General Yuzuru Chat

I think this has already been shared but NHK BS1 will start airing Yuzu's performances at past NHK Trophy (2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019) in 30 minutes. The same program wil be aired on April 5th (starting from 10:00 a.m. JST) and April 13th (from 00:26 a.m. JST)

Guys, do you remember a song made by the Chinese fans about being a Yuzu fan (the one with cute drawings)? It was shared here when the Planet was first created and we even joked about making it our anthem :biggrin:.

Anyone have a working link to it? I bookmarked it on YouTube back then but apparently it is no longer there and I don't know how to search for it. So, if anyone can help me find it I will be really grateful.

5 hours ago, monchan said:

FIGURE SKATING ART COSTUMES book by Satomi is released today and sold as both hardcopy and soft copy (ebook). Some beautiful preview of ebook ver (that motivates you to buy the book :loveshower:):

Hide contents

aqUq6bP.png

TS3qqmX.png

jeRHDm5.png

Skeds29.png

6SWpstB.png

K1AnND5.png

Hea8c9t.png

yQ8QyEY.png

rw4SJcW.png

1d1rg5B.png

YXRXdnb.png

O20d79d.png

cGvktK2.png

DoALlY9.png

YQPEzVvr.png

Source: https://bookwalker.jp/def3a343e8-b3fc-4271-8375-7890cb552397/

Edit: more from amazon

91BIltB0Z4L.jpg

81s270UGtGL.jpg

The rest here:

Hide contents

71SoWJbsNGL.jpg

81bBfwrj5cL.jpg

81kNXrWJHgL.jpg

710AmdinROL.jpg

81vpdi3KKQL.jpg

91ods7Xp4qL.jpg

But the paper editions are still for Japan only, aren't they? I thought it would make a perfect present for a relative who's studying costume making, but we are in Europe.

5 hours ago, monchan said:

FIGURE SKATING ART COSTUMES book by Satomi is released today and sold as both hardcopy and soft copy (ebook). Some beautiful preview of ebook ver (that motivates you to buy the book :loveshower:):

Reveal hidden contents

aqUq6bP.png

TS3qqmX.png

jeRHDm5.png

Skeds29.png

6SWpstB.png

K1AnND5.png

Hea8c9t.png

yQ8QyEY.png

rw4SJcW.png

1d1rg5B.png

YXRXdnb.png

O20d79d.png

cGvktK2.png

DoALlY9.png

YQPEzVvr.png

Source: https://bookwalker.jp/def3a343e8-b3fc-4271-8375-7890cb552397/

Edit: more from amazon

91BIltB0Z4L.jpg

81s270UGtGL.jpg

The rest here:

Reveal hidden contents

71SoWJbsNGL.jpg

81bBfwrj5cL.jpg

81kNXrWJHgL.jpg

710AmdinROL.jpg

81vpdi3KKQL.jpg

91ods7Xp4qL.jpg

Satomi's talent is incredible.

Of all the costumes she's made, I was most blown away by the close-ups of Requiem when I first saw them, though Requiem has never been one of my favourites. The workmanship and creativity that went into making beads and embroidery resemble seafoam and ocean waves is amazing. Like Origin 1.0, I don't think the real beauty of it completely comes through in action shots because it's just so detailed.

44 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

But the paper editions are still for Japan only, aren't they? I thought it would make a perfect present for a relative who's studying costume making, but we are in Europe.

Have you tried CDJapan?

In Asia, it's also available in Korea's Aladdin and Singapore's Kinokuniya bookstores.

3 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

In terms of costumes, my favorites are Lets get crazy, Seimei PC, Chopin 3.0, Origin 1.0, POTO 2.0 and Swanyu. Were any of these not designed by Satomi? 

I suppose so (I'm not sure about LGC, but given all his other costumes post-Sochi are made by her it should be no exception). 

My most fav must be SEIMEI, all versions! Others are PC Chopin, Origin (both are fine) and Requiem.

My most hated are Zigeunerweisen and R&J2.0 boob skirt, and coincidentally (but not surprisingly)  both are made by Johnny Weir. Thanks God he didn't make any comeback as Yuzu's designer:xD:

Love Satomi's costumes, but I still hope Yuzu works with other designers in the future too to get more creative designs (bar Johnny Weir, Vera Wang, and Satoko Schindler's list dress designer ofc :emoticonaci2019_2:)

1 hour ago, SuzyQ said:

As far as I remember, the original costume for Chopin was made by another designer.

https://sakurb.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-367.html

But I cannot remember his name although I searched at that time, and he might have already retired, just digging my poor memories.  Does anybody know?

He is Tadashi Nagashima, who made costumes for Mao Asada and Japanese singers such as Sachiko Kobayashi and Judy Ongg. 

Source

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

Thank you, Paskud, althugh I don`t understand anything except kuyashii and some numerals, it is a real joy for me to watch the docummenary, it`s like the world came back to its normal, even with the news sandwitched at about an hour watch. Oh well,  I am grateful for such a treat!

2 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

Thank you, Paskud, althugh I don`t understand anything except kuyashii and some numerals, it is a real joy for me to watch the docummenary, it`s like the world came back to its normal, even with the news sandwitched at about an hour watch. Oh well,  I am grateful for such a treat!

But I wish they’d left out the NHK 2017 practice. It is still very painful to see.