General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Actually, while looking at the MOI footgae of him tossing stuffies into the crowd, the thought occurred to me that he has a pretty good arm. He'd have been a great baseball player, I'm sure.

So, question, to get us through this long, lonely drought: Bearing in mind that our chaos lord boy has done things like wait til his coaches' backs are turned to try 4A in public, and so on, what is the most Yuzu-like thing you've ever done?

Kurt Browning once commented that he played catch with Yuzu and Yuzu had quite an arm on him because of his dad's baseball experience (he was surprised!).

The most Yuzu-like thing I've ever done: uhhhhh, I admit, I had mushroom hair in elementary school because I saw someone else who had it and wanted it the same. (It wasn't Plushenko.) I also earlier today stuffed a lot of milk chocolate in my mouth. Otherwise I am totally unlike the Chaos Lord. :laughing:

Actually, while looking at the MOI footgae of him tossing stuffies into the crowd, the thought occurred to me that he has a pretty good arm. He'd have been a great baseball player, I'm sure.

So, question, to get us through this long, lonely drought: Bearing in mind that our chaos lord boy has done things like wait til his coaches' backs are turned to try 4A in public, and so on, what is the most Yuzu-like thing you've ever done?

Hmm... let's see what the most Yuzu-like thing I've ever done is. As I'm not GOAT-level in anything, I think it's kind of a stretch to find something.

Maybe it's how my report card always said "needs improvement" in the place where they graded how well I paid attention in class as a kid? Given that Yuzu apparently always tried to play baseball with the flyers at his rink instead of practicing, I'm guessing he wasn't the greatest at staying on task either.

Well, the last time I made hot chocolate, I did make a rather horrifyingly sweet concoction of hot chocolate with far too many toppings. There is that.

I share Yuzu's propensity for falling over nothing a la R&J 1.0, but I don't get up anywhere near as gracefully. Cats and kids also tend to like me quite a bit. So not GOAT-like, but definitely Yuzuish. 

22 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

also earlier today stuffed a lot of milk chocolate in my mouth. Otherwise I am totally unlike the Chaos Lord. :laughing:

8 minutes ago, river said:

Well, the last time I made hot chocolate, I did make a rather horrifyingly sweet concoction of hot chocolate with far too many toppings. There is that.

I sense a theme emerging...

I mouth the words to whatever song I'm listening to all the time, and like Yuzu, sometimes I get a little too inspired :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: This includes Wada Kouji's Butter-Fly, from Digimon, which we've seen Yuzu sing. I guess since we're around the same age we grew up with similar TV shows. 

And I would say my obsession with headphones also counts, but I don't have the budget to be nearly as dedicated as Yuzu!

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I've come pretty close to having to run out of a rink with my skates on (but for a fire alarm). There was a giant school group there in rentals too - all the kids went out on the road in the skates they were wearing (the sound was awful). All of us adult skaters sat at the entrance to take our skates off before going outside and then quickly realising our mistake - it is very scary to be surrounded by school kids running around with skates on while you are only in socks. Then we got to wait out in the rain in the middle of winter (it had been sleeting a day or so earlier) for the fire department to respond. 

I also have a yellow bear who has been my sidekick since childhood. Mine is a Funshine Bear, not Pooh, but she's always been there. Whenever I visit my parents, Mum tucks her in between the pillows on my bed. 

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I quit my job in DC and moved to Canada - to find a quiet place where I can do my "own thing".  In my case, it was not to pursue figure skating but to have time to think and write (and occasionally teach).  And all of my family is still back in Japan... 

Also I moved here to train and improve on my dressage riding - not for the Olympics but at least maybe win some ribbons at local shows.   My dream is to do a freestyle with music taken from one of Yuzu's programs. Perhaps Seimei?  It has a good, steady beat that would go well with the different gaits of a horse.  

2 hours ago, fyere0 said:

I also earlier today stuffed a lot of milk chocolate in my mouth. Otherwise I am totally unlike the Chaos Lord. :laughing:

2 hours ago, river said:

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I sense a theme emerging...

And I'm adding to it, except the chocolate binging wasn't just today but the last couple of weeks.

When this work from home period ends I may not fit into my work pants anymore :smiley-scared005:

14 hours ago, Paskud said:

:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:8 YEARS AGO:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

Ugh ... I blame you for procrastinating on all my chores this morning ... bc I watched this and then RJ1 ofc lol and so on for a couple of hours hahaha but well, what better way to spend the quarantine than watching Yuzu's programs over and over again. :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw: