General Yuzuru Chat

I woke up this morning and looked at @skatingjapan twitter account straight away ...... I then :grin_clapping::sadPooh::cheer::heart::yahoo:for the next 5 hours on twitter, PH, IG, even sat out in the sun with a glass of wine and my phone at lunch time to watch the genius again and again.

I am working at home today ..... not 

@rockstaryuzu - Hamilton as a pundit at PC really got on my nerves - he’s like the Tim Daggett of skating (or maybe Daggett is the Hamilton of gymnastics, not sure of their respective timelines) - obnoxiously patriotic 

14 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Olympic channel picking up the Yuzu content again 🤣

"...we recommend you give it a go from the comforts of your home."

looks at the high kick from Etude

So the Olympic Channel just wants us all to get injured?

25 minutes ago, river said:

So the Olympic Channel just wants us all to get injured?

Maybe that's why the Olympic Channel doesn't offer this as a new challenge (like the #LikeAFigureSkater challenge, if you remember that) :unsure:

I just realized once again how iconic and memorable Yuzu's poses and choreos are. Especially some opening poses like in Seimei, Origin, Otonal or R&J 1.0... you already know, which program it is, before the music has even started to play. This is so cool.

It's also interesting to see how most skaters submitted skating videos - either at the ice rink or outdoors on rollerblades. And then there is Yuzuru Hanyu dancing with sneakers in front of a blank wall. Boss. :coolio:

21分鐘前, fyere0說:

Yuzuru just makes up some stuff for NDP and it's better than what he was actually given :D :D :D 

I am so delighted. He put a lot of time and effort into making something he knew would make people happy.

NDP was probably my least favorite among Yuzu's programs, even though I love the musical. However, when I watched the clip today, I thought: "Wait, is it really NDP? Why is it suddenly so beautiful?" :confused0068:

After comparing it with the original version, I realized that he had added more details to it to make it better. Maybe he will skate an improved version of NDP in some future shows.

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

@rockstaryuzu - Hamilton as a pundit at PC really got on my nerves - he’s like the Tim Daggett of skating (or maybe Daggett is the Hamilton of gymnastics, not sure of their respective timelines) - obnoxiously patriotic 

Oh. The only American coverage of PC I watched was Adam Rippon and Leslie Jones &A tiny little bit of Johnny and Tara but otherwise I avoided. I dislike Scott H on general principles to begin with so never watch him

I was getting very little sleep during the men’s competition at PC - I had to stay up til the small hours and then couldn’t sleep so I watched everything I could find in English and really regretted it at times.  Should have stuck with Belinda.🤷🏼‍♀️