General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

In Japan, we are familiar with a saying 見返り美人 mikaeri-bijin, literally means "a beauty looking back".

It seems to come from this famous Ukiyoe by HISHIKAWA Moronobu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hishikawa_Moronobu

https://artsandculture.google.com/asset/beauty-looking-back-hishikawa-moronobu/gQFgWTeF6qSwkg

Even when the angle is different, a picture or painting of a beauty who is looking back is frequently referred to as "Mikaeri-bijin".

And the painting by Vermeer is one of them, and I have seen that picture of Yuzuru's had that caption of "Mikaeri-bijin" several times :laughing:

SuzyQ, thanks for the context....they are alluding to Yuzu as the 'beauty who is looking back'  just as the Vermeer portrays 'a beauty looking back'.......I get it now.  Of course, I agree. 

I originally thought that they were comparing a really ordinary photo to a world reknown painting.

Might have been already posted, but this "Haru yo koi" played by Nobuyuki Tsujii is really beautiful and soothing.

He says he played this great piece praying that this situation of Choronavirus will end soon.

I really miss Yuzuru :64341262:

Yuzu eight months from now: I answered every odd numbered question with a stop-motion claymation video and every even number with an abstract painting which you can view for a limited time on my Animal Crossing island, don't ask me for anything ever again *disappears*

1 minute ago, fyere0 said:

Yuzu eight months from now: I answered every odd numbered question with a stop-motion claymation video and every even number with an abstract painting which you can view for a limited time on my Animal Crossing island, don't ask me for anything ever again *disappears*

:LOL::hihi:

30 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

don't give him ideas!