General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

casually dropping the bomb at the post- medal news conference that he was on painkillers the whole time

I feel like I've read something like this so many times already but still haven't seen the actual press con video. Was it the japan national press club or the foreign correspondents club or something else? :)

I became a fan of Yuzuru right before the 2018 Olympics, but after he got injured so that my first comp to watch as a fan. I was so nervous!!!  I talked about it for weeks afterwards to my family saying over and over "I'm so glad Yuzuru won!". 

2 hours ago, mokjakarma said:

I feel like I've read something like this so many times already but still haven't seen the actual press con video. Was it the japan national press club or the foreign correspondents club or something else? :)

No, it was the one at the Olympics itself. It was literally the next day after the medal ceremony or something like that. It's infamous for the moderator telling the press that Yuzu would answer English questions in English and his reaction was :english1::english2: , then later :8:. Literally. This emoji is taken from that very moment. 

Here, I found it:

If that's not it, then it was the one after the SP, which I can't seem to find on YouTube, 

but the Planet has it:

2 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

I don't understand Japanese but it seems to have something to do with rule changes?

I can't read it but my guess is the three jump-chans are coming to the realization that they're all equal and what does it mean, and Pooh is concerned. 

After Javi's latest interview and the rewind of Worlds 2017 in Helsinki I thought a little about his friendship with Yuzu. We as fans will probably never know the whole story, only those few snippets of their public appearances, but I think "soulmates" describes their friendship the best.

For me the most vivid and memorable moments were their stroking exercises on the ice together. Especially that one practice session in Pyeongchang and the snippets of their sbs skate in the Cricket Club. It's hard to explain in words, but whenever Yuzu and Javi skated together, it felt like they completely forgot about rivalry and just enjoyed the moment. Like two virtuosi, who found and completed each other.

It reminds me a little of the great friendship between the two cellists, Stjepan Hauser and Luka Sulic. They probably spend much more time together than Yuzu and Javi, but both duos share the same passion and understand each other without words. A friendship like this is so valuable and I hope they will treasure it, wherever their paths will lead them :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

#Footnote: I love 2Cellos so much. :dancingpooh:

12 時間前, CiONTUw4Aさんが言いました:

I don't understand Japanese but it seems to have something to do with rule changes?

3密会議 plus 1蜜 - San-mitsu kaigi plus ichi-mitsu - three dense meeting plus one honey.  Agenda:  Rule Changes

(Actually, this is a sort of pun.  Three dense conditions (closed, crowded, and close-contact) are what we have been told to avoid not to make a cluster of coronavirus infections.)

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/3つの密

From left:  Pooh who has gained weight while staying home.

Lutzn:  I can get the highest GOE.

Loopn:   Let's compete who can get the highest score.

Flipn:  I can jump too.

4 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

3密会議 plus 1蜜 - San-mitsu kaigi plus ichi-mitsu - three dense meeting plus one honey

(Actually, this is a sort of pan.  Three dense conditions (closed, crowded, and close-contact) are what we have been told to avoid not to make a cluster of coronavirus infections.)

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/3つの密

From left:  Pooh who has gained weight while staying home.

Lutzn:  I can get the highest GOE.

Loopn:   Let's compete who can get the highest score.

Flipn:  I can jump too.

Thanks so much.