General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I had forgotten. Bless you for reminding me. 

Looks like he updated the choreo for this version. 

And we can clearly see that the trashbag pants have become more, uh, ...tailored... in fit. :coolio:

How did he even get into those pants?  (Or out of them, for that matter?) My mother would have said that they look painted on or that he was "poured" into them.  At least that's how she described me in tight pants. And to think this is the same guy who gave us Chopin.  Wow.

21 minutes ago, barbara said:

How did he even get into those pants?  (Or out of them, for that matter?) My mother would have said that they look painted on or that he was "poured" into them.  At least that's how she described me in tight pants. And to think this is the same guy who gave us Chopin.  Wow.

No, no, no, they fit exactly correctly. If he was 'poured into them', he wouldn't be able to move in them.

At least, that's what I always thought 'poured into' meant - so tight that moving is impossible and/or risks splitting a seam. 

16 hours ago, TallyT said:

The thing is, yes, Yuzu does have a lunatic fringe in his fandom. So does every other major skater and pretty much every other fandom, whether sporting, media or whatever. And in my experience most tend to be more or less the same percentage of the whole (with some exceptions, of course)

But Yuzu is so popular that his lunatic fringe alone is bigger than any other male skater's whole fandom.  Even Shoma and Takahashi, and definitely more than say Patrick or Nathan or Boyang.  What the naysayers don't like to acknowledge is that the good and wellbehaved and appreciative percentage of Yuzuru's fan body is way way more huge than pretty much anyone's this millenium except Yuna: that without them, the men would all be skating in emptier rinks and all to far less cheering and applause.  The commentators have noted quite often that the Japanese fans are there for Yuzu - and Shoma - but cheer the rest with way more enthusiasm than most other group could manage (witness the Russian fans at Sochi)

Also... to put it bluntly - the taste of the sour grapes must be unpleasant for them.

Oh I understand that LOL. But still, I also get it when someone say a certain part of the fandom makes them hate the fandom and the skater, because that certain part is just so, so nasty. I was lucky I got to know Yuzu by his skating and not by the fandom (the bad side). For some other skaters, it is unfortunately the other way around. They make me feel so unwelcomed and frankly sometimes stressed. 

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

No, no, no, they fit exactly correctly. If he was 'poured into them', he wouldn't be able to move in them.

At least, that's what I always thought 'poured into' meant - so tight that moving is impossible and/or risks splitting a seam. 

I wasn't complaining about the fit. Perfect. There was zero stretch in fabric in the old, olden days when I was being criticized for the fit of my pants.

2 hours ago, Kat said:

Does anyone have the infamous clip where Shoma falls asleep and Yuzuru kinda glares/stares at him? Vague, I know, but I lost my saved copy of it 😭

I'm not sure which clip you're referring to, but it seems to me that Shoma fell asleep with some frequency.

7 hours ago, Veveco said:

If I understand correctly,  TV Asahi will broadcast some old JGP on Saturday. Hi, baby mushroom. 

Who os the kiddie second from the left?

I hope someone will be able to tape it, I am missing Fantasy on Ice already.... :8122879:

15 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I thought that was only his upper body.

I’m obviously no expert, but I’m guessing bulking for the 4A would probably involve his lower body as well! There’s a TV program from a while ago that included this hologram thing and they told Yuzu he has to jump 17cm higher to achieve his 4A haha so I guess to achieve that much more height in the jump he would need more strength in his legs, probably the quadriceps.

And of course he has been bulking his upper body as he needs more pectoralis strength to pull in the arms faster and stronger :) 

7 hours ago, barbara said:

I'm not sure which clip you're referring to, but it seems to me that Shoma fell asleep with some frequency.

Lol! This is true. Sorry, yesterday was awful for me and some issues cropped up so I didnt finish my thoughts.

The clip I'm hunting for, was during a skate draw I believe. He fell-or started to fall asleep pretty obviously in his seat, attracting glances from his neighbors. Camera panned out and Yuzuru was staring at him from like a row or two ahead. I've seen it as a gif a few times, but of course now I cant find it.

1 hour ago, yuzuru_hanyu_is_an_angel said:

he is incredibly determined isn't he

just watching him say 'i think i can jump it' gives me mental chills

He really is! Tbh if I were him I’d freak out if they told me I had to jump 17cm higher and takeoff with 10% more speed but he just went like oh 17cm is just the length of my hair 😂

51 minutes ago, Kat said:

Lol! This is true. Sorry, yesterday was awful for me and some issues cropped up so I didnt finish my thoughts.

The clip I'm hunting for, was during a skate draw I believe. He fell-or started to fall asleep pretty obviously in his seat, attracting glances from his neighbors. Camera panned out and Yuzuru was staring at him from like a row or two ahead. I've seen it as a gif a few times, but of course now I cant find it.

I got curious about this and accdg to this article it was the pyeongchang team disbandment ceremony. It was a segment of Going! sports & news on march 24, 2018 if the google translate is correct. Now I just need to find that news report.