General Yuzuru Chat

12 hours ago, Paskud said:

:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:8 YEARS AGO:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

Honestly Etude is one of my favourite programs, it's just incredible how Yuzu could perform a program with such emotional gravity at just 16-17. His skating here isn't as refined as more recently, but the fast and unrestrained movements suit this program.

One of the reasons why I always appreciate Etude is that it's a program carrying so many difficult emotions from 3/11. It's impressive that the season right after the disaster, Yuzu skated a program that connects to it so deeply - I think it takes a lot of courage to do that. Maybe skating to it was a way for him to process his feelings about 3/11 as well. I could see it as the beginning of a continuum of programs connected to the disaster, gradually becoming more and more hopeful, with Haru yo Koi as the conclusion (for now). Although it's the first, Etude isn't the most sorrowful of these programs (that would probably be Requiem). To me it conveys a sense of coming to terms with the disaster by embodying nature, finding some acceptance, although there is also a lot of pain and anger. There is this very short clip where he talks about it a bit, I wish it was longer. 

7 hours ago, cereus said:

And I'm adding to it, except the chocolate binging wasn't just today but the last couple of weeks.

When this work from home period ends I may not fit into my work pants anymore :smiley-scared005:

I'm thinking that people are either going to get fit or get fat from this situation. I personally am not eating as much as before ( too nervous to get my usual coffee & pastry everyday) and am exercising a LOT more.  But it could easily go the other way. 

7 hours ago, Umebachi said:

I quit my job in DC and moved to Canada - to find a quiet place where I can do my "own thing".  In my case, it was not to pursue figure skating but to have time to think and write (and occasionally teach).  And all of my family is still back in Japan... 

Also I moved here to train and improve on my dressage riding - not for the Olympics but at least maybe win some ribbons at local shows.   My dream is to do a freestyle with music taken from one of Yuzu's programs. Perhaps Seimei?  It has a good, steady beat that would go well with the different gaits of a horse.  

Ooh, Seimei dressage would be very interesting! 

Even though I was the one who asked the question, it's proving difficult for me to come up with a serious answer. I have a hard time remembering my own achievements as such. They're just part of the flow of life...hence why I chose a characteristic (the cats and kids thing)  instead. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Ooh, Seimei dressage would be very interesting! 

Even though I was the one who asked the question, it's proving difficult for me to come up with a serious answer. I have a hard time remembering my own achievements as such. They're just part of the flow of life...hence why I chose a characteristic (the cats and kids thing)  instead. 

In fact not Seimei but the so different Origin at SCI and at GPF, made me think of a parallel with horse riding (where I am even more ignorant than in skating).

I see Skate Canada's as Yuzuru Denka mounting Ice no Kimi, a great show jumping horse, regally managing a jump which approach seemed desperate, with all their usual elegance and mastery.

While I see GPF's as legendary hero Hanyu Yuzuru, rushing Ice Tono (are there "superhorses" in Japanese tales, such as táltos horses in Magyar ones?) into an epic battle, sword in hand. It has a feeling of "unreality", of epic, of suspended time, of mightiness.

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I personally am not eating as much as before ( too nervous to get my usual coffee & pastry everyday)

I too can get a bit too jittery from coffee which might be a bad idea nowadays but if I don't have my coffee I'll spend the rest of my day in a lethargic mood, almost barely alert — a low energy state overall, so I will have my coffee please

BTW my most Yuzu-like thing ever done? I was quite driven in my school life until I wasn't anymore :x :x :x :x also, did intense physical exercise I did during my highschool (in preparation of becoming a full member of school hiking club) count? Please make that count 🙏🙏🙏 

Also a slightly different topic but I have the privilege of being born in the same year as Yuzu — gee, thanks for making my life (achievement) looking soooo average Yuzu! :LOL::xD:

16 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Actually, while looking at the MOI footgae of him tossing stuffies into the crowd, the thought occurred to me that he has a pretty good arm. He'd have been a great baseball player, I'm sure.

So, question, to get us through this long, lonely drought: Bearing in mind that our chaos lord boy has done things like wait til his coaches' backs are turned to try 4A in public, and so on, what is the most Yuzu-like thing you've ever done?

well cats(animals in general actually)loves me and I double love them back!i'm fine with kids ...I moved to UK for 2 years alone ,i did ballet(and I still do my bar when i can)for almost 20 years even if I knew since I was a child i was never going to be a ballerina but i'm stubborn LOL

If I know the lyrics i'll sing and dance ...very embaressing when I sing along in the car ...also I am the worst singer ever!

I hate paprikas too btw with all my heart LOL

10 hours ago, monchan said:

Love this straightforward angle. It's like he's staring right into my soul :eek:

also great close up of his beautiful hands!

So, I guess I can weigh in on my Yuzu-like tendencies.  I am also allergic to alcohol.  Also, my hands get cold, so I'd always be wearing gloves on the ice.  My hair tends to be playful - especially if I'm doing anything physical.  And wearing black, comfortable work out gear, and sneakers, is definitely my preferred way to dress.  I can think of a thousand Yuzu-like behaviors and attitudes I would like to have, but he does inspire me to try.

Well, the most Yuzu thing I have ever done is crossrolls - backward and forward :D Gosh, they are difficult!

Also, when I still competed in ballroom dancing (15 years ago... Geez) there was once a section on the dancefloor which was really slippery and I fell on it - twice! - during one dance (so embarrassing!). But when I was still a kid the dance teachers rammed it in our heads: whatever happens during the dance, just go on with a poker face as if nothing had happened. And so at that competition I did just that and was rewarded with points by the judges :agree2: (of course, unlike in FS it didn't hurt falling, and the competition was just a local one for adult amateurs)