General Yuzuru Chat

14 minutes ago, CaroSkate said:

I just took a look at the statistics of ISU world standings in Wiki (not updated for 2019/20 season yet):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISU_World_Standings_and_Season's_World_Ranking_statistics

I didn't know that it was introduced so recently in 2000. Even before this season, Yuzu has had the record for

- Most Number of seasons as season-end No. 1

- Most Number of consecutive seasons as season-end No. 1

- Youngest skaters who are the No. 1 in the season-end standings

With this season, he breaks the record for the oldest skater in No. 1 too. Literally broken all the records there.

:ohmygod:

For some reason when I click on this it says he hold record for 5 consecutive seasons end ranking, which is not true. He has 5 consecutive world standings and 4 non consecutive seasons end (if ISU decides 4cc is really the last comp for 19/20 season). The wiki seems to be updated incorrectly. Not that it makes a difference that he holds both records though. 

11 minutes ago, CaroSkate said:

I just took a look at the statistics of ISU world standings in Wiki (not updated for 2019/20 season yet):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISU_World_Standings_and_Season's_World_Ranking_statistics

I didn't know that it was introduced so recently in 2000. Even before this season, Yuzu has had the record for

With this season, he breaks the record for the oldest skater in No. 1 too. Literally broken all the records there.

Considering the technical explosion and demographic change in single skating... it's very likely that Yuzu will hold the record for oldest no. 1 for quite a while. Especially, if he manages to keep his no. 1 spot in the world standings next season.

4 minutes ago, monchan said:

Lmaooo this is so random and so extra, just like him. Yuzu must be like "I must break EVERY possible record, even the age record no one can stand before me in any table" :003:

In my opinion, he must have broken a great many underscoring world records too.

Its just amazing how long of a career Yuzu has had. People can say he isnt dominant all they want because he did lose a couple world titles and other major or small competitions throughout his career, but if we look at it from a grand scheme of thing such as worlds standing and seasons end (which I dont believe speaks entirely to someone's performance but is a relatively objective way to show consistency of performance) you could see he has been on top for so long. 5 times being number 1 and about 4 other times being 2nd or 3rd. As long as he is consistent again this coming season he will stay on top. 

There are so many skaters who were dominant for one or two seasons (some more given than earned) but after that they just could not sustain their career. And by that I mean they cant even get a chance to make it to gpf or worlds. While with Yuzu, even when he lost a competition, you cant ever count him out for the possibility to medal and not just medal but win. He is either a defender or a perfect challenger. And even in those seasons where he did not win worlds or he wasnt #1 for seasons end or worlds standing, we know its due to a numerous of external factors (judging, injuries, lack of competition, sickness) so it means that if he is in perfect condition and given the right scores, he would have been undefeatable. But even when all of this happened, he was still able to break the most records in almost any major categories (scores, standings, ranking). And with every bad season, it still ended with some sort of silver lining (world records, more and better quads, super slam) that we just cant say Hanyu is over. 

and yeah sorry Yuzu I know it will sound frustrating to you because your standards are so much higher for yourself but you'll be a legend to me no matter what you think about yourself

5 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Its just amazing how long of a career Yuzu has had. People can say he isnt dominating all they want because he did lose a couple world titles and other major or small competitions throughout his career, but if we look at it from a grand scheme of thing such as worlds standing and seasons end (which I dont believe speaks entirely to someone's performance but is a relatively objective way to show consistency of performance) you could see he has been on top for so long. 5 times being number 1 and about 4 other times being 2nd or 3rd. As long as he is consistent again this coming season he will stay on top. 

There are so many skaters who were dominant for one or two seasons (some more given than earned) but after that they just could not sustain their career. And by that I mean they cant even get a chance to make it to gpf or worlds. While with Yuzu, even when he lost a competition, you cant ever count him out for the possibility to medal and not just medal but win. He is either a defender or a perfect challenger. And even in those seasons where he did not win worlds or he wasnt #1 for seasons end or worlds standing, we know its due to a numerous of external factors (judging, injuries, lack of competition, sickness) so it means that if he is in perfect condition and given the right scores, he would have been undefeatable. But even when all of this happened, he was still able to break the most records in almost any major categories (scores, standings, ranking). And with every bad season, it still ended with some sort of silver lining (world records, more and better quads, super slam) that we just cant say Hanyu is over. 

Honestly speaking. When +90% of every official press conference is yours, you are definitely the most dominant skater.  :ummm:

And Yuzuru Hanyu hasn't missed any medalists' press conference since NHK 2014. Just saying. :goat:

3 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Honestly speaking. When +90% of every official press conference is yours, you are definitely the most dominant skater.  :ummm:

And Yuzuru Hanyu hasn't missed any medalists' press conference since NHK 2014. Just saying. :goat:

Sooooo :goat: 

And even when you got 2nd place you got the most questions and media time 

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

Sooooo :goat: 

And even when you got 2nd place you got the most questions and media time 

In other words:

Even if he is not the winner, he is still the winner.  :xD:

The thing is:

Yuzuru Hanyu is beatable on the scoresheet, but not on the ice. Even if he makes mistakes or finishes second, the magic moment is his. Wherever he competes, the biggest attention, expectation and pressure is on him. Always. He is the most anticipated and celebrated competitor in every event. That makes him the most dominant skater of his era.

3 hours ago, CaroSkate said:

Wait, Nathan was at the top of the standings at season’s end, so I think we’re calling that record a little prematurely. Now that we’re in a new season, Yuzu is back in the top spot. But he should be nearly impossible to catch this season with the lead he has, so by the end of the season he really will be the oldest to ever be ranked first at season’s end at age 26.

2 minutes ago, river said:

Wait, Nathan was at the top of the standings at season’s end, so I think we’re calling that record a little prematurely. Now that we’re in a new season, Yuzu is back in the top spot. But he should be nearly impossible to catch this season with the lead he has, so by the end of the season he really will be the oldest to ever be ranked first at season’s end at age 26.

Yuzu is 1st in both rankings though, World and 19-20 season. 

一小時前, river說:

World standings and season standings are different. The current world standings are as of season 20-21.

Oh, so all those world standing counts should be made before removing the season 17-18?

I am sorry if I have confused anyone in my original post and I will edit it.

Nevertheless, still congratz to Yuzu for being No. 1 as a 25 year-old:2lbkos0:

26 minutes ago, CaroSkate said:

Oh, so all those world standing counts should be made before removing the season 17-18?

I am sorry if I have confused anyone in my original post and I will edit it.

Nevertheless, still congratz to Yuzu for being No. 1 as a 25 year-old:2lbkos0:

I think so - the current standings are for the beginning of the 20-21 season. Anyway, it’ll be true soon enough, he’s nearly untouchable this season due to the lead he has, so barring something extremely strange happening, he’ll still be ranked number one at the end of the season!