General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, river said:

Hey, at least POTO made the video! Meanwhile Zig is off in the corner crying because he's the only one left out entirely.

For Zig, I think Yuzu wanted to emphasize the post-3.11 period by beginning with the first program he skated after the disaster (White Legend) and then the first program whose creation was inspired by the disaster (Etude).

When looking at his body of work as a whole, White Legend is the program that (for me) marks the end of his childhood and the beginning of his adulthood as a skater. Zig, with the mama strawberry costume, was very sweet but had a juniorish feeling, and seems like it belongs to a different and more carefree period in his life, whereas WL made the transition from before to after. So I can see why he left Zig out.

Anyway, Zig got highlighted in Ciontu and even got its costume, so I'm sure it's fine. :D 

1 時間前, CaroSkateさんが言いました:

NDP was probably my least favorite among Yuzu's programs, even though I love the musical. However, when I watched the clip today, I thought: "Wait, is it really NDP? Why is it suddenly so beautiful?" :confused0068:

After comparing it with the original version, I realized that he had added more details to it to make it better. Maybe he will skate an improved version of NDP in some future shows.

I realized the same when I watched the EX in 2013, as I had also thought NDP was just a kind of training program for Yuzuru as mentioned by David Willson. 

It's a great program really. 

Yuzu's video today was impressive... For me, it speaks of his dedication to skating (what he does), to his fans, to the recovery cause he's championed so much...

The effort he put into it speaks volumes about him, the attention to details is beyond imagination and the fact that he managed to evoke such powerful feelings with just snippets from each of his programs shows how much attachment his fans have for what's meaningful in his life.

I think the mood of this video is very appropriate for the times we are living right now. I think he speaks from the heart, without the need for any words.

24 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

I realized the same when I watched the EX in 2013, as I also thought NDP was just a kind of training program for Yuzuru as mentioned by David Willson. 

It's a great program really. 

Wow! NDP was used as an EX program and I didn't know? And more than that: he skated it in France at Eric Bompard and with such amazing quality on top?

Thank you so much for the link, @SuzyQ !! This really made my day :cri:

#Footnote: The opening jump was a quad Toe, right? A TEXTBOOK quad Toe in an EX gala. And two triple Axels right after. And all this back in 2013, when only a handful of skaters could land these jumps in competition. The whole performance was so awesome, definitely the best version of NDP I've seen so far.

I think this edit is just perfect because Yuzu is such a great creator of art. He's a master of bringing forth his ideas and thoughts into the world.

I just watched the Skate Forward videos and I have to say that my mind is absolutely blown. I could only guess what he'd do for this series and knew that he'd surprise and delight us. To be honest, even just a couple of nice words from him would've made me happy.

But what he put into the world exceeded all expectations I had. Yuzu has already shown to us time after time that he's basically the very definition of the word extra, someone who always goes the extra mile and creates masterpiece after masterpiece. Yet these videos have proven that even he can go one step further still.

Yuzu must've put so much time, energy and thought into creating all this. All the meticulous planning and perfect execution, the set-up, the ideas, the editing, all of these are the result of a genius mind, a brave soul and a diligent body.

Whenever I think I could not possibly be more impressed by Yuzu, he proves me wrong and goes one little step or even one huge leap further. Because of this, I'm confident that he will keep on competing and gracing us with his beauty, creativity, ideas and his heart and soul. I can feel that he has so much more to give and share with the world. I feel blessed and lucky to be able to live in the era of Yuzuru Hanyu and I look forward to all the art and beauty he comes up with in the future. :loveshower:

3 hours ago, river said:

"...we recommend you give it a go from the comforts of your home."

looks at the high kick from Etude

So the Olympic Channel just wants us all to get injured?

Trying that kick with any enthusiasm at all would result in regret and a limp for days.

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Our Planet today, after long days of drought and quarantine. I love the new Yuzu content. :loveeyes:

blooming cactus

Lovely - but, as a desert resident with some familiarity with dozens and dozens of blooming cactus, I can say that this is manipulated - there are no deep blue cactus flowers, for starters. Interesting photo tough.... Cactus flowers are extraordinary in their variety and complexity and colors.  But never blue.

So CEO revealed his business plan at the ad-hoc Town-hall today!  :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Key notes are:

- recap performance in the last 9 years

- test interns if they can work out the calculation (“it took a total of 311 seconds, and was published at 3pm 6th May thus 3, 6+5=11”)

- inspire people to increase productivity (“I just knew they would quickly compile cuts of the original programs and do a side-by-side comparison! Plus different fanarts...”)

- lead by example to continue innovation and advancement (“dont see you that every gesture /performance is so uniquely matched with the music and a signature by itself that people can easily recognise each program without much words?”)

- look forward to what is upcoming from the Autumn /Winter collection... (“you will see a lot of things “not shown here” today, guess what?  just be patient and work hard to overcome 311 or pandemic challenges first please!”)

Q&As from audience:  

- is this the corner where you perform image training at nights, and where you said you hit the wall (or something) and woke up Mama Hanyu occasionally? 

- where is Pooh-san?

:dancingpooh: