General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, azelais said:

Funny you should post that! I just finished watching this video from the 2018 Olympics where he talks about how awesome and difficult Yuzu's jumps are and how he deserves higher GOE. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I love how the entries and exits are detailed in this video - we can really see how 1)exquisite and difficult Yuzu's jumps are and 2)how insanely underscored he is - even compared to the next closest skaters.  No one skates a complete, difficult FULL program like Yuzuru does.

2 hours ago, barbara said:

I love how the entries and exits are detailed in this video - we can really see how 1)exquisite and difficult Yuzu's jumps are and 2)how insanely underscored he is - even compared to the next closest skaters.  No one skates a complete, difficult FULL program like Yuzuru does.

Honestly Yuzu's entries and exits are probably the single most stand-out thing to me about his skating style. It's what first attracted me to him as a skater in the first place. I hate when skaters take forever to set up a jump - it always feels jarring in the context of the music and totally ruins the immersion and flow of the rest of the program. Of course, I understand that jumps are an immense athletic effort and require some sort of set up, but the way Yuzu does them makes them feel more like part of the choreography and expression of the music rather than just something shoehorned in there. 

41 minutes ago, azelais said:

Honestly Yuzu's entries and exits are probably the single most stand-out thing to me about his skating style. It's what first attracted me to him as a skater in the first place. I hate when skaters take forever to set up a jump - it always feels jarring in the context of the music and totally ruins the immersion in and flow of the rest of the program. Of course, I understand that jumps are an immense athletic effort and require some sort of set up, but the way Yuzu does them makes them feel more like part of the choreography and expression of the music rather than just something shoehorned in there. 

Agreed! With Yuzu’s skating the spins and jumps all feel like a part of the choreography which blends into the performance

For some other skaters it feels like these technical elements are just stuff they have to get through in order to get the points, but Yuzu makes it art

24 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

For some other skaters it feels like these technical elements are just stuff they have to get through in order to get the points

and with fear on their faces sometimes

On 5/15/2020 at 7:28 PM, Veveco said:

I've seen this cover pop up a lot today. Is it new? If it's not, I'll still post it to cleanse the thread :D

The words next to his GORGEOUS face "美しさは正義" means "Beauty is justice". Just how fit is that :war: That's why this cover becomes a thing :agree2:. Fanyus also trend this tag for beautiful Yuzu pics:

1 hour ago, monchan said:

The words next to his GORGEOUS face "美しさは正義" means "Beauty is justice". Just how fit is that :war: That's why this cover becomes a thing :agree2:. Fanyus also trend this tag for beautiful Yuzu pics:

That magazine cover has done wonders and that tag has been blessing my TL with beautiful Yuzu~ not to mention WC 2017 re-stream with LGC and H&L galore. I'm eternally grateful :68556365::tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw: