General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

I don't think a compulsory untested vaccine would be a good solution. It could do more harm than the virus itself.

Let's see how things go on.

And many thanks to AxelSandwich for this new translation of hers, in so little time.

Clearly I am not advocating for any unproven, untested vaccine to be distributed and promoted.  There are vaccines being tested right now - for safety first, then efficacy.  I know it is highly unlikely and a reasonable timeframe for an effective vaccine is a couple of years, if lucky.  But, you never know.  I can hope.  (And while I would be beyond disappointed if the season is cancelled, there are more real life, right now, concerns I have with the spread of this virus and how it has impacted people I know and am related to.  But, as I am not a practicing microbiologist or epidemiologist, hoping is my best approach.)

34 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Maybe he's not in a mood for new videos? With the state of emergency being extended to May 31st, maybe Sendai Rink won't reopen next Wednesday as planned (though they may have already started to make the ice), though at the moment there is no update on the rink's site.

Edit Here an old one (probably from 2015-2016) showing a kimono/haori suit, with five kamon (his), which I hadn't seen before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD2KfB2976k

(Youtube didn't allow embedding this video.)

Yeah I wouldn't blame him. I sing and have tried to do some video for friends and its very hard just looking into a camera instead of seeing actual people. It can be frustrating too. I get too picky about things and end up doing it over and over till I'm too tired to do it anymore. 

1小時前, SitTwizzle說:

Maybe he's not in a mood for new videos? With the state of emergency being extended to May 31st, maybe Sendai Rink won't reopen next Wednesday as planned (though they may have already started to make the ice), though at the moment there is no update on the rink's site.

I wonder if he does roller skating when no ice is available. Quite a lot of ice skaters are doing it at the moment. Though I have heard that the balance is a bit different, so it may not be that beneficial.

:13877886:

9 minutes ago, CaroSkate said:

I wonder if he does roller skating when no ice is available. Quite a lot of ice skaters are doing it at the moment. Though I have heard that the balance is a bit different, so it may not be that beneficial.

:13877886:

Yeah I don't know if he'd have a place to do it anyway.. Yeah I've been wondering too what he does off ice. 

4 hours ago, holina said:

Where’s our Kose beauty blogger?!

:devilYuzu:

Yeah some beauty blogs would be wonderful right now. Would love to see how he's going to top 'I like cats.'

Come to think of it, if Yuzu wanted a cat, now might just be the right time to get one. When else will he have this much non-skating time available to give to a pet? 

13 minutes ago, yude said:

Look at the end of the video, I think we'll have Yuzuru next! (nice trumpet, Wakaba!)

Omg that definitely has to be Yuzu!! I mean seriously who else does this hahaha

I love how the Seimei pose is so unique and so iconic that it’s like Yuzu’s symbol (one of his many symbols haha including Pooh)

13 hours ago, Fay said:

Someone on the reddit came up with this - thank you whoever made it! 

I love this so much! They did such a great job at shortening the program, taking out mostly small bits that are hard to catch while keeping the feel of the program intact. I'm sad the change of edge spread eagle at 3:21 was taken out and the really low extended leg sit spin portion of the last spin, but I understand why they were cut. I like the really quick pivot at 1:38! It didn't really seem to save any time, but it looks cool. Also, wow, it's amazing how little time he had to recover from the 3F. He landed, took a breath, and went straight into the spin. Awesome!