General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, azelais said:

Which Yuzu skate do you guys rewatch the most? I always find myself rewatching 2017 Worlds Hope & Legacy for obvious reasons (specifically I like this video because it cuts out the cheering and stuff so it's just him and the music <3 ) and 2018 PC Seimei for its power, history, and that part after the last jump where Yuzu breaks character and is just smiling while he skates. :devilYuzu:

Surely Worlds 2017 H&L for me! It was his best skate and best version of H&L not only because it was clean but also because the interpretation was amazing - for me it was his best interpretation of that program (I realised he does that program quite differently every time)

3 hours ago, azelais said:

Which Yuzu skate do you guys rewatch the most? I always find myself rewatching 2017 Worlds Hope & Legacy for obvious reasons (specifically I like this video because it cuts out the cheering and stuff so it's just him and the music <3 ) and 2018 PC Seimei for its power, history, and that part after the last jump where Yuzu breaks character and is just smiling while he skates. :devilYuzu:

I find myself re-watching the TSN coverage of Yuzu’s SP and FS at 2019 Skate Canada in Kelowna with commentary by Tracy Wilson and Rod Black because they are feel-good, Yuzu did so well and we had such a great time.

2019 Skate Canada TSN coverage of the SP and fluff:

2019 Skate Canada TSN coverage of the FS and fluff:

I also re-watch the following:

Yuzu’s SP and FS at the PyeongChang Olympics. My favourite commentator is Belinda Noonan. (The colour commentator Jim Van Horne was worse than useless. He reminded me of the Fred Willard character, Buck Laughlin, in the 2000 comedy, "Best in Show")

2017 Worlds “Hope and Legacy”.

2014 Sochi Olympics “Parisienne Walkways”.

2012 Worlds “Romeo and Juliet”.

2 hours ago, azelais said:

I watch 2012 Worlds in Nice Romeo and Juliet no.1 and POTO GPF 2014 alot. Plus the 2018 Olympics because it always makes me happy. 

9 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I've always thought this, but that 3rd picture really shows it - his turnout is so good it's scary. Any ballet satellites care to comment? 

Far from being an expert but it’s very impressive ,not just the turnout but the position of his hips,something you can see during his amazing spread eagle for example,they are alway parallel to the ground :basically his butt doesn’t stick out !also those y spirals,I’ve always been told that to bring your leg that high you need to work on your turnout from the hips so doing it without it (because otherwise he’d go around in circles)it’s pretty impressive!

The first time I saw Shizuka doing it I couldn’t believe my own eyes Lol

8 hours ago, azelais said:

LGC and PW are the ones I come back to over and over again. I've watched Origin a lot, too. I really love him in purple, I think. :love:

I've watched my share of H&L too.

On the topic of Yuzu and baseball: 

I wonder if he's ever considered doing a baseball-themed program as an Ex. 

I wonder if that would even work, if he did. I mean, I think it would have to be a comedic piece to make it work, and so far he hasn't tried that kind of thing. 

Also on the topic of programmes... it seems 4CC Chopin is the only performance Yuzu himself thinks is up to his standards? Like for other WR performances like 2017 worlds H&L and I think Sochi PW he still always sees something that he can do better in, being the perfectionist he is hahaha

4 hours ago, azelais said:

I rewatch 4CC Chopin and PC Chopin quiet often. Sometimes I find myself mentally going through all his moves again and again without actually watching the programme. It helps me to calm down when I need it. 
I also watch Skate Canada Origin and PC Seimei a lot.

It may sound strange, but the only time I've rewatched H&L was the World 2017 rebroadcast last week :headdesk:

4 hours ago, azelais said:

Well, it's easy for me to tell, which Yuzu performances I rewatched the most, because I have a view counter in my iTunes video library :goat:

#1 128 views: Notte Stellata, Oly 2018

#2 92 views: LGC, GPF 2016

#3 76 views: Haru Yo Koi, Worlds 2019

#4 59 views: Seimei, MOI 2019

#5 52 views: Chopin, 4CC 2020

#6 49 views: Hope & Legacy, 4CC 2020

#7 49 views: Masquerade, Makuhari 2019

#8 32 views: Requiem of Heaven and Earth, Worlds 2016

#9 30 views: Parisienne Walkways, SC 2019

#10 30 views: Hope & Legacy, Worlds 2017

In a strange way, I love Yuzu's record breaking performances, but I don't rewatch them that often (4CC Chopin is the only exception).

The top 7 in this list are my happy meal or mantra or daily routine or whatever you want to call it. It's that ultimate infinite source of energy.

7 hours ago, azelais said:

I think I have watched Olympic Chopin the most, not only because it's beautiful and triumphant, but because it gives me a feeling of smug satisfaction to envision all those people who had written him off and had already hung the gold around someone else's neck, being smacked across the face by that performance. I think about the NBC and USFS execs sitting there like that meme of the room on fire. "This is fine." Thanks, troll lord. :clapclap4:

4 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Yuzu’s Ice Rink Sendai is scheduled to reopen June 1.

“Figure Skating Gets Back on Track” – IFS Magazine

https://www.ifsmagazine.com/figure-skating-gets-back-on-track/

Wow, the Russians are going hardcore....athletes and coaches have to have a medical clearance and won't be permitted to leave? So they're basically taking the approach of quarantining together at a training base.  Not at bad idea at all, but I don't know of any other federation that would have the will and the resources to do it this way.