General Yuzuru Chat

11 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Well he has won 100% gold in Finland competitions (WC2017, GP Helsinki, Finlandia 2012, Finlandia 2013) so yes you can bet he loves Finland a lot X)

Happened to chance across this VERY old video of Yuzu... all the way back when he was doing single jumps lol

And wow he already seemed like an ambitious child then! The way he raised the trophy haha

His first international competition was also in Finland, just days after he turned 10 years old :)  (Santa Claus Cup, 2004 in Tampere, Finland).

tishXIg.png

(x)

That's five out of 5! No wonder if he loves Finland :) 

5 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

How that everyone know that he is in Japan? 

He is in Japan.  Some people, obviously, do know.  He and his mother flew back right after TCC closed. You don't have to trust me, but I did hear this from a trusted friend of one of his "people".  And, of course, he went home.  It would be too sad to think of him trapped in his apartment away from his family for these months, don't you think?  There really is more a question of when he'll be able to get back to Toronto.

7 hours ago, Songster01 said:

Hey, I am just sharing local info on what's going on regarding sports and one Torontonian's POV on that info, because it might shed some light on the likelihood of whether Yuzuru might be permitted to come to TCC by early July.  You are free to think and feel as you want about that information, but please don't tell me how to feel about such an important issue as this, for it involves policies that guard the safety of my country, province, and city.  Personally, I don't WANT anyone to _not_ be quarantined when they come to Canada for the foreseeable future (by which I mean before a safe and effective vaccine comes out for ordinary folks here, or a powerful antiviral treatment is found and widely available, which is likely in 2021 sometime at the very earliest).  Repatriated Canadians, Yuzu, his mom, or any non-essential visitor having to follow sensible quarantine rules seems less a matter of pessimism or optimism over the presence of COVID-19 in the world come late June/early July, and more a case of me being optimistic that the local authorities care enough for our essential workers and most vulnerable citizens to not loosen our border closure too early, and to not do away with our quarantine rules that are definitely helping keep local residents safe.  Note: I don't think Yuzu and his family would want to be given any kind of uniquely exceptional treatment in this context.  Nor would I want them come here only to have to worry about their safety because the feds and province underestimated community spread here, or opened things up before we had sufficient testing and tracing capacity for a much more open society (not going into that here in detail, but everything I've seen suggests that we are improving, but we are also not there yet).

I suspect you were not trying to be flippant, but I've had American relatives asking me repeatedly when Canada will do them the favor of opening up ASAP for their own convenience.  Canada only should re-open broadly when it is safe and sensible to do so for the people who are here and not just because a non-resident like my relatives wants to be able to drive a shorter route to their seasonal residence, or so a favorite elite athlete can get to their usual training centre on time. 

I was not trying to be flippant at all - and I'm sorry if you felt that.  I'm just a distressingly unhappy American in a country run by a buffoon who threatens our health and our democracy more and more every day.  I totally respect how the Canadian gov't is handing this truly unusual situation (in so many ways, your gov't is being sensible and helpful to it's citizens). I fear that being an American is going to make me a pariah anywhere in the world - if I was in charge of the safety of people in a foreign country right now, a US citizen would be the last one I'd allow in.

I'm sorry your American relatives have been bugging you about the border opening up.  I am not one of them.   I was going to be going to Vancouver in early May.  And one of my dearest friends lives in NS and I love to spend time there, especially in the summer.  I am deeply saddened that I likely won't be able to go either place for some time.  I am deeply saddened that I am unable to travel, period.  And even more saddened that I can't even see my son who lives in LA and whose entire industry is going to be one of the last to open up.

Science and research will surprise us with the speed they tackle this pandemic.  I have faith in that.  And I really, really need to hold on to the hope that a time will come, sooner rather than later, when something like normal returns and Yuzu can train (and stay healthy) and I will one day get to seem him live again.  I am not unrealistic, just trying to be a little bit hopeful because a person needs to have something to look forward to.

