General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

I think one of the reasons why he changed so much was due to a lot of external factors that happened.

1) Injury - I think if he hadnt injured at Cor18 he would have stuck to the original layout and maybe would only replace 4loop with a 4a when ready. I think even if he said he wanted to do a 4a, he was more careful with not risk losing. He stopped practicing it when his 3a got affected. So I feel like he thought if he could do his layout perfectly even with 4loop and 4sal he could win. But he got injured and only skated half of the season and had to change his layout at cor18.

2) another external factor was losing to Nathan at worlds. I think after seeing where him and Nathan stood at saitama, he realized he cant just win with 4loop and 4sal and needed to be certain he could win even if everyone skated clean. So he decided to change the layout again with the goal of incorporating higher base value elements like 3lz instead of 3loop and 4t3f instead of 4t3a so he could do 3a twice. He also wanted to eventually do 4lz and 4a. but I honestly think he would have done the same layout he did at Skate Canada if he was trailing by 13 points again to Nathan after the sp at gpf. Because he didnt want to repeat what happened at Worlds, he went for the most optimal layout he could do realistically and went for that monster layout.

so to me, I think the reason he changes so much for the last two seasons was because he couldnt have skated a full season in 18/19 and the judging forced him to use those recovery layouts. 

I think back then he had a bunch of recovery layouts too but its just he didnt need to use them. He just had to skate his planned layout clean to recover. Even if he came from behind, a clean free would have been enough to win. He could afford mistakes. Now its more like, what layout he could do to win if Nathan and me both go clean and what layout I could do if I came from behind.

Yes. The injury at COR, Nathan's consistency and the crazy scoring forced Yuzu into most of those layout changes. The other thing is that Origin was created in a period, where Yuzu was in that zen-mode and didn't care about points and stuff that much. It was hard to turn Origin into a competition winner afterwards. Now things are different. Yuzu is back to competition-mode and knows more or less what Nathan, the judges and the rest of the field are capable of. He can costruct his new programs on that basis.

About his old programs: I'm sure that he practiced multiple recovery layouts to be prepared for all scenarios, but it was clear after 2-3 competitions what the final form of R&J, POTO or H&L was meant to be. Origin is still a big mystery and I wonder, if Yuzu knows himself, how its final form should have looked like. I think, the GPF layout was the closest so far (despite its craziness).

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Sorry, I was a bit unclear in my last post. The big difference between Origin and other freeskates is the following:

Until 2016/17 Yuzu used one core layout for his freeskates. Yes, he had multiple recovery options in the bag, but in most cases he sticked to the same planned layout within a season (the one he submitted to the ISU before the competition). If you go back until 2010/11, you will find very few exceptions. For Hope & Legacy the planned content didn't change at all. It stayed the same over 7 competitions from ACI to the World Team Trophy:

4Lo

4S

3F

*4S+3T
*4T
*3A+2T
*3A+1Lo+3S
*3Lz

In Origin on the other hand the planned layout changed a lot. In fact, there is no jump element in Origin except the 4Lo that stayed the same from the debut at ACI 2018 to GPF 2019 (and I'm sure, he wanted to upgrade the 4Lo later to a 4A as well, so...). That's a very big difference to the programs before 2017.

Here is a list of planned Origin layouts (not what he actually did on the ice, but what he wanted to do, if he had skated clean). I marked all jumps in yellow that Yuzu planned to do only once or twice in these two seasons:

WvekIbS.png

Beat me, but I don't think that he did himself any favor with these changes. It's okay to upgrade the technical content a little, but you need a core of three or four jumping passes that stays the same. If you want to skate clean, there must be automatisms you can rely on, so that you can focus on the crucial elements. Origin didn't really have a core like that and that made it twice as hard for Yuzu to skate it perfectly clean. That's my guess at least.

Okay, I understand a bit better what you were saying. Yes, he does need a core layout with potential variations, but not to be all over the place. Tbh, I think the problem with Origin was that Yuzu had a grand vision that he actually wasn't able to pin down. That being said, if he feels like going for another layout like the one at GPF 2019, only sensibly paced so that he doesn't run out of steam, I'd be all for it. 

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Whatever you do, don't think that
Yuzuru.
Yuzuru in Japan.
Yuzuru training in Japan.
Yuzuru training in Japan without coach.
Yuzuru training 4a in Japan without coach.

I wasn't thinking about it, until you brought it up! Now....:smiley-scared003:

GUYS HELP. What are some iconic photos of Yuzu in costume that aren't tall and thin? I'm trying to make keychains and stickers! From some art that I'm literally learning to do digital drawing for just for this haha. But the tall and thin photos of Yuzu aren't space-efficient on acrylic keychains and cutout stickers.

For reference, here are two that I've drawn. the Swan one is much more space-efficient than the otonal one xD

wRb0GaE.jpg

10 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

GUYS HELP. What are some iconic photos of Yuzu in costume that aren't tall and thin? I'm trying to make keychains and stickers! From some art that I'm literally learning to do digital drawing for just for this haha. But the tall and thin photos of Yuzu aren't space-efficient on acrylic keychains and cutout stickers.

For reference, here are two that I've drawn. the Swan one is much more space-efficient than the otonal one xD

wRb0GaE.jpg

You need full body specifically?

36 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

We already know this but good to see it shown on video. Yuzu just shot up out of nowhere in since 2011/2012 lol

Praying that Yuzu will have a good season next season to reclaim his world standing. This season he has a good cushion against Nathan and Shoma going into next season.

Zuzu in TOP 10 while still in juniors.😘

33 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

wRb0GaE.jpg

How about this one? 

9 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Here are some more balanced in terms of proportions. Granted, with his long limbs, even the more balanced ones might still waste space but I hope you'll find some that you like :13877886:

Hide contents

rwZb7Cf.jpg

76dZgUA.jpg

dNeANRx.jpg

VlEZNzi.jpg

sV3PQLE.jpg

fRsGBaP.jpg

h73wjEz.jpg

PwZzwUP.jpg

BRin9bJ.png

thank you!  i like them all :loveeyes:

10 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

How about this one? 

those arm positions are beautiful! i especially love the second one!