsements... given the current situation, what might we get?