General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

ヾ(≧ ▽ ≦)ゝ

Yvonne Lefébure, in an interview, said she had an "arrangement" with her neighbours and couldn't practice more than two hours per day, "not to disturb them". I thought : I would pay to be her neighbour and hear her scales.

Watching Yuzuru practice at TCC would be even more exhilarating. But how troubling. How to mind one's own business and try to progress when such a skater is practising on the same ring?

Certain things have been discussed in recent times so I'm wondering - Do we positively know where Yuzu is?  Is he still in Canada or is he in Sendai?  I thought it was a settled fact that he's in Sendai.  Yet there were implications in a recent message here that he remains in Toronto.  Does anybody have incontrovertible evidence as to where exactly he is?

38 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Certain things have been discussed in recent times so I'm wondering - Do we positively know where Yuzu is?  Is he still in Canada or is he in Sendai?  I thought it was a settled fact that he's in Sendai.  Yet there were implications in a recent message here that he remains in Toronto.  Does anybody have incontrovertible evidence as to where exactly he is?

Nope, while people have pored over every word and image we get, we still don't know for sure. He is good at this :nod2:

By the way, I had a quick look at some of the other athletes the JOC got to make clips for and to be fair to our Yuzuru, quite a few of them did the 'stand in front of a blank wall' bit.

And I ran across this totally-unrelated-to-Yuzu tweet of someone's healthy meal, which looks to me like, umm, amphibian spawn mixed with tinned pineapple - so of course I am dying of curiosity, is there any from or who has visited Japan and can enlighten me as to what it actually is???

8 minutes ago, TallyT said:

Nope, while people have pored over every word and image we get, we still don't know for sure. He is good at this :nod2:

By the way, I had a quick look at some of the other athletes the JOC got to make clips for and to be fair to our Yuzuru, quite a few of them did the 'stand in front of a blank wall' bit.

And I ran across this totally-unrelated-to-Yuzu tweet of someone's healthy meal, which looks to me like, umm, amphibian spawn mixed with tinned pineapple - so of course I am dying of curiosity, is there any from or who has visited Japan and can enlighten me as to what it actually is???

...it's apple risotto (recipe from the hit manga series Food Wars (Shokugeki no Souma)), with broccoli and bacon 😃

Thank you both! I have a mad passion for domestic history, which means I am fascinated by unusual (to me) foods, both from other countries and the past, the odder the better (though that doesn't necessarily mean I want to eat them, just know about them)

It actually sounds a lot better than it looks...

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

We KNOW he is home with his family. He and his mother left Toronto when TCC closed. It is settled fact.  What sort of "incontrovertible evidence" do you require?  Yuzu is NOT going to put out a photo of himself in front of his family's home with a copy of todays newspaper showing the date.  Trust that he is safe and in Japan.

7 hours ago, Faithyu said:

I know you are already talking about other things, but for personal reasons I'm still stuck at Yuzu's message.

The timing of Yuzu's message (and what a great message that was) could not have been better "there is a light your able to see because of darkness".

Yesterday my colleagues and I learned that our office has to be closed due to Corona and that we will lose our work at the end of May permanently.

I'm an interior designer and I think you can all imagine that it is almost impossible to find a new job in the current situation. I am worried, don't know

what’s going to happen, but know that these thoughts and emotions will not help.

Yes, the most important thing is to be healthy, but it still hurts to lose my job.

So now I’m going to watch „Haru yo koi“ (for me this means hope) and „Seimei“ (fighting spirit) and try to bring out my “inner Yuzu“ and then,

I will try to find the light in the darkness, even if it's damn difficult.

Maybe some of you are in a similar situation, so if you have suggestions or ways on how to find your „inner Yuzu“, I would be happy to hear about it.

Cheer up :10742289: i own a small travel agency and right now i don't know when will i reopen my business :crybaby:never imagine the whole planet on lockdown...some tour guide that i know already selling cookies and food right now because nobody travel anymore, and in my country we haven't reach peak yet...

That's why yuzu's message means a lot because he gives hope without downplaying the situation..., maybe he should consider political career after he retire ?

Please know you are not alone, just like yuzu said, there will be light :10742289:

1 minute ago, monchan said:

The tweet of his message made it in newspaper:)) Thou I find it funny they actually print the tweet out and it looks like missing child announcement:))

You're right, it does!

It seems fitting though - he's our missing-from-the-ice golden boy.

3 時間前, TallyTさんが言いました:

This seems to be a dish of apple risotto introduced in the anime "食戟のソーマ Shokugeki no Soma", in which the main character tries to be a chef like his father.

https://twitter.com/shokugeki_anime

I have not seen the manga or anime myself, but many are trying to replicate the dish.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/りんごのリゾット?src=hashtag_click

The  tweeted person is recommending to do cooking while you are staying home.