General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, yumeaki said:

At last Yuzu can finally meet his beloved ice-chan!

Still waiting to see how GP works. I want it to happen but I also want it to be held with no spectator. 

From the rink site itself, I understood teams and clubs could already use it since May 11th or 12th. And he's certainly still part of the club.

But of course I had to rely on automatic translation.

I suppose June 1st is the reopening for regular lessons (probably not for the public? It may not be safe yet.)

Edit : I checked icerink-sendai.net, they have a message from May 19th stating that general business would reopen June 1st, so even for public sessions?

And they remind that for chartering and for clubs and teams, the reopening was May 11th. If the translation is good, of course.

https://icerink-sendai.net/uploads/article/20200519034559_1724499008.pdf

10 hours ago, azelais said:

Which Yuzu skate do you guys rewatch the most? I always find myself rewatching 2017 Worlds Hope & Legacy for obvious reasons (specifically I like this video because it cuts out the cheering and stuff so it's just him and the music <3 ) and 2018 PC Seimei for its power, history, and that part after the last jump where Yuzu breaks character and is just smiling while he skates. :devilYuzu:

At the moment, WC Helsinki LGC, as I don't know for how long I'll be able to watch it. I think, if I can get a little bit tired of watching it when it disappears from Youtube, I will feel better than if I haven't watched it enough. But to this date, I don't get tired of watching and re-watching it, not the least. (Usually I stop before scores are given, they upset me so much.)

Otherwise, (mostly 4CC) Ballade is (was) n°1.

Maybe R&J 1 Nice is n°2.

Others (programs and interpretations) vary depending on my mood... I like less POTO and NDP, and R&J 2.

9 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Yuzu’s Ice Rink Sendai is scheduled to reopen June 1.

“Figure Skating Gets Back on Track” – IFS Magazine

https://www.ifsmagazine.com/figure-skating-gets-back-on-track/

I was sent this same article from Google....If one puts a "watch" on Yuzuru Hanyu, on Google, they send every possible article that has even a tiny reference to him.  Sometimes, it's just his name in an article about someone else, but, worth it.

14 hours ago, azelais said:

Which Yuzu skate do you guys rewatch the most? I always find myself rewatching 2017 Worlds Hope & Legacy for obvious reasons (specifically I like this video because it cuts out the cheering and stuff so it's just him and the music <3 ) and 2018 PC Seimei for its power, history, and that part after the last jump where Yuzu breaks character and is just smiling while he skates. :devilYuzu:

Recently? Masquerade in Makuhari. There is just sth so powerful about the way Yuzu throwing himself into the performance with wild abandonment. It reminds me so much of R&J 1.0 in Nice. It's hard to believe he only has a couple of hours to learn the choreo before the show.

47 minutes ago, barbara said:

I was sent this same article from Google....If one puts a "watch" on Yuzuru Hanyu, on Google, they send every possible article that has even a tiny reference to him.  Sometimes, it's just his name in an article about someone else, but, worth it.

Google Alert, right?

11 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Well, it's easy for me to tell, which Yuzu performances I rewatched the most, because I have a view counter in my iTunes video library :goat:

#1 128 views: Notte Stellata, Oly 2018

#2 92 views: LGC, GPF 2016

#3 76 views: Haru Yo Koi, Worlds 2019

#4 59 views: Seimei, MOI 2019

#5 52 views: Chopin, 4CC 2020

#6 49 views: Hope & Legacy, 4CC 2020

#7 49 views: Masquerade, Makuhari 2019

#8 32 views: Requiem of Heaven and Earth, Worlds 2016

#9 30 views: Parisienne Walkways, SC 2019

#10 30 views: Hope & Legacy, Worlds 2017

In a strange way, I love Yuzu's record breaking performances, but I don't rewatch them that often (4CC Chopin is the only exception).

The top 7 in this list are my happy meal or mantra or daily routine or whatever you want to call it. It's that ultimate infinite source of energy.

I love watching him pour his entire being into R&J1.0. It gives me chill everytime. Requiem just makes my heart ache each time I watch it but I just can't seem to help myself. So I watch Haru yo, Koi afterward :68556365: Notte Stellata and 4CC Chopin views are steadily increasing too. 

I wish there was a version of Requiem with just Yuzu's skating and the music, no other distraction. I wonder if you have made any video like that? If you have or plan to make one, you have my eternal gratitude :bow:

26 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

I love watching him pour his entire being into R&J1.0. It gives me chill everytime. Requiem just makes my heart ache each time I watch it but I just can't seem to help myself. So I watch Haru yo, Koi afterward :68556365: Notte Stellata and 4CC Chopin views are steadily increasing too. 

I wish there was a version of Requiem with just Yuzu's skating and the music, no other distraction. I wonder if you have made any video like that? If you have or plan to make one, you have my eternal gratitude :bow:

Actually I planned to upload various programs with music only (no commentary, clapping, screaming or other noises). It will be edited in the same style like H&L or the step sequence collection. Requiem, Notte Stellata and Haru Yo Koi are next in my list.

The spin collection is still in the making, too (I just didn't have the time to work on it recently).

Another video on my to do-list: Signature moves part 2 (possibly part 3 as well). The design and music will be similar to the first one. I'm very grateful to Brunuhville that he allowed me to use his compositions and upload my videos on YouTube with no copyright issues. It's not a given nowadays...

There will be 6 weeks summer break, so... let's see what we can do... :notamused:

54 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Actually I planned to upload various programs with music only (no commentary, clapping, screaming or other noises). It will be edited in the same style like H&L or the step sequence collection. Requiem, Notte Stellata and Haru Yo Koi are next in my list.

The spin collection is still in the making, too (I just didn't have the time to work on it recently).

Another video on my to do-list: Signature moves part 2 (possibly part 3 as well). The design and music will be similar to the first one. I'm very grateful to Brunuhville that he allowed me to use his compositions and upload my videos on YouTube with no copyright issues. It's not a given nowadays...

There will be 6 weeks summer break, so... let's see what we can do... :notamused:

Requiem??? Oh...... I adore it, even though I have yet to watch the 2016 Boston performance without getting that teary catch in the back of the throat - even before I knew about his health problems and fear of not skating again.  The emotional punch of Requiem as a whole is something few skaters could ever reach and also control the way he does.

3 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Google Alert, right?

Yes.  I get a little bummed out when it's only his name in an article about someone else, but it also means I don't have to Google his name every day to see if there's an article in a Japanese newspaper or some other place (though I still Google his name frequently just to make a point - that he's the most Googled skater, etc.).

Museums, schools and sports facilities without spectator stands are among facilities that can reopen in the first step. Professional baseball and basketball matches — without spectators — as well as small events with up to 50 people, can also be held.  (Quote from Japan Times, May 23)

A bit of good news here.  The central issue of the article was that the state of emergency is about to be lifted for the remaining prefectures - Tokyo and three adjacent prefectures and Hokkaido.  The crucial element here is that IceRink Sendai is precisely a sports facility without spectator stands.  Exactly when Yuzu's  Miyagi prefecture was released from the state of emergency I can't say but I checked on the statistics for it and one can say it would have been amongst the first to shed its emergency status.  Statistics as of today indicate that there have been just 88 confirmed cases and one death there.  With a population of well over 2 million to have so far only 88 cases means that the virus there has hardly been noticeable in terms of the impact on the healthcare facilities within the prefecture. 

In that sense I think it very likely Yuzu's been back on the ice by now, since Sendai and its environs is virtually virus-free.  Considering his generosity to the facility I have no doubt that they have worked out a schedule when he can resume training without any other skaters around him.  It is quite possible that arrangements have been made to create a video link with TCC staff so that some semblance of serious training has been established.  All in all, though, Yuzu's situation must be viewed as one many other skaters can only envy.  I'd cheer up.  I only wish Yuzu would get word out that he's back on the ice.  It would help so many of his fans who are trying to deal with the whole situation surrounding figure skating, indeed athletics in general.

On 5/23/2020 at 7:37 AM, sallycinnamon said:

Yuzu is at around 10 min mark, and there is also some interesting statistics at the end of the video.

I also noticed that Junior World Champions who became Olympic gold medalists also became GPF champions( total of 4).  Not all senior World Champions(who were JWC)  became GPF champs or Olympic champs

30 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

I also noticed that Junior World Champions who became Olympic gold medalists also became GPF champions( total of 4).  Not all senior World Champions(who were JWC)  became GPF champs or Olympic champs

It’s strange isn’t it? I never knew so few Junior World Champions continued to be among the top in seniors... juniors and seniors really are an entirely different ballgame