4 hours ago, barbara said:

Science and research will surprise us with the speed they tackle this pandemic.  I have faith in that.  And I really, really need to hold on to the hope that a time will come, sooner rather than later, when something like normal returns and Yuzu can train (and stay healthy) and I will one day get to seem him live again.  I am not unrealistic, just trying to be a little bit hopeful because a person needs to have something to look forward to.

and amen to that,we got to be a little positive,I too hope for the next season and for  a healthy Yuzuru because i really want to go to Worlds,and then i want to see my country back to normal again and surviving this human and economical tragedy so I need to believe in science and into the amazing work of all the people researching and fighting this damn virus!

And on the higher note how cute was Yuzuru in front of that Christmas tree?

5 hours ago, barbara said:

I was not trying to be flippant at all - and I'm sorry if you felt that.  I'm just a distressingly unhappy American in a country run by a buffoon who threatens our health and our democracy more and more every day.  I totally respect how the Canadian gov't is handing this truly unusual situation (in so many ways, your gov't is being sensible and helpful to it's citizens). I fear that being an American is going to make me a pariah anywhere in the world - if I was in charge of the safety of people in a foreign country right now, a US citizen would be the last one I'd allow in.

:consoling2: I feel for you. I am in a country that has gotten off incredibly lightly (though thanks to OUR leader's big mouth vis a vis China, may not do so economically) but is talking about not opening the borders till close to the end of the year. We are not even admitting approved temporary residents who were visiting their homes when the borders closed, which I think is cruel but the government is adamant.

I look at the numbers in your country and elsewhere and feel like crying.

Luckily the first skating competition for ages to be held in Australia, the 4CC, won't be till early next year, so fingers crossed.  The GPF series , I can't see Skate Canada and Skate America going ahead and if not, the whole series has to be a washout.

8 hours ago, barbara said:

in a country run by a buffoon who threatens our health and our democracy more and more every day.

I'm on the other side of the world, and I feel you so much. It's hard when your leaders aren't thinking straight. I really hope people will stay safe and that we'd get less and less casualties from this pandemic. Yuzu, wherever you are, please wash your hands and help disinfect your groceries. :wave:

12 hours ago, barbara said:

He is in Japan.  Some people, obviously, do know.  He and his mother flew back right after TCC closed. You don't have to trust me, but I did hear this from a trusted friend of one of his "people".  And, of course, he went home.  It would be too sad to think of him trapped in his apartment away from his family for these months, don't you think?  There really is more a question of when he'll be able to get back to Toronto.

Well, we are now going back to the path of ``a friend of a friend of the acquintance of some team trusted member...`` and `` don`t you think it would be tragic to assume...`` kind of hearsaying stuff. I personally think that IF someone really knows something and is trustfully connected to the matter of interest, they will definitely NOT say anything at all. There!

3 hours ago, Paskud said:

Guys, I need to tell you something.😳

I miss he.😔

I thought there was a video or something in that blank space and it wasn’t loading for some reason and I was staring at it for the longest time HAHA 🙈

18 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

I thought there was a video or something in that blank space and it wasn’t loading for some reason and I was staring at it for the longest time HAHA 🙈

Staring in blank space and waiting eternity for new Zuzu content is actually a peak fanyu experience.:68468287:

That's exactly what we all are doing right now...

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

we know, Max, we know ...

And wasn't this Let's go Crazy the most underscored short program at all?
Because after all, this more than 50% of the body weight transfer was not there (he transferred less than 40%), so the call was inaccurate, and this only, meant so many points lost, directly and indirectly. And I suppose he was otherwise "underscored the usual way", with not-so-high GOEs for perfect jumps, etc? (I am rather ignorant about current scoring system, but really utterly ignorant about the previous one.)

Not to speak of the performance, interpretation and originality which had a fair claim to the maximum thanks to the superb fixing to this very mistake, which could have been done on purpose to fit Let's Go Crazy, while it was obviously improvised : the mark of genius, and of a masterpiece, to make history.

It is said that he never skated LGC clean, but sorry, this was better than clean.