General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Veveco said:

Yuzu-doesn't-age game: can you guess the order? (it "only" covers the last 2 years but still fun)

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

Are they saying the first one is the most recent - the one where he is oldest??? I would have guessed (after dithering) he was youngest there...

On 4/19/2020 at 2:32 AM, Faithyu said:

I know you are already talking about other things, but for personal reasons I'm still stuck at Yuzu's message.

The timing of Yuzu's message (and what a great message that was) could not have been better "there is a light your able to see because of darkness".

Yesterday my colleagues and I learned that our office has to be closed due to Corona and that we will lose our work at the end of May permanently.

I'm an interior designer and I think you can all imagine that it is almost impossible to find a new job in the current situation. I am worried, don't know

what’s going to happen, but know that these thoughts and emotions will not help.

Yes, the most important thing is to be healthy, but it still hurts to lose my job.

So now I’m going to watch „Haru yo koi“ (for me this means hope) and „Seimei“ (fighting spirit) and try to bring out my “inner Yuzu“ and then,

I will try to find the light in the darkness, even if it's damn difficult.

Maybe some of you are in a similar situation, so if you have suggestions or ways on how to find your „inner Yuzu“, I would be happy to hear about it.

I’m so sorry to hear of your situation, I hope everything gets better soon!! **virtual hug** 
I keep replaying Yuzu’s video message as well, it was actually the first corona message that made me cry...

Anyway here are some things that help me find my “inner Yuzu” that you are talking about, which is something all of us need especially in a time like this!!

In this video, what he says at the 2:59 mark:

And of course his comebacks in the sport itself! Him winning Worlds 2017 after being 5th in the short programme, I think if I were in his position I would have lost almost all hope of winning yet he managed to have that amazing free skate. And of course, winning the 2018 Olympics when it seemed like almost everything was against him: his devastating ankle injury and not winning his previous competitions in the 17/18 season. 

On 2/9/2018 at 3:21 AM, kaerb said:

‘Before I think about whether or not to give up, I think: ‘Right now, what should I be doing? What is the thing that I must do at all costs?’

Date Unknown - When given a huge job to do, we would surely make judgments about whether or not we can do it (or whether it seems possible or not). However, Hanyu does not do this. Before thinking about unnecessary things such as whether or not to give up, he first organises the things he ‘should’ or needs to do. This is where Hanyu differs from normal people. If you are too attached to thinking about the large gap between starting points, it will be difficult to be able to catch up (11/?)

Sorry for the double posting (don't know how to merge this with the post on top) but this quote by Yuzu is another thing that helps me find my "inner Yuzu" :)

6 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

And of course his comebacks in the sport itself! Him winning Worlds 2017 after being 5th in the short programme, I think if I were in his position I would have lost almost all hope of winning yet he managed to have that amazing free skate. And of course, winning the 2018 Olympics when it seemed like almost everything was against him: his devastating ankle injury and not winning his previous competitions in the 17/18 season. 

I think it must be pointed out that these fantastic victories/comebacks were achieved not only fighting against his personal setbacks,but while he was also facing the toughest line-up of competitors who were displaying the highest technical difficulty in figure skating history.Truly the most inspirational boy

7小時前, Fay說:

Hey, Yuzu is No 1 in the World Standings again

http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsmen.htm

I just took a look at the statistics of ISU world standings in Wiki (not updated for 2019/20 season yet):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISU_World_Standings_and_Season's_World_Ranking_statistics

I didn't know that it was introduced so recently in 2000. Even before this season, Yuzu has had the record for

- Most Number of seasons as season-end No. 1

- Most Number of consecutive seasons as season-end No. 1

- Youngest skaters who are the No. 1 in the season-end standings

With this season, he breaks the record for the oldest skater in No. 1 too. Literally broken all the records there.

:ohmygod:

Edit: Sorry that these records seem to be for word standings at the end of the season? (instead of at the start) Let's hope Yuzu will still be the first at the end of this season0:)

10 minutes ago, CaroSkate said:

I just took a look at the statistics of ISU world standings in Wiki (not updated for 2019/20 season yet):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISU_World_Standings_and_Season's_World_Ranking_statistics

With this season, he breaks the record for the oldest skater in No. 1 too. Literally broken all the records there.

:ohmygod:

Lmaooo this is so random and so extra, just like him. Yuzu must be like "I must break EVERY possible record, even the age record no one can stand before me in any table" :003: