General Yuzuru Chat

23 hours ago, yuzupon said:

Don't understand more than the figure skating terms, but the performances they showed:

Chopin GPF'15

SEIMEI GPF'15

PW SC'19 - the On Ice Perspective version of the practice

Notte Stellata GPF'19

Origin SC'19

It's been nice to watch all of them again.

I try my best at a very quick literal translation for the Figupedia documentary (Yuzu parts). Please correct me if there are any mistakes! (It's a double translation as I'm translating from Chinese subtitles)

Outside 4CC building with his 'Clever' mask on, talking about program changes:

Yuzu: The most important thing is that I want to skate in a style that suits me. How do I say. In my heart, it felt/became difficult, after Japanese Nationals. About what figure skating actually is, I've thought about it a lot.  Although figure skating is a sport that I have been doing for 20+ years, I felt there was something wrong somewhere, the things I was chasing after didn't feel quite right. Indeed, when challenging high difficulty contents, it's very interesting. Challenging myself makes me very happy. When I finish/complete the challenges, I feel very happy. However, I feel this is not 'happiness'. Not only to complete the challenges. For example, the feeling when skating, being able to see the content that I want to perform/express, or the fusion of jumps with the music, I actually really like these. The programs that can convey all of these the most are SEIMEI and Chopin. 

The playing with echo part:

Yuzu It's very interesting, the echos. It's different when done from different parts of the rink. A sound that starts from the edge of the shorter side of the rink takes longer to travel, hence it takes longer to echo. If it's done from the middle of the rink, the echo is much faster because the sound waves reach the walls faster and reflect faster. I was just experimenting with these, it's really fun.

In TCC, with the rink behind him, talking about Chopin:

Yuzu: There are about 17 seconds at the start of the music where I am just standing and not moving. That was something I told the choreographer - that I wanted the 17 seconds of idleness, hoping that I can feel closer to the music, let the feeling that I can express to be closer to the music. I always keep this (feeling close to music) in check.

In the van with a laptop on his lap, talking about SEIMEI music:

Narrator: He chose the music himself, and also arranged the music himself.

Yuzu: Over here (when the long music note was playing), this is very long. Although the second piano note is like 'qiang qiang qiang' ... there is 0.8 seconds between the first 'qiang' and the second piano note. I feel it's not the same. The jumps, the programs, steps, spins, everything. Every movements need to become one with the music and program, then only it's ok I think. Of course, it's ok if I don't jump on the 'qiang', but if I don't go with the 'qiang', the rest of the choreography will need to match the music properly. These are the things I really pay attention to.

4CC interview in front of the blue curtain:

Yuzu: This Hanyu Yuzuru, is very affected by music. It's because of the presence of music that the art, technique and performance/expression of figure skating is born. In my heart, music and figure skating is almost an equal. To me, hmm, that one, how do I say... (fusing music and figure skating together) is my life principle, the reason I figure skate.

Skate Canada Victory Ceremony last part closing in on the camera showing off his medal:

Yuzu: I finally got it!

The last part where he's in a suit holding a red-white paper board:

What he's written: The aim/goal is 5 steps to the front of my limit!

3 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

This Yuzu insta fan acc posted the bits with him in 😄

2 hours ago, daisyjune said:

For the fans abroad :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, mercedes said:

G-Drive for MOI 2019 for everyone without a VPN.....I love Yuzuru's energy and happyness in this video....also the  amazing way he feels the music!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_CsLT1kZTgM-EnJRJRyuTJ_eLKClirkq/view?usp=sharing

Thanks, everyone! What a wonderful treat. If having just skated to Seimei contributed to Yuzuru's great energy here, that emphasizes why he returned to it.

1 hour ago, MatchaBeans said:

I try my best at a very quick literal translation for the Figupedia documentary (Yuzu parts). Please correct me if there are any mistakes! (It's a double translation as I'm translating from Chinese subtitles)

Yuzu: The most important thing is that I want to skate in a style that suits me. How do I say. In my heart, it felt/became difficult, after Japanese Nationals. About what figure skating actually is, I've thought about it a lot.  Although figure skating is a sport that I have been doing for 20+ years, I felt there was something wrong somewhere, the things I was chasing after didn't feel quite right. Indeed, when challenging high difficulty contents, it's very interesting. Challenging myself makes me very happy. When I finish/complete the challenges, I feel very happy. However, I feel this is not 'happiness'. Not only to complete the challenges. For example, the feeling when skating, being able to see the content that I want to perform/express, or the fusion of jumps with the music, I actually really like these. The programs that can convey all of these the most are SEIMEI and Chopin. 

Yuzu It's very interesting, the echos. It's different when done from different parts of the rink. A sound that starts from the edge of the shorter side of the rink takes longer to travel, hence it takes longer to echo. If it's done from the middle of the rink, the echo is much faster because the sound waves reach the walls faster and reflect faster. I was just experimenting with these, it's really fun.

Yuzu: There are about 17 seconds at the start of the music where I am just standing and not moving. That was something I told the choreographer - that I wanted the 17 seconds of idleness, hoping that I can feel closer to the music, let the feeling that I can express to be closer to the music. I always keep this (feeling close to music) in check.

Yuzu: Over here (when the long music note was playing), this is very long. Although the second piano note is like 'qiang qiang qiang' ... there is 0.8 seconds between the first 'qiang' and the second piano note. I feel it's not the same. The jumps, the programs, steps, spins, everything. Every movements need to become one with the music and program, then only it's ok I think. Of course, it's ok if I don't jump on the 'qiang', but if I don't go with the 'qiang', the rest of the choreography will need to match the music properly. These are the things I really pay attention to.

Yuzu: This Hanyu Yuzuru, is very affected by music. It's because of the presence of music that the art, technique and performance/expression of figure skating is born. In my heart, music and figure skating is almost an equal. To me, hmm, that one, how do I say... (fusing music and figure skating together) is my life principle, the reason I figure skate.

Skate Canada Victory Ceremony last part closing in on the camera showing off his medal:

Thank you so much! You made my day!

3 hours ago, MatchaBeans said:

Thank you!

I just rewatched Origin from Saitama because I  was in the mood to see that 4T-3A. I've gotten so used to Origin 2.0 that the changes surprised me. I think perhaps Origin 2.0 has a better fit, but maybe it's just been too long since I saw the first one. And that costume <3 I've definitely gotten used to seeing him in purple with the low neck, but the details on the black costume are to die for. I often want skaters' costumes in mini-dress form - like Shoma's first SP costume from this season would be a magnificent pattern for a sweater dress - but if I ever had a replica of Origin 1 it would sit on display behind glass in the living room and I'd just stare at it all day. 

Now I'm excited for Satomi's book all over again. I hope one day she's able to and does an exhibit in an art museum. It would probably have to be in Japan to get the numbers but that wouldn't stop me. 

1 hour ago, memae said:

I feel like SC maybe meant more to him than 4CC. He was so happy about it

He really was. The whole atmosphere there was happy though. The men's competition was very uplifting. I remember someone saying it was like a mini-Worlds.

2 minutes ago, memae said:

Random thought:

I wonder how good Yuzu is at high jump and long jump. Surely he had to do it in high school PE. 

Actually, while looking at the MOI footgae of him tossing stuffies into the crowd, the thought occurred to me that he has a pretty good arm. He'd have been a great baseball player, I'm sure.

So, question, to get us through this long, lonely drought: Bearing in mind that our chaos lord boy has done things like wait til his coaches' backs are turned to try 4A in public, and so on, what is the most Yuzu-like thing you've ever done?