General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Without hosting. I was thinking more like everybody watching on YT and commenting on Streaming party thread, like we do when we're watching a live event.

We have to make sure we start at the same time. Or it will be sorta haphazard. 
not that it matters. 

2 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Without hosting. I was thinking more like everybody watching on YT and commenting on Streaming party thread, like we do when we're watching a live event.

Yeah! Living the thrill of waiting for his Olympic performance :))).

3 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

I mean, true, but still better than no content at all though? 😅😫🙈

I can’t agree more. And it’s going to be good to see what figure skating was like six years ago. 

4 hours ago, rubyblue said:

Nam's also delivered :LOL:

they were babies!! but so focused the both of them!!

3 hours ago, monchan said:

OC serves some fun to kill your time (live in 27 hrs)

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

ow wonderful idea...great way to spend a boring sunday afternoon ,i'm in!

I hope wherever Yuzu is in Japan that he stays safe, and hopefully can still get some ice time. I think it might be a good chance for him to heal from those chronic injuries that he has. 
cant help but feel worried for skaters in Europe and US - with how the situation is unfolding there, I’m pretty sure many of them won’t be able to get any ice time. To compound matters further, when we hopefully have recovered with this pandemic, I’m afraid some ice rinks may have closed then due to issues with cash flow...

14 minutes ago, Heartsky270 said:

I hope wherever Yuzu is in Japan that he stays safe, and hopefully can still get some ice time. I think it might be a good chance for him to heal from those chronic injuries that he has. 
cant help but feel worried for skaters in Europe and US - with how the situation is unfolding there, I’m pretty sure many of them won’t be able to get any ice time. To compound matters further, when we hopefully have recovered with this pandemic, I’m afraid some ice rinks may have closed then due to issues with cash flow...

Not just Europe and USA though... practically every country. Seems nearly all skaters can barely get any ice time? Roman tweeted asking people when they think the rinks will open again and joked that finding a rink is nearly as hard as finding toilet paper. The sport would probably suffer a set back since the skills of many skaters will likely regress if kept off the ice for many months. 
It’s hard to say how this will change the sports and the world as a whole. Of course the most important thing we all want for Yuzu is for him to stay safe and happy ❤️

Unless you're like Keegan and live in a place that's cold enough to have an outdoor rink well into the spring, your chances of having ice time are pretty small these days. Japan doesn't seem to have closed rinks yet, but I'm thinking that if they can't make the switch to roller blades for now, most skaters will be SOL for a long time. 

3 hours ago, Heartsky270 said:

Yuzu would be with his family in Sendai.

Ice Rink Sendai is going to be closed to the public for two weeks from April 4 to April 19. Whether it opens again for the public on April 20 will be reconsidered at that time depending on the circumstances.

Ice skating classes will not be affected by the public closure from April 4 to April 19.

Given his stature and what he has done for Ice Rink Sendai, I would think that private arrangements would be made for Yuzu to practice on his own.

Yuzu will make sure that Ice Rink Sendai remains financially viable.