General Yuzuru Chat

14 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

"In this article from Iwate Daily, the manager of Ice Rink Sendai, Ariie-san said they took advice from Yuzu when they equipped the sound facilities"

Because of course they did. 

Stories like these remind me of what someone told me once about a military sonar operator they knew - the guy had his music collection organized by the sound quality of the recordings. Yuzu seems to be that kind of sensitive hearer. 

5 hours ago, TallyT said:

You may find it difficult depending on where you are, I ordered the Satomi costume book from CD Japan, they sent it but then I got a terribly apologetic email saying it had been returned to them (border problems wit COVID, damn you!) and they are trying to work out when and how they can resend it....

I really want the costume book too but from what you're saying, I guess it's better to wait until things sort themselves out. 

23 minutes ago, TallyT said:

They never run out of reasons to clickbait our boy, do they? Men (though Javi, oh Javi...) and pairs are easy for me, the others... mmmmm.

why did they have to have us choose between yuzu and javi they're so similar in league 

and DO NOT MAKE ME CHOOSE BETWEEN VIRTUEMOIR AND THE SHIBSIBS AGH

4 hours ago, daisyjune said:

I googled Sebastião Salgado, but I don't exactly understand what Yaguchi-san meant.

Vermeer is a painter noted for his portraits of extreme beauty.  He is considered one of the supreme portraitists of all time.

20 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Vermeer is a painter noted for his portraits of extreme beauty.  He is considered one of the supreme portraitists of all time.

Yes, I know Vermeer. Actually, he is very popular here. His exhibition held in Tokyo last year  attracted a lot of people.

However, I've never heard of Sebastião Salgado. A cover like this might be the inspiration for Yaguchi-san, maybe?

The-best-Photos---cover_all.jpg

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

"In this article from Iwate Daily, the manager of Ice Rink Sendai, Ariie-san said they took advice from Yuzu when they equipped the sound facilities"

Because of course they did. 

Stories like these remind me of what someone told me once about a military sonar operator they knew - the guy had his music collection organized by the sound quality of the recordings. Yuzu seems to be that kind of sensitive hearer. 

And no one knows more than Yuzu about ear buds. But then, who has as many as he does? 

Far from being an expert but Salgado pics gives me the feeling of 'looking into a room when something happens and nobody looks back a t you',not posed or staged?(even if of course they were)....Yuzuru skates and you take a pic but he's not posing for you of curse,so maybe that!

The pic of Yuzu looking back instead,of course it makes you think about  The young Maid with a Pearl the pose is so similar but I didn't think about it before reading Sittwizzle post !

And I don't know why the OC twit doesn't work for me but oìif there's Yuna go for her always

10 hours ago, micaelis said:

I love Yuzu but to compare that photo of him to a Vermeer....just no:hachimaki:

1 時間前, Dreamerさんが言いました:

I love Yuzu but to compare that photo of him to a Vermeer....just no:hachimaki:

In Japan, we are familiar with a saying 見返り美人 mikaeri-bijin, literally means "a beauty looking back".

It seems to come from this famous Ukiyoe by HISHIKAWA Moronobu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hishikawa_Moronobu

https://artsandculture.google.com/asset/beauty-looking-back-hishikawa-moronobu/gQFgWTeF6qSwkg

Even when the angle is different, a picture or painting of a beauty who is looking back is frequently referred to as "Mikaeri-bijin".

And the painting by Vermeer is one of them, and I have seen that picture of Yuzuru's had that caption of "Mikaeri-bijin" several times :laughing: