General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

And Ari Zakarian acknowledging that Yuzuru Hanyu is a cash machine for ISU, and his r.....ment may hit them hard! May judges stop trying to oust him?

They are going to need him if this season is messed up as much as it looks like it's going to be.

Oh, and I love how, when I used google translate on that Russian article, it brought up a subtitle for one of the pictures as "The face of the child and the soul of a samurai" and later mention "this half-human demigod"  :hihi: Google loves him too.....

1 hour ago, FlyingCamel said:

I’m kinda surprised he said he’s not good at being alone though! Always thought he was an introvert who enjoyed solitude 🤔

My guess from observing him as a fan is that it's more a case of being so dedicated to skating he can't help but become isolated (aka it's lonely at the top), but he's never struck me as introverted. Look at the way he chatters away to the others at medal ceremonies...Keiji is on record as saying Yuzu never shuts up LOL.

The very fact that he is able to draw energy for his performances from the crowd support is a classic sign of an extrovert. An introvert would find all that attention draining.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

My guess from observing him as a fan is that it's more a case of being so dedicated to skating he can't help but become isolated (aka it's lonely at the top), but he's never struck me as introverted. Look at the way he chatters away to the others at medal ceremonies...Keiji is on record as saying Yuzu never shuts up LOL.

The very fact that he is able to draw energy for his performances from the crowd support is a classic sign of an extrovert. An introvert would find all that attention draining.

Well I’m not very familiar with all the personality types so I can’t say much but what you said does make sense! I remember there was another thread somewhere here where people discussed his MBTI and someone typed him as ISFP or something? I can’t remember haha

Would be interesting to know what his actual personality type is but we can all only guess X)

8 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Well I’m not very familiar with all the personality types so I can’t say much but what you said does make sense! I remember there was another thread somewhere here where people discussed his MBTI and someone typed him as ISFP or something? I can’t remember haha

Would be interesting to know what his actual personality type is but we can all only guess X)

Yuzu is one-of-a-kind. He’s not capable of being pigeonholed.

Yuzu is, after all, an alien.

16 minutes ago, CaroSkate said:

I am planning to buy the new photobook from Yaguchi-san but I cannot find it on Amazon. And the link they provide does not allow overseas shipping. Do you know where could I buy it as an overseas fan?

You may find it difficult depending on where you are, I ordered the Satomi costume book from CD Japan, they sent it but then I got a terribly apologetic email saying it had been returned to them (border problems wit COVID, damn you!) and they are trying to work out when and how they can resend it....

3 photobooks in a month..... :war: How can my wallet survive :smiley_hairpull:. I've expected ICE JEWELS photobook and YUZU'LL BE BACK II this ss and alr decide on the former, but Yaguchi-san suddenly releases a new photobook? Thanks God I haven't booked anything. And the pandemic will postpone/prevent foreign orders this is so depressing :dislike:

Prob should wait a bit to see if there's 4th one :war:

1 時間前, CaroSkateさんが言いました:

I am planning to buy the new photobook from Yaguchi-san but I cannot find it on Amazon. And the link they provide does not allow overseas shipping. Do you know where could I buy it as an overseas fan?

Yaguchi-san says,

Amazonなどネット通販での取り扱いは随時、ご案内させていただきます。

(Will update the information on its handling online including Amazon when available.)

So, I hope you will get the information soon.

https://hochi.news/articles/20200526-OHT1T50118.html

15 minutes ago, monchan said:

Prob should wait a bit to see if there's 4th one 

off topic but:

Spoiler

Idk what’s wrong with me, I read that as “Pooh should wait a bit to see if there’s a 4th one” and was half judging you for referring to yourself as Pooh... I think this is the side effect of missing Yuzu too much :Poohgaveup:

Yaguchi-san says the design of the cover of the photo book was inspired by Sebastião Salgado's photo book.

He wanted his book look like an art book, and according to him, the (Yuzu's?) photo is Vermeer. :judgmental::tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow:

I googled Sebastião Salgado, but I don't exactly understand what Yaguchi-san meant. Perhaps I will know when I have that photo book in front of me.

BTW, another photo book, "Yuzu'll be back Ⅱ"  this photo book weighs 1200 grams (1.2kg).

4 hours ago, TallyT said:

You may find it difficult depending on where you are, I ordered the Satomi costume book from CD Japan, they sent it but then I got a terribly apologetic email saying it had been returned to them (border problems wit COVID, damn you!) and they are trying to work out when and how they can resend it....

I pre-odered from Amazon and used JPNDepot and got emailed after a few weeks to say they couldn't use that shipping method and would I mind changing to another one, did that and heard nothing for weeks so I emailed and my new shipping method was no longer available and would I mind FedEx instead. Then there was some confusion and they tried to make me pay again but that got sorted out and when I checked the tracking number today it had made it from Japan to China to Singapore so it's nearly here. However, it'll be arriving at my parents' place because that's where I was until the end of April and I thought if it didn't get there by the time I moved city, it could at least get sent with all my furniture (there were delays with that too lol). Now because we can't leave our regions in QLD until the last weekend of the school holidays in July, I'm not going to be able to visit my parents over the break so I won't even be able to pick it up then. So I might get my hands on it in September. Maybe. lol. After purchasing it on the 31st of March. Just want my pretty costume pictures and all those Yuzu sparkles. 

I guess you could email CD Japan and mention that Fedex is managing to get stuff out. Although, mine hasn't quite made it to Australia yet either so... 

11 minutes ago, memae said:

I pre-odered from Amazon and used JPNDepot and got emailed after a few weeks to say they couldn't use that shipping method and would I mind changing to another one, did that and heard nothing for weeks so I emailed and my new shipping method was no longer available and would I mind FedEx instead. Then there was some confusion and they tried to make me pay again but that got sorted out and when I checked the tracking number today it had made it from Japan to China to Singapore so it's nearly here. However, it'll be arriving at my parents' place because that's where I was until the end of April and I thought if it didn't get there by the time I moved city, it could at least get sent with all my furniture (there were delays with that too lol). Now because we can't leave our regions in QLD until the last weekend of the school holidays in July, I'm not going to be able to visit my parents over the break so I won't even be able to pick it up then. So I might get my hands on it in September. Maybe. lol. After purchasing it on the 31st of March. Just want my pretty costume pictures and all those Yuzu sparkles. 

I guess you could email CD Japan and mention that Fedex is managing to get stuff out. Although, mine hasn't quite made it to Australia yet either so... 

They asked me if I had a preference for another delivery system and if not, they would monitor and try again when the situation changes, I was happy with that. I may have to wait, yes, but in the scheme of things it's not a big problem....

2 hours ago, daisyjune said:

Yaguchi-san says the design of the cover of the photo book was inspired by Sebastião Salgado's photo book.

He wanted his book look like an art book, and according to him, the (Yuzu's?) photo is Vermeer. :judgmental::tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow:

I googled Sebastião Salgado, but I don't exactly understand what Yaguchi-san meant. Perhaps I will know when I have that photo book in front of me.

BTW, another photo book, "Yuzu'll be back Ⅱ" weighs 1200 grams (1.2kg).

I suppose he referred to The young Maid with a Pearl, maybe Vermeer's best known painting.

800px-Meisje_met_de_parel.jpg

I noticed that on this cover photo, his sports jacket looked somehow like a men's kimono. At first sight even, I tought "Oh! He also wears informal kimonos?"

And I did receive Satomi Ito's book in a few days, but I had chosen DHL delivery and live in Germany. Later some borders were closed, but they reopened since (for mail and packets, I mean).