General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

I’ve just been assuming that the prices won’t go down given that it’s in Sweden and I have relatives who live there and it’s expensive 

I think this is the right attitude. As a Swede i wouldn't expect the prices to have gone down either. Sweden isn't the most expensive place in Europe by a long shot, but it's above the middle line for sure. 

Ah, i hate that i'm a poor student and won't even be able to attend a home worlds ; - ; 

21 hours ago, Fay said:

wow i'm impressed :rolleyes:

On 3/25/2020 at 5:12 PM, SitTwizzle said:

Same for me.

I am hesitating between buying all-event tickets even before knowing if I can go, as they seem to be with a "gala exhibition" as it used to be (and I don't mind if they just add half an hour Award circus); meaning to protest loudly if they replace it by some ersatz and to refuse to attend it.

Yuzuru Hanyu has wonderful masterpieces of exhibition programs, other skaters are way more entertaining in their exhibition programs too, it also show more of them, that's what people want to see, and ISU must understand they won't buy some indifferent stuff, even less attract anybody not already interested in figure skating.

And buying individual tickets.

the all event ticktes are surely going to be very very expensive and are out of reach....but if i'll have some leave from work(and who knows now)I'd like to try a couple of days and maybe see the FS and the gala.....Sweden is a very expensive country that's true but my life has changed dramatically (on  a personal level,Coronavirus apart)and the more i think about  the more i believe i got to do it,i've never seen a FS competition live in my life ,time to check on item of my bucket list:D.

Spoiler

thanks for the video about groceries shopping,it's scary but helpful,i use gloves too anyhow and clean everything too.also I spry my shoes soles as well and leave them outside my door....not very elegant/polite for my neighbours but it's not like I have a choice.

17 hours ago, Fay said:

Pfff, Yuzu is one title away from twice that achievement - and that title ain’t the most difficult one to get! 

Somehow it was for him though. Hilarious considering his Olympic success rate is a stellar 100%. 

6 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I can't believe it. ISU managed to write an article about Yuzu without mentioning NC. Hands down.

I had a random thought while hanging washing yesterday about how Nathan's career, when it's looked back on, will always be tied to Yuzuru. In the same way that you can't talk about Yagudin's career without mentioning Plushenko, or Yuna without Mao, Zhenya without Alina, Brian without Brian, Nathan will always be tied to Yuzuru. 

But so will Patrick Chan. And Javier. And Shoma. Even Daisuke. 

Yuzuru really is the only one to transcend 'rivalries'. As much as he loves competing and the challenge, I think he's the only one who truly is in a league of his own. No matter about the scores but what we see when he skates. His level of skill is beyond anyone else's. Sure, Patrick had those skating skills and Nathan has those jumps and the consistency needed to make them effective, but Patrick couldn't get the jumps without impacting the skating skills and Nathan can't get the skating skills while focusing on the jumps - and when points matter, why would anyone risk losing any when they can do enough by sticking to their safe strategy even if it doesn't show what they could be capable of? I think Nathan probably can do the jumps the with transitions we'd like to see - I don't think he can always do them though, especially not all in one program. Why would he risk his consistency when what he's doing now is enough to get a WR? The only way we get to see Nathan's potential is through Yuzuru pushing him. We can't say the same for Yuzuru. I think we see him reach newer and newer levels of potential because he's chasing possibility. He wanted to land a 4lo. So he did. He wanted to do crazy jumps with ridiculous transitions because it was possible for him and he did it. That 4T-3A was possible for him, so he did it. Same with 4T-eu-3F. 3A-3A. Keeping the core components of what makes Seimei  Seimei by smooshing all the jumps into about 5 seconds because of the loss of 30 seconds? He did that too. I think he probably just thought he could do it, worked on it, and then went and did it. 4A? He sees the possibility for him and so he's chasing it. Others see the possibility for him

I think his ability to achieve the impossible, in so many ways, will be what is mentioned - in one way or another - in years to come when people reflect on his skating career. The names of his main competitors might get mentioned in a list, if at all, or in passing about Sochi or Worlds or TCC or whatever. I don't think any of those skaters will be able to escape mention of him when their careers are reflected upon though. 

57 minutes ago, memae said:

Somehow it was for him though. Hilarious considering his Olympic success rate is a stellar 100%. 

He even laughed over it a bit in that interview where he said it was like he'd left something behind until he won 4CC, basically he implied that he didn't win things in the proper order. :xD:

24 minutes ago, memae said:

I don't think any of those skaters will be able to escape mention of him when their careers are reflected upon though. 

I predict that in 20 years, they'll all, to a man, be like "I was so privileged to be able to share the ice with Hanyu, even for a moment"

I mean, once everyone has had some time for Yuzu's achievements to sink in.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I predict that in 20 years, they'll all, to a man, be like "I was so privileged to be able to share the ice with Hanyu, even for a moment"

I mean, once everyone has had some time for Yuzu's achievements to sink in.

I feel privileged just to have seen him skate live....