General Yuzuru Chat

On 4/3/2020 at 4:25 PM, Henni147 said:

What can you do, if you are forced to stay at home and have no WLAN/internet for nearly a week.

Well, I took the time to see what I've stored on my harddrive since 2016...  :ummm:

This inspired me to edit this little (!) +22 minutes long clip of Yuzu's senior encore programs and costume swaps!

PS: Sorry for the unusually poor video quality. Originally I recorded it in 1080p, but there was not enough storage on my GDrive, so I had to convert it to 720p, but I hope, it's enjoyable nevertheless.

There are some real beauties in this collection and a VERY special bonus round at the end. I think, you will love it :LOL:

And now it's your turn:

1. Which encore performance from Yuzu is your absolute favorite?
  2. Which costume swap is your favorite?
  3. Which encore programs or costume swaps do you wish Yuzu to do in the future?

I am viewing the videos I missed lately, and I can't open this one, but I don't find it on Youtube either. It looked like it was hosted there, but I may be wrong?

11 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Oh definitely. Katarina Witt was twice the size of any of the current reigning champions. 

And was a back-to-back Olympic champion.  She was at the top of her game for 5 years (?) or more.  Of course, that was also in the days of compulsory figures, which alone would discourage someone from going into the sport.

38 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

I am viewing the videos I missed lately, and I can't open this one, but I don't find it on Youtube either. It looked like it was hosted there, but I may be wrong?

Unfortunately I couldn't upload it on YouTube, because LGC would have caused a total copyrightocalypse and my poor channel would have been deleted after 0.1 seconds.

So I uploaded the clip on my GDrive. This link should direct you to the player :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

https://planethanyu.com/video/view/1506-yuzuru-hanyus-encore-performances/

21 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I find it interesting that the historic champions - Button, Curry, Cousins et al - are in general much taller than current competitors. Except for Scotty Hamilton of course. The current wisdom seems to be that you need to be short to get those quads in. Roman and Conrad are mavericks bucking the trend, when you think about it. 

Interestingly the champions are also taller than average (in comparison to the worldwide average for men born in the same year they were), except for Scott Hamilton and Yuzuru:

I5uRV5qrXTMEIjddQniy9vttB-MrVww4Ajsv8giPlYt313ddoAITbtLimsjfffKQjz-w-vl42nx3QQhzzyoZkkSg1VgoCysgEDbiQbHPAcG53r7ZKqlfPDfTpyxttWhRNO4k0nVz4GOy5vXUVFi1zuGdGr3Di13oMZ4YLDMqrTq4LzB5-aOjS_HfxGYXOaxwJ9LEiBmFapK3WbF4bwpVWzi_rs_q1tU8ajmeRLb17agPtrW5S90lbVhBX_JdoqPclKXtnvAEos1hH3EsyjAHzwqtVa_TW-m-NbaQIm15mr24O5hvVywNNL7V0S-vTt2Rsz1Ivt38LhNGghMXrgUEFN42udn7m_4VYF95AyBGa1kWIfwDjlKmAxCBFq2WLWuQP3CJ-M54wq4giJEXf9StZPAxetG_mprr6PNIuHXKFY-G0VaIi4f5Kofvu2FgA3E1D7gI60e-K3Fadaz9fdsqvijFDMd984fTXIn2rOqbQebsvhGtgL8oAZszPn-QoCrZXnAZYk7DZXjw0pF7j6qln3MLyGBDQwwexzfkkYqNgMO6F3Vz8FUjVFQXPksy83C7Pb9JEEqjNV1w6Ur1B_FVFHQ4oe3yXtPJUAOVBVLtE7m4Bp3dCC3i4ogeBJIqgOW092DN5lMxs87ZnAS5syqMhCzdEnBmlBeOXBzH4gbJ-ZDowHcqPVbe5-zfljRf6A=w856-h518-no

ETA: I wonder if there's something specific to figure skating that used to favor above average height or if it's just a manifestation of the same phenomenon that, for example, leads to taller presidential candidates in the USA generally getting more of the popular vote.

43 minutes ago, barbara said:

And was a back-to-back Olympic champion.  She was at the top of her game for 5 years (?) or more.  Of course, that was also in the days of compulsory figures, which alone would discourage someone from going into the sport.

Sure, but Katarina also brought the performance value and she could jump. She was a 'total package' skater in every way. 

54 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Unfortunately I couldn't upload it on YouTube, because LGC would have caused a total copyrightocalypse and my poor channel would have been deleted after 0.1 seconds.

So I uploaded the clip on my GDrive. This link should direct you to the player :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

https://planethanyu.com/video/view/1506-yuzuru-hanyus-encore-performances/

Thank you for your help! Unfortunately I can't watch the videos here. Which is a real pity because there is a huge library.

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Sure, but Katarina also brought the performance value and she could jump. She was a 'total package' skater in every way. 

when she was on ice you couldn't stop watching ,she was a magnet ,i still go back and watch her programs.I follow her n Instagram and she seems so full of life and joy and she's also very very funny.

I've always had the feeling she was trying hard to put an end to the whole 'perfect ice princess' that ladies skaters sometimes needs to be,she was human real and wild,she knew her appeal and used it . 

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I don't think the young and little Russian quad girls will ever have the time or opportunity to develop into complete skaters. 

On 4/12/2020 at 8:15 AM, SitTwizzle said:

I learnt the Sendai nuclear reactor n°1 had been halted on March 15th due to failing to comply with new regulations implemented after the Fukushima accident, and should restart in December, while the reactor n°2 would stop from May to next January. I hope there will be no electricity cut in Sendai.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/03/16/national/kyushu-electric-halts-sendai-reactor/#.XpMvPPlfjcs

Just to clarify: this nuclear reactor is located in Kagoshima Prefecture, Kyushu - in southern Japan, and is managed by Kyushu Electric.  The name "Sendai" does not refer to the city of Sendai in Miyagi - it just happens to have the same name.  So Yuzu should be safe!   This problem has been going on for years - sadly, part of the corruption in the nuclear reactor sector of Japan.  I wish Japan had followed Germany's policy with respect to nuclear power. 

2 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Just to clarify: this nuclear reactor is located in Kagoshima Prefecture, Kyushu - in southern Japan, and is managed by Kyushu Electric.  The name "Sendai" does not refer to the city of Sendai in Miyagi - it just happens to have the same name.  So Yuzu should be safe!   This problem has been going on for years - sadly, part of the corruption in the nuclear reactor sector of Japan.  I wish Japan had followed Germany's policy with respect to nuclear power. 

Thank you and sorry for the mistake!

Swiss have nuclear energy AND safety. At least from their own plants. Because Tchernobyl was not an improbable accident, and such unsafe plants are still working, albeit with the greatest possible care, and threaten Europe (not France though : according to government at the time, French borders stopped the pollution. ;-) )

19 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

what error do you get?

In fact I can't get anything from GoogleDrive, because I have no Google account and have not accepted their privacy policy, and I suppose this is the reason why these videos don't work on my computer (otherwise I would have submitted the problem on the technical thread). Henni147 was extremely kind : she embedded two of her videos elsewhere and sent them to me by PM. Usually the Gallery helps me in giving me info on what may be available online, and I can seek it on Youtube or DailyMotion or Vimeo.

I have no error message, it just looks like downloading but never stops.

Thank you for your help!