General Yuzuru Chat

44 minutes ago, monchan said:

4A is special not becuz he's an axel king but it's his childhood dream, just like 2 OGMs. I'm not Yuzu so can't say about his future but he's in the sport for too long to keep going on just for judge and journalists. It's never enough for them, journalists just want drama to sell and judges are big feds' puppets, it's the gospel truth that doesn't change regardless of whatever he does. And he will retire when he feels satisfied with himself, he doesn't need fans to decide what's best for his own feeling of achievement.

I am very sorry if I gave you the impression I meant in any way "to decide what's best for his own feeling of achievement." And to have being so unclear in my comment as a whole, as to be understood to mean I could think HE may going on just for judges and journalists — I just mean I would find it good should their manoeuvres and narratives be defeated.

3 hours ago, fyere0 said:

♡ ✧*。SOAP OPERA♡ ✧*。

Yuzuru, during off-ice training: F-floor-chan.....I have something to confess.....I.....d-daisuki da yo.

Floor-chan: ___(♡⌂♡)___ Y-Yuzu-kun! We have been spending so much more time together lately but I.....I had no idea.....you truly felt this way.....the same way I do..... ///BLUSH///

Ice-chan, distantly: Yuzu? Yuzu-kun? (°͈▵°͈)

Yuzuru: Floor-chan.....you have been there for me.....at a time when no one else could be. Not even Ice-chan. Ice-chan seems.....like a lovely but distant memory.

Floor-chan: Oh, Yuzu-kun. I will comfort you. ___(/ω\)___

Ice-chan: YUZURUUUUUUU NOOOOOOOOOOO w(・:゚Д゚:・)w

Keegan: ICE-CHAN! BEAUTIFUL ICE-CHAN!

Ice-chan: K-Keegan-senshu?? (° o°)!

Keegan: Don't you realize.....I have been here all along? And I still am because I'm in Alaska. You are everything to me! *builds an ice tower and does a double backflip off it onto a frozen lake, does a triple Axel on the frozen lake, then cuts a hole in the lake and pulls out a fish*

Ice-chan: No one has ever made me feel this way..... (♡´❍`♡)*✧ ✰ 。*

*Keegan becomes 2022 men's singles figure skating Olympic champion, Yuzuru becomes 2024 men's gymnastics floor exercise Olympic champion*

why

WOW! Reading this really made my day :flowers:

Still a better love story than Twilight:68468287:

10 hours ago, airi said:

I don't need a media day, I can see the programs for the first time at competition, no problem. But the competitions have to happen for that, so that's what I'm sparing my thoughts for, lol

Whether this year or next, if the first time anyone finds out music and costume is his first competition, the explosion among fans will be epic..... :003::LOL:

42 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Today is Javi's birthday, which means it's also the 2-yr anniversary of this adorable interaction...

Followed by Yuzu roasting him in public. Poor Javi :68468287:

I thought with Javier Fernández, teasing was the other way! :eek:

Like, with tickles on a podium :

7 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

If Beijing 2022 takes place as scheduled, I think it’s pretty likely Yuzu will go because it really doesn’t make sense to retire right before the Olympics? But then again if I recall correctly he did say before he probably won’t go if he doesn’t think he can win so who knows

At this point though, there's not much more Nathan can do to max out his programs. Even if his performance ability improves, his scores can't get much higher there. 

Yuzuru has the WR in the short program with a 4T3T and a 4S, without putting the combination last. Nathan isn't far behind him but he's already got a 4Lz in there and he's got his combination last. Then looking at the free program - again, Yuzuru has more room to up the technical load than Nathan. 

Basically, I don't think Yuzuru is going to write himself off for the next Olympics. He's still one of two strong contenders for Beijing and I feel like that's enough of a possibility for him. He wasn't the favourite last time - injured, off ice all that time, Nathan already landing 2000 quads in a program - but he won. He's always had to truly compete for his titles so I think Beijing is still on the cards for him even though Nathan will probably be the favourite. 

6 hours ago, fyere0 said:

♡ ✧*。SOAP OPERA♡ ✧*。

Yuzuru, during off-ice training: F-floor-chan.....I have something to confess.....I.....d-daisuki da yo.

Floor-chan: ___(♡⌂♡)___ Y-Yuzu-kun! We have been spending so much more time together lately but I.....I had no idea.....you truly felt this way.....the same way I do..... ///BLUSH///

Yuzuru: Floor-chan.....you have been there for me.....at a time when no one else could be. Not even Ice-chan. Ice-chan seems.....like a lovely but distant memory.

Keegan: Don't you realize.....I have been here all along? And I still am because I'm in Alaska. You are everything to me! *builds an ice tower and does a double backflip off it onto a frozen lake, does a triple Axel on the frozen lake, then cuts a hole in the lake and pulls out a fish*

*Keegan becomes 2022 men's singles figure skating Olympic champion, Yuzuru becomes 2024 men's gymnastics floor exercise Olympic champion*

why

Keegan..... Pulls out a fish... 

Magic. 😂😂😂😂

6 hours ago, fyere0 said:

♡ ✧*。SOAP OPERA♡ ✧*。

why

The only detail missing is Keegan's hockey skates lol

3 hours ago, memae said:

Basically, I don't think Yuzuru is going to write himself off for the next Olympics. He's still one of two strong contenders for Beijing and I feel like that's enough of a possibility for him. He wasn't the favourite last time - injured, off ice all that time, Nathan already landing 2000 quads in a program - but he won. He's always had to truly compete for his titles so I think Beijing is still on the cards for him even though Nathan will probably be the favourite. 

True, plus with only 1 major competitor (not to discount the work that other skaters are doing, but there's a gap -- though they have 2 years to catch up) anything can happen. Ice is slippery, circumstances change, pressure gets to people, skaters can learn new jumps...who knows. It's too good of a chance to not go to another olympics if he's in shape anyway!

30 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

True, plus with only 1 major competitor (not to discount the work that other skaters are doing, but there's a gap -- though they have 2 years to catch up) anything can happen. Ice is slippery, circumstances change, pressure gets to people, skaters can learn new jumps...who knows. It's too good of a chance to not go to another olympics if he's in shape anyway!

This is Yuzuru, I don't believe he will make any decision for a long time yet... or if he does, he won't tell till the time he thinks is right.  It's a masterclass in patience being a Fanyu....