General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, Songster01 said:

Just noting that today the City of Toronto announced that the lockdown will continue at least until the end of June.  No idea how quickly ice rinks would re-open after a lockdown is lifted.  Perhaps TCC could start its summer program in July, but I'd prefer they err on the side of caution until we have a reliable vaccine/antibody tests available here.  I'm not sure if rinks would be safe, considering asymptomatic transmission and some people's tendency to ignore mild symptoms and still go out/work.  So if Yuzu wants ice time, Japan seems like a better place atm?  Still, I hope he is extremely careful, especially given his asthma.  No need to be near anyone outside his household, no matter how healthy they seem.  Given the current lack of widespread testing (please be better at testing than Ontario, Japan!) and the lack of people working from home/social distancing worries me.  I feel it would be all too easy for community spread to go unrecognized too late.:( 

Much as I hate to say it, I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with a season next year unless a good vaccine/antibody test is released worldwide.  I would feel terrible if ACI, SCI, or another event facilitated a second wave in Ontario and elsewhere this fall/winter. 

:(

This is the last time he looked overwhelmingly happy in K&C. Since then, there's only relieved/assured expression when he received the score, even with new WRs or winning or clean skate. 

I wonder if we can see this childlike happiness in K&C again. Prob when he finally lands 4A?.

And a score that makes him happy? Screw it, I can't imagine a day when the judge will give him a deserved score anymore :emoticonaci2019_2: It's more unrealistic than 4A really :war:

29 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

More like 200 years. 

One can find one wonderful, "otherworldly" artist with best physical capabilities in several decades. But it takes this PLUS a clever nerd in one person to go further and be the GOAT. So even 200 years seem optimist.

Though if such a wonderful, otherworldly artist with best physical capabilities (without being such a genius) gets coached by Yuzuru Hanyu and gets along well with him (will he be such patient, understanding a coach as Brian Orser and Tracy Wilson?) we may have greater skating than what he already gives us, because he will have matured and even better assembled, even more knowledge of all topics joining in skating, than what he has now, and may nurture his pupil into a true wonder. Much beyond my imagination — Yuzuru Hanyu is already so far beyond my imagination.

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Don't we ever....I hope he's doing all the prudent things to protect himself.

I hope he is able to skate at his rink (alone, during off hours). He knows how to protect himself and his family is just as protective of him as we would all want them to be. As much as we all care so much about Yuzu and his health and happiness, his family cares more.  Just as I care more about my son and his health and happiness than anyone else could.

20 hours ago, barbara said:

I was informed by someone who would know that Yuzu and his mother returned To Japan shortly after TCC announced that they would be closed.   At the time, and possibly still, there have been ice rinks open in Japan. And even if they do close, he wouldn't be able to skate in Toronto and, I'm sure, would prefer to be with all his family at home. There hasn't been any announcement about his going home nor any press sightings.  Let's hope it stays that way so he can be safe and comfortable.  The official word is that there is no official word.

Good to hear that. I wondered why didn't he go back to Japan cz there is nothing he can do in Canada till the unknown time, even Medvedeva risking her life by going to Japan (maybe for getting ice rink). 

6 hours ago, yuzuchara said:

Good to hear that. I wondered why didn't he go back to Japan cz there is nothing he can do in Canada till the unknown time, even Medvedeva risking her life by going to Japan (maybe for getting ice rink). 

Zhenya seems to think there will be an ice show in Japan, or that's what she said on an Instagram post.  I don't think there will be any ice shows in Japan this year, but she may be able to get rink time.  She'll still have to quarantine for 14 days on her arrival...

Don't forget that there's only 2 private ice rinks in Japan, the rest are public rinks that could close any time. It make sense that Yuzuru come back to Japan, as Jason and Jun both back to their country. I hope he and everyone's safe and healthy.