General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Dreamer said:

This is his mindset: Can do....why else would he be the first quad loop ...now ...aiming for 4A!

Truly the mind, heart and soul of a CHAMPION!!!:loveshower::softYuzu:

...and a good lesson for the rest of us on how to really do positive thinking. 

Was it Tracy who said that Yuzu's key quality is that he believes in his own abilities? This is what that means. No "I think I can". No "I might be able to, if I work hard." No "I want to do it and I'll try." Just straight up "Yeah, I can. "

It's so inspiring.

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Keegan's 3A, and his quads, are sometimes very overpowered. Other than Dmitriev, I think he's the only man who has openly acknowledged training for 4A. I personally think Keegan could do it. He's got the speed and power, and he's shorter than Yuzu so the physics of it might actually work better. But I'm not convinced he has the same level of desire to achieve it. 

Yes, Keegan has the speed and height/distance, but he lacks that absolute control in the air and the landing (some of his jumps are really scary tbh) and a 4A attempt without 100% control is suicidal, that's for sure. Currently I don't see anyone except Yuzu, who might be capable of a 4A.

Some stats of Yuzuru Hanyu's solo triple Axel in the short program (it's spooky as hell):

1. The only mistake in an international senior competition was at the Finlandia Trophy 2013 (popped into 1A).
    Since then he hasn't received a single negative raw GOE from any judge for this element.

2. Average GOE in the +/-3 system: 2.25 (of max. 3.00),    since the 15/16 season: 2.79 (of max. 3.00)
    Success rate in the +/-3 system: 39 of 40 = 97.5%

3. Average GOE in the +/-5 system: 3.43 (of max. 4.00)
    Success rate in the +/-5 system: 9 of 9 = 100%

Footnote: These average scores could be even higher without notorious underscoring.

I don't think that there is any other figure skating jump in this universe that is more consistent and of higher quality than Yuzu's SP solo 3A.

I mean... get that. Yuzu landed 48 clean triple Axels in 49 short programs in 10 senior seasons.

Chapeau. :notamused:

6 hours ago, Fay said:

Guys, in two weeks they are showing GPF 2015! Well, they are starting in 8 days... 

I think someone at the channel looked at the viewing figures for 2017 Worlds (as distinct from 2018). What's the betting NHK 2015 and Worlds 2012 appear quite soon?

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

I think someone at the channel looked at the viewing figures for 2017 Worlds (as distinct from 2018). What's the betting NHK 2015 and Worlds 2012 appear quite soon?

I really hope so! I enjoyed worlds 2017 so much! I somehow missed it in 2017...I think my dvr didn't record or something...I never knew when figure skating was coming on back then as I wasn't a Yuzuru fan yet. 

11 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

"Well it's only 17 centimeters..." :hihi:

And to think that he was thinking that way back in 2017. Who looks at a holographic projection of themselves doing a superhuman feat and thinks, "Oh yeah, not so bad, I can do that for sure!" Only Yuzu. 

I'd be incredibly intimidated by my own holographic image lol :crazyshit:

A random question:

I am watching some videos of Yuzu drawing the skating order and notice that Japanese skaters always sit in the front row. It doesn't seem to follow the alphabetical order in English. Do you if there is some sort of order they are following?

:wut:

9 hours ago, Paskud said:

If you could ask Ghislain about one aspect of Yuzuru's skating, what it would be? :)

Why is his 3A the best jump in the Milky Way, the delayed single Axel bigger than Mount Everest, the unjumpable quad Axel on the way, BUT POOR BABY DOUBLE AXEL EREASED FROM YUZURU HANYU'S SKATING MANUAL. As Double-chan I would feel offended. :68811363:

2 hours ago, CaroSkate said:

A random question:

I am watching some videos of Yuzu drawing the skating order and notice that Japanese skaters always sit in the front row. It doesn't seem to follow the alphabetical order in English. Do you if there is some sort of order they are following?

:wut:

I got the impression that the order was that of World standing. As Yuzuru Hanyu is often first, and never less than second, Japanese men sit in front row.

But I have never seen anything official (nor have I watched a lot of draws, I confess).

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Why is his 3A the best jump in the Milky Way, the delayed single Axel bigger than Mount Everest, the unjumpable quad Axel on the way, BUT POOR BABY DOUBLE AXEL EREASED FROM YUZURU HANYU'S SKATING MANUAL. As Double-chan I would feel offended.

If I remember correctly (correct me if I'm wrong) Yuzu, when he was retraining himself after the long, long weeks after his injury heard around the world, was trying to work himself back on his axels and was having great difficulty doing the double axel (which basically he never does) until someone had the bright idea to skip the double and go straight to the triple, which he did and did successfully.  Basically the double axel was a jump that interfered with his body's memory of doing the triple axel.  Sometimes forgetting something is required to remember a more important something